autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What is UPS's deal

Ok, i must be jinxed or something, this is the second order in a row that ups has some issue when delivering my order from autogeek.
    The crew at autogeek have done there part top notch, its ups that has the problem. Last time they shipped to the wrong location completely and now i check the tracking and it shows emergency issue beyond ups control. I'm totally confused on this.

Hey meghan, max, mike etc have you ever thought of looking into FED EX, just a thought

Sorry for venting, this is by no means a slam or complaint about autogeek, they do a great job, it is ups i'm having issue with.
    "Big" Ed Bausman
    Total Care Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is UPS's deal

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ed5150 View Post
    Hey meghan, max, mike etc have you ever thought of looking into FED EX, just a thought
    No, no, NO!! I actually was writing an off-topic thread about a problem I am having with FedEx Ground on a non-detailing product I bought last week. This may be a regional thing, but around here, FedEx STINKS! My order was "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" on Friday, but for some reason was "delayed--scheduled for next business day" which I thought was Saturday for FedEx ground, but apparently I was wrong. So instead of saying "out for delivery" again on Monday, it said "at FedEx facility". When it still said that this morning, I contacted the shipper who called FedEx and they told them that it had been put on the wrong truck on Friday but was out for delivery today.

Of course, I didn't receive the package today, and at the end of the day, again pops up the message "Delivery delayed--rescheduled for next business day" So...did they put it on the wrong truck 3 days in a row? Or did they break it (it's in a glass bottle) or did they just lose it? I actually don't care if they lost it, they or the shipper are responsible and I'm not in a hurry for it--just don't lie when someone calls up about it and say it's on the truck. So just say no to FedEx!!

Sorry for the rant and off-topic--UPS is really good around here and I'm hoping they take care of your problem.

Post Thanks / Like

They all have their good and bad points in the end we find UPS does a great job. If you prefer just request FedEx on your next order as we use all the providers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    They all have their good and bad points in the end we find UPS does a great job. If you prefer just request FedEx on your next order as we use all the providers.

No problem meghan i just felt kind of jinx cause on the last two orders i placed with you guys ups had some sort of issue..just bad luck on my part i guess.
    "Big" Ed Bausman
    Total Care Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I work in shipping and holy sh** man let me tell you, its not only UPS, but Fedex and USPS as well thats been messing up a lot in the last few months. I've had to file a few claims every week at work due to lost or damaged packaging when in the last 3 years I've only had to do less than 10.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not much of a UPS fan either, Dwayne comped me some doo-dads I was inquiring about over a week ago. Not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth I didn't think requesting USPS was a good idea.

8 days in transit from FL to OH so far, I checked yesterday and what oughta be a small envelope was misrouted to San Francisco.

::::shrug::::

TL

Post Thanks / Like

Just a little FYI we use a lot of carriers and with that last storm that went into all of the states we saw mass confusion and delays on a lot of packages. Not just UPS, but FedEx and US mail, so it happens and mother nature does not always help out but it's not something UPS or we can control. But when it does happen please contact Penny as she does work magic with our shipping services.

Post Thanks / Like

UPS are the Hacks in this industry. Next time use Federal Express

Kindest Regards,

Frederick Smith
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

I must that I think it's a regional thing. I've never had an issue with UPS or FedEx for that matter. All my packages have been delivered on time and usually in good condition. Sometimes the boxes are beat up but that comes with shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to be a mix of good and bad areas and drivers. When I worked in B-more, Fed Ex was dependable, polite and early for pick ups. UPS was late and very rude. I had UPS drivers up and leave packages because of the large amount on more then one occasion. I've also been told off by a UPS driver because I ran up to him as he was leaving and added a 5lb box to his hand truck. I approached with a smile and saying sorry sorry i got a last minute one. He proceeded to let me have it.

However when I worked in DC. UPS was top dog. Our driver took pride in making one trip. That cart would be stacked taller then him yet he always arrived with a smile and pleasant conversation. Fed Ex was mediocre

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast