autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Autogeek Packaging-A Plus

Just received my first AG order (Griots Orbital Kit, 6-pack CCS pads, brush) and I'm glad they go the extra mile with the packaging of their products. I opened the box and had to remove over 2 grocery store bags worth of packing peanuts.

Can't wait for my next order to come in next Monday, I hope my freebie SSR 2.5 made it's way inside the box

THANK YOU AG!

I will try to post pictures of my polishing job of my Lexus GS300, we'll see if I remember.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autogeek Packaging-A Plus

I know what you meen I recived my order today, and it was pakaged perfectly. Now I wish it would stop raining, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure you noticed the amount of static held by the packing peanuts. Apparently Florida state law,STS(ship that static) requires that all on line stores that ship any products are required to use "static infused" peanuts as the static creates havoc with the many pacemakers, heart monitors, etc. used by the growing population of elderly in the state . Using a process not unlike that used in Ghostbusters, static is collected throughout the state and injected into the peanuts that have to be used for any out of state shipments.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by POPPAJ View Post
    I'm sure you noticed the amount of static held by the packing peanuts. Apparently Florida state law,STS(ship that static) requires that all on line stores that ship any products are required to use "static infused" peanuts as the static creates havoc with the many pacemakers, heart monitors, etc. used by the growing population of elderly in the state . Using a process not unlike that used in Ghostbusters, static is collected throughout the state and injected into the peanuts that have to be used for any out of state shipments.
    LOL! I too wish they would use the anti-static ones. I love the magic trick when, after you've thrown a few handfuls in the trash, they start jumping out after you throw them in...and then stick to your hands...then you have to go looking for a water pipe to discharge to...

Post Thanks / Like

We have added a few paper packing machines to our packing station line up due to customer request. So if you are not a fan of the peanuts you can request paper packaging. We try to cover all bases for all customer requests.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    We have added a few paper packing machines to our packing station line up due to customer request. So if you are not a fan of the peanuts you can request paper packaging. We try to cover all bases for all customer requests.
    Awesome...good to know. Just put "paper packaging" in the comment section of the order form?

Post Thanks / Like

my wife loves the peanuts as they can be reused for packages she ships to the family.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    my wife loves the peanuts as they can be reused for packages she ships to the family.
    Those peanuts are a real pain. I glad there is an option to avoid them.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to place my first order. I am really excited about what I hear about AG!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Didn't realize this was an option, however, my shipment was packed spot-on with paper. UPS did it's best to destroy the contents, the only damage was a really small measuring cup thingy that I would've lost in no time flat anyway. Excellent packing!!
    2011 - BMW 128i
    2011 - BMW 335is
    2010 - Mazda 3 GT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast