autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Beware of Buying Carpro products from AG

Quote Originally Posted by VenomSS View Post
    According to Carpro...their Shelf life is... 1 year!

I have read all the BS about how...the Korean Government makes them...label it!

Then AG...tells me it's nothing and it will last a lot longer than that! Carpro the maker...states 1 year shelf life on their site... I would tend to believe the....maker!

I bought 5 carpro products from AG and 4 out of 5 were past or within days of the...1 year shelf life.

So Buyer...Beware!

If want Carpro...especially fresh or at least not...expired...when buy it...I would buy...direct from...Carpro!
    Lol literally in the same boat. I just had one expire recently and AG doesn't seem willing to do anything about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beware of Buying Carpro products from AG

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    I used to work in the aerospace industry and just about every type of product used, i.e., adhesives, paints, sealants, even some greases and oils, etc., had an expiration date associated with it and was tracked by lot/batch numbers.

Whenever the expiration date got close to, or past, do you think the stuff was just thrown away? Heck no! It was sent to a lab, retested, and certified for another period of time. Most of those products were recertified over and over again as they would always pass the lab tests.

Moral of the story... Unopened products (in most cases) will last many, many times the length of their advertised shelf-life.

EDIT: As an example, I have some Hardman Extra Fast Setting Epoxy that I got from a neighbor in individual single use packaging. The expiration date is September 26, 1984. I still use the stuff today in my woodshop. In fact, I just used some yesterday.
    I have a gel-filled bottle of Cquartz that disagrees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Mark View Post
    I will send a box and you can send all your old 'useless' chems to me
    PM your address.

Post Thanks / Like

The op never mentioned which carpro product was expired.

Quote Originally Posted by pgeorgan View Post
    Lol literally in the same boat. I just had one expire recently and AG doesn't seem willing to do anything about it.
    What product is it? There are many carpro products.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a gel-filled bottle of Cquartz that disagrees.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    The op never mentioned which carpro product was expired.

What product is it? There are many carpro products.

CQ Lite.

Post Thanks / Like

CQ Lite.
    Lite only has a 1 year shelf life. So unfortunately you are out of luck. Contact Car Pro and see if they can help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Lite only has a 1 year shelf life. So unfortunately you are out of luck. Contact Car Pro and see if they can help.
    Ordered in 2020. The hologram sticker says "2019". The sticker on the bottom of the bottle says manufactured 11/2019 and expiration 10/2021.

Haven't heard back from AG... Should I just contact CarPro?

EDIT:

Spoke with AG over the phone. Not a great experience. Full disclaimer: I'm just a simple detailing hobbyist. I opened the package last summer and coated one vehicle. I went to do the same thing this Summer, and after prepping the vehicle, reached for the product only to find it had turned to gel.

The person on the phone basically told me I "should have known" it had to be consumed within 1-year of opening, despite this not being listed on either the bottle, nor AG's product description at the time of ordering. So what kind of hobbyist would order 150ml of this stuff? I don't have a fleet of cars. Very deceptive, imho.

So, 95%+ of the product will just have to go in the trash.

Absolute brutal customer service. Lesson learned.

8. Likes DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t blame AG. CarPro should sell this in smaller bottles. I think it’s good for 1 year unopened but once you open the bottle might be more like 6 months. So unless you have a bunch of cars to coat, this probably isn’t the right product for you. Other of their coatings come in 30ml bottles, SiC even comes in 10ml so there’s no waste.

McKee’s does the same thing. 120ml bottle of coating that only lasts a few months once opened. Better have about 8 cars lined up or you’ll be wasting product.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered in 2020. The hologram sticker says "2019". The sticker on the bottom of the bottle says manufactured 11/2019 and expiration 10/2021.

Haven't heard back from AG... Should I just contact CarPro?

EDIT:

Spoke with AG over the phone. Not a great experience. Full disclaimer: I'm just a simple detailing hobbyist. I opened the package last summer and coated one vehicle. I went to do the same thing this Summer, and after prepping the vehicle, reached for the product only to find it had turned to gel.

The person on the phone basically told me I "should have known" it had to be consumed within 1-year of opening, despite this not being listed on either the bottle, nor AG's product description at the time of ordering. So what kind of hobbyist would order 150ml of this stuff? I don't have a fleet of cars. Very deceptive, imho.

So, 95%+ of the product will just have to go in the trash.

Absolute brutal customer service. Lesson learned.
    Reading this, it seems you had already used it to coat another vehicle?

If this is the case you accelerated the curing of the coating by opening it. It will start to become unusable around the 6-7 month mark.

Nobody is going to take back and opened and used bottle of coating.

AG is not responsible for the product as they are just a seller. CarPro is the manufacturer and you would have to reach out to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    I wouldn’t blame AG. CarPro should sell this in smaller bottles. I think it’s good for 1 year unopened but once you open the bottle might be more like 6 months. So unless you have a bunch of cars to coat, this probably isn’t the right product for you. Other of their coatings come in 30ml bottles, SiC even comes in 10ml so there’s no waste.

McKee’s does the same thing. 120ml bottle of coating that only lasts a few months once opened. Better have about 8 cars lined up or you’ll be wasting product.
    Indeed. All things I've learned over the last year.

I'm not really "blaming" anyone. I bought a product with a poor description at the point of sale. At least be willing to stand behind the sale should that description be missing pertinent info. I wouldn't have ordered the product if there was even the slightest hint of a second, hidden expiration date.

One or two sentences under the product description ought to clear that up. Don't you think?

Just my two cents.

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast