autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mike Phillips leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    He has his forum, but it's very quiet. Even Autopia is very quiet. I asked Mike if he would merge his forum into his new spot, good for both parties then! Lol
    Not to go off topic, but I have wondered why this site gets way more traffic than the sister site?? What is the difference posting is more here??

Post Thanks / Like

Not to go off topic, but I have wondered why this site gets way more traffic than the sister site?? What is the difference posting is more here??
    They're both dying off compared to what they used to be and Autogeek is a more well known name compared to Autopia, which I hadn't heard of before coming to this forum. So Autopia doesn't draw new people in.

3. Likes DUBL0WS6, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This forum has had more traffic than Autopia for a real long time. Part of that is due to, I believe, when Mike had how to and product review threads here. Autopia never had anything like that.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

5. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No surprise AG used to have great traffic, because it had a forum leader in Mike P..

Whenever you’ve got a strong leader, whether it be in the workplace, the church, or even an online forum, you’ll find people will come around and engage as they sense it being a active, viable community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes PaulMys, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Autogeek forum was/is a direct extension/support system for those who purchased from Autogeek; if a product was mentioned that was not sold by AG, the post was edited/deleted and would sometimes result in a short vacation for the poster. Autopia was a more open forum and since it was not a direct connection to Autogeek and their large customer base, it was always a bit in the background in the PBMG hierarchy. As long as you didn't directly link to a product not sold by any of the PBMG entities, anything could be discussed/reviewed at Autopia.

There might have been a past history of Autopia that had nothing to do with Autogeek as well...can't remember.

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    The Autogeek forum was/is a direct extension/support system for those who purchased from Autogeek; if a product was mentioned that was not sold by AG, the post was edited/deleted and would sometimes result in a short vacation for the poster. Autopia was a more open forum and since it was not a direct connection to Autogeek and their large customer base, it was always a bit in the background in the PBMG hierarchy. As long as you didn't directly link to a product not sold by any of the PBMG entities, anything could be discussed/reviewed at Autopia.

There might have been a past history of Autopia that had nothing to do with Autogeek as well...can't remember.
    See, thats where I would have thought the sites would be the other way around of the way they are now, everyone on Autopia because they could discuss any and all products. Odd the way it is working out.

I still am happy to have forums with people to discuss the interests.

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He has his forum, but it's very quiet. Even Autopia is very quiet. I asked Mike if he would merge his forum into his new spot, good for both parties then! Lol
    Lol yeah im a member there too, and it is quite. That'd be cool if he did something as far as making content like he has in the past and putting in on a forum.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345