autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Yay!

Post Thanks / Like

Yay!

Well, Got my stuff on Monday as promised from the UPS guy!

Just wanted to say that the package was nicely protected and nary a scratch on anything!

That Daytona brush looks great and can't wait to try it! Stupid night shift at the ol' jail prevents me but tommorow (Wed-26th) it will get a work out.

Can't believe that the brush just needs to soak in hot water and spring back! Awesome!

Those Do Do Juice samplers smell great and can't wait to try them! They were a little more than I wanted to pay, but alas, read a ton of good information on them so I figure, can't lose and I would rather try a sampler than buy a wax and not like it. Our Orange Neon is going to love the Banana Armour while the boy's '67 p/u is going to love the Blue Velvet....Can't wait, hope tonight is quick!

Thanks AG!

Aaron
    Aaron's the name!
    Live long and prosper Leonard Nimoy

Mike Phillips

Re: Yay!

That brush works well and is near as indestructible as you can get.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

What makes that brush different than the original blue one. My blue one works well on the inside of wheels that aren't waxed or are rougher. However, it doesn't work very well at all on the inside of wheels that are waxed and smoother. It still leaves a layer of grime on them. Other than that, it works great.
    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 67Customs View Post
    What makes that brush different than the original blue one. My blue one works well on the inside of wheels that aren't waxed or are rougher. However, it doesn't work very well at all on the inside of wheels that are waxed and smoother. It still leaves a layer of grime on them. Other than that, it works great.
    I was told that the metal wire is thicker then the blue one. So it keeps it shape better then a blue one. As someone that only has the blue I dont have hard facts to back that up but im sure someone will chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris27182 View Post
    I was told that the metal wire is thicker then the blue one. So it keeps it shape better then a blue one. As someone that only has the blue I dont have hard facts to back that up but im sure someone will chime in.

Here's some info direct from the store:

The Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush

This advanced wheel brush has everything you want in a quality detail brush and much more. The staff and I at Palm Beach Motoring studied all the various brushes on the market and compared their pros and cons. Ultimately I took our wish list for the perfect wheel brush to Dean Henderson at EZ Detail Brush, Inc. Dean had already created the ultimate motorcycle detailing brush with the EZ Detail Brush. With a few modifications, I knew we could create the ultimate auto detail brush.

Dean manufactured the Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush to my exact specifications, right down to the hot rod red bristles. In addition, the Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush has a thicker, reinforced stem. It maintains its flexibility but the new stem is more rugged for frequent use on auto wheels. The bristles are slightly feathered on the ends to gently clean delicate wheel finishes, such as coated or plated wheels, without scratching.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 67Customs View Post
    What makes that brush different than the original blue one.
    I haven't used the blue one but I've used the Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush on 2 cars now and my comment was that from after using it I could tell that it was well built and as I said,

Heck I hadn't had time to read the features listed in the link Dwayne posted but just now did and I'm even more impressed, it's a very well-thought out and designed wheel cleaning brush.

I try not to own wheels that are hard to clean just because I don't like spending tons of time cleaning wheels. In fact, the easier a wheel is to clean the more I like it. I've also tried to educate people on the cleaning aspect when choosing custom wheels for years because most people when buying custom wheels just look at the appearance and think like this,

"Man these wheels look cool, I'll take a set"

I've met a lot of people at the hundreds of classes that I've taught that often complain about how much work and how long it takes them to really get their wheels clean. When I point out the idea of choosing a design that looks good but also is easy to clean it's like a light bulb goes on inside their head.

So if you need a brush to help you clean your wheels whether they're complicated and difficult to clean or whether they're quick and easy to clean then this is a well designed brush and from what I can tell,

"as indestructible as you can get"

And a good design as far as performance goes and a good design as far how long it will last you are two different things and you get both with this brush.

Quality tools don't cost money, they make and save you money.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never used the original blue, but have used this one and the mini often. My wheels don't meet Mike's guidelines; they look awesome, but are a royal pain to clean (and with those dreaded German brake pads that leave a trail of dust everywere I go). This brush is very good for reaching the back of the inside, but as 67Customs said, it's not good for scrubbing off grime. What makes it great for me is that it flattens and bends so I can get behind the spokes and between the rim and brake without tearing up my hands. I also use the mini to get to the shield that's supposed to be cutting down on my dust. I highly recommend this brush and/or the mini for anyone with difficult wheels.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.