autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Zaino Brothers Products

Zaino Brothers

In August 09, I traded in my 2002 BMW 330i on a 09 Honda Accord Coupe I4 Nav and had a 3M clearbra installed by Accutint (3M installer Bellevue, WA) which recommended I use Zaino products which are compatible with my 3M 5 mil product.

A week later I received a Zaino kit which included wash and several finishing products. My car now has a Zaino finish applied as per Zaino recommendations. I found Zaino to be all it was intended to be. Reflections are detail perfect, and finish stands up well. We have a lot of rain here, so a good seal over clear coat is important.

Previously I used Griot’s Garage products on my BMW, which also provided me an exemplarily show car finish. I still have a lot of Griot’s products and particularly like glass polish, quick wash, and others. For now I am sticking with Zaino.

My last Honda was a 1999 Honda Accord Sedan V6 (200 hp) which we had for over 8 years and traded in on a 4x4 in 2007. One month after purchasing that V6, I missed our old I4, which I felt was more efficient. So this time I went back to a current I4 (190 hp), it has all the power I need for normal everyday use. Regards

Richard
    '09 Accord Coupe Ex L-Nav (190hp) I4
    - Alabaster Silver Metallic/ Zaino finish / Black Leather Interior
    -Weathertech trunk, front
    -3M clear bra, pillars, roof, rear deck
    OEM:
    - side moulding
    - fog lamps
    - Auto dim mirror
    HONDA Accords:
    '99 Sedan EXL V6
    76 K miles - 6th Gen (97-02) 3.0L V6 SOHC VTEC (200 hp)
    '92 Coupe I4
    127 K miles – 4th Gen (90-93) 1992 facelift I4 2.2L (125 hp)
    '85 Sedan LX 4dr I4
    98 K miles – 2nd Gen (82-85) 1985 refresh i4 1.8L (86 hp)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zaino Brothers Products

Sorry you had to trade your BMW for a Honda. Were you just looking for a more reliable daily driver?
    2016 Porsche Boxster Black Edition 6MT Sports Suspension
    2013 BMW 228i Alpine White Jon

Post Thanks / Like

Alrighty.

Post Thanks / Like

mchess1, my decision to rid myself of a mint 2002 BMW, was based on having spent over $6,000 on various repairs in 2009 to keep it mint. Basic engineering and manufacturing stuff should have been taken care of long before I purchased that car new. There are issues with subframe welds failing, A/C evaporator failing because of improper engineering, front end bushing premature failures, and most of all ZF transmissions failing not allowing car to be reversed. I have a laundry list for BMW to respond to, anytime they are ready. BMW is not ‘Ultimate Driving Machine’. BMW does not have manufacturing down as well as products manufactured in Japan or Japanese US plants.

I used to live in Fort Lauderdale. My BMW was purchased at Holman Fort Lauderdale BMW on Federal Highway. I drove daily up to Boca Raton when my car was new for over two years to manage a fairly large project. My BMW worked well in that heat and driving stress. After three years of driving that car began to have issues, such as window regulator failure, door seals failing, rear lights failing (corrosion of contacts), radiator failure, and so on.

I began to suspect that this car had issues which should have been solved long before purchase, so I began to investigate. Latest issue in February 09 was ZF transmission failure.

Since our roads in Washington are in hills and mountains, one must have a high degree of confidence in their ride. My confidence in BMW diminished to point of ‘Sell that thing”, I consider myself lucky to be out of a BMW. Regards

Richard
    OEM:
    - side moulding
    - fog lamps
    - Auto dim mirror
    HONDA Accords:
    '99 Sedan EXL V6
    '92 Coupe I4
    '85 Sedan LX 4dr I4

Post Thanks / Like

Just FYI - Zaino isn't sold by Autogeek, so typically people refrain from Zaino product discussions. By the way, I'm quite sure there are a lot of good products @ AG that work quite well on your 3M clear films, etc.. You ought to do a search for related posts. Occasionally, comparisons to Zaino come up, but that's about it. W/regard to the Honda/BMW input......okay.

See ya.

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is under customer comments. But, AG doesn't sell Zaino, unless you are just commenting on the Griots.

Post Thanks / Like

In short this forum is for discussion of the many products Auto Geek sells, not the rest.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by searich07 View Post
    mchess1, my decision to rid myself of a mint 2002 BMW, was based on having spent over $6,000 on various repairs in 2009 to keep it mint. Basic engineering and manufacturing stuff should have been taken care of long before I purchased that car new. There are issues with subframe welds failing, A/C evaporator failing because of improper engineering, front end bushing premature failures, and most of all ZF transmissions failing not allowing car to be reversed. I have a laundry list for BMW to respond to, anytime they are ready. BMW is not ‘Ultimate Driving Machine’. BMW does not have manufacturing down as well as products manufactured in Japan or Japanese US plants.

I used to live in Fort Lauderdale. My BMW was purchased at Holman Fort Lauderdale BMW on Federal Highway. I drove daily up to Boca Raton when my car was new for over two years to manage a fairly large project. My BMW worked well in that heat and driving stress. After three years of driving that car began to have issues, such as window regulator failure, door seals failing, rear lights failing (corrosion of contacts), radiator failure, and so on.

I began to suspect that this car had issues which should have been solved long before purchase, so I began to investigate. Latest issue in February 09 was ZF transmission failure.

Since our roads in Washington are in hills and mountains, one must have a high degree of confidence in their ride. My confidence in BMW diminished to point of ‘Sell that thing”, I consider myself lucky to be out of a BMW. Regards

Richard
    Unfortunately, BMW is quickly gaining a reputation to not own unless it is under warranty. It's sad to see a manufacturer fall to those levels.

I believe it is because of two reasons essentially. Just so you know Richard, I am not accusing you of doing/not doing these things. I certainly understand the need to have a reliable commuter car to get to and from work.

1. BMW creating the 48 month free maintenance program. They have simply pushed off all required maintenance on their cars because they don't want to pay for it. I follow the maintenance program they used to suggest prior to the new "free" program.
    2. The huge percentage of leased BMWs. The cars are relatively expensive luxury cars yet so many "owners" are in the car because they can afford the lease payment. With no impetus to take care of a car and the "free" maintenance program is it any wonder they are falling apart?

Add the above two to what I feel is cost cutting in the electronics setup and you have a larger percentage of failures.

I am sorry that you spent that much money and still experienced what you did. I am sure that you will be happy with your Honda, my wife is on her third Honda Odyssey.
    2016 Porsche Boxster Black Edition 6MT Sports Suspension
    2013 BMW 228i Alpine White Jon

Post Thanks / Like

mchess1, thank you for your insightful comments with underlying analysis of BMW marketing strategy of ‘not own unless under warranty’. That may not be an explicit strategy, but certainly appears to work as that. I also understand the mentality of leasing for 48 months targeted to a certain income group. I do not lease, and never have, as I purchase new with cash to own. I don’t have any faith in a 48 month ‘free’ maintenance program.

I owned my BMW for seven years and enjoyed driving it, but maintenance was just not up to BMW claims of being ultimate driving machine. In summary, I believe manufacturing and engineering are both lacking in follow through.

From time of being new, my Air Conditioning system never cooled down properly. I had taken it into Fort Lauderdale BMW numerous times, but they never got it right. When I had my BMW sent up to Seattle, I discovered a fine organization which repairs only BMWs, ‘Strictly BMW’ in Bellevue, WA. POver the past three years we finally got everything to work as new. But getting to BMW evaporator required complete removal of dashboard (photo attached). My Evaporator required replacement, cause of failure was something I believed was wrong since new. BMW just ignored a proper fix.

At this time in my life, I would never own another BMW as new, leased, or pre-owned. I have taken care of my cars always keeping them mint.

BMW is a hocus pocus of bate and switch, making consumers believe it is a luxury car, when in fact is less than ordinary. Of particular interest are 700 series cars produced from 2000 on. They are comfortable to drive and sit in, but have a laundry list of mechanical issues, which never seem to be resolved.

I appreciate your comment that you are sorry about my cost of upkeep and BMW experience. Honda is a reliable car and has worked for me, and allowed me to reach substantial miles without horrendous maintenance costs.

I am most happy to take any phone call from upper New Jersey and BMW headquarters, but do not expect them to call, because they well know they have a difficult time defending a car line with so many problems.

Again mchess1 thank you for your response and frank comments. Note photos attached of dash removed for replacement of A/C evaporator, Regards

Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zaino Brothers Products-dscn6778-web-jpg   Zaino Brothers Products-dscn6779-web-jpg  
    OEM:
    - side moulding
    - fog lamps
    - Auto dim mirror
    HONDA Accords:
    '99 Sedan EXL V6
    '92 Coupe I4
    '85 Sedan LX 4dr I4

Post Thanks / Like

RTexasF, thank you for your comments:

“In short this forum is for discussion of the many products Auto Geek sells, not the rest.”
    There are comments by others referencing Zaino, and I have previously used Griot’s Garage products, which are good products. Under fair trade agreements, there is nothing preventing this forum or others from offering other products in this commercial market. Regards

Richard
    OEM:
    - side moulding
    - fog lamps
    - Auto dim mirror
    HONDA Accords:
    '99 Sedan EXL V6
    '92 Coupe I4
    '85 Sedan LX 4dr I4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast