autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Major letdown

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Major letdown

Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    . The credit card isn't supposed be charged until the product ships.
    That’s what I would hope. It’s only good business to charge only after shipment. Other sites in other categories do so.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

You would think, right. But as of right now my cc statement shows the full amount as being charged (not a temporary hold for the amount spent) and nothing has been shipped or will be shipped for at least 7-10 business days. Something doesn't smell right now that I think about it. This is not good business practice.

I'm going to call my Credit Card company in the morning. Now I'm curious as to how billing vs. back order shipping works.
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6 (sold) / 2022 Camry SE (Ice Edge)

Post Thanks / Like

Hope they adjust the charge if you call them
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

4. Thanks dennis b thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Hope they adjust the charge if you call them
    A quick google search shows that it is actually not illegal for merchants to charge for a product before it has shipped. But imo it's not good business practice unless the item is special order. I know Amazon doesn't do it.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered $125 worth of product on Sunday during the 20% off 4th of July sale. I received this message on Tuesday evening.

Email received two days after ordering:

Hello,

Thank you for your order. An item on your recent order has been placed on temporary backorder.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions, or if you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate your business.

If you would like to adjust your order, please contact us directly and one of our Customer Service Representatives will be happy assist you. Once the backordered item is received, will work to ship your order as quickly as possible.

We expect to ship your order in approximately 7-10 business days.

BACK-ORDER: 500 ml. CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo

Sincerely,
    Marquez
    Customerservice@Autogeek
    This happens on almost all of my orders. In fact it just happened for an order I placed on the sister site.

Time for some upgrades to the e-commerce platform. It's really not acceptable to not know at time of order if items are in stock. Getting it wrong should be a rare occurrence and not the norm.

Other (not larger) competitors will even tell you when you'll receive your order prior to placing it.

I'm not crazy about the pricing strategy either. Yes you can advertise 25% off discounts when the competitors only advertise 20% but many products have artificially marked up list prices to offset the discount you are getting.

This feedback is provided constructively. If improvements aren't made it will lead to no more Autogeek one day.

7. Likes Mikem3574, dennis b liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Yeah, you caught them. AG and all employees are a bunch of thieves & liars.

Thank you for exposing this ruse that has been perpetrated and undetected by the rest of us.... SMH
    Shake your head all you want. I think your blinded by the free product they send you.

It's not good when a company states they have a product in stock and don't, charges your credit card then emails you two days later after the credit card goes though to say they can't ship any of the products they do have in stock till the now back ordered product arrives. It's not good business. They care more saving a couple of dollars on shipping an extra box than the customers satisfaction. Who holds up a whole order because of one item. Autogeek does.

9. Likes Mikem3574 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not good when a company states they have a product in stock and don't, charges your credit card then emails you two days later after the credit card goes though to say they can't ship any of the products they do have in stock till the now back ordered product arrives. It's not good business. They care more saving a couple of dollars on shipping an extra box than the customers satisfaction. Who holds up a whole order because of one item. Autogeek does.
    They will ship your other items if you ask. They are pretty good about that.

I agree though that you shouldn't have to ask. It should just happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I don’t mind if they charge my credit card if it’s on back order or not since it’s something I want...I completely trust the girls and guys at AG that they’ll take care of me.

I look at them like good friends at the local neighborhood drinking establishment...you know them and they know you.

I guess the Big Question is...do you trust AG that they’ll take care of you or not?

I do.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Shake your head all you want. I think your blinded by the free product they send you.

There is zero doubt in my mind that if the order changes or you request a cancellation due to the unknown out of stock item, that AG will accommodate any requests and your credit card will be corrected per the end result.

Therefore, while I understand your issue with the shipping, the credit card charge is all optics. It’s a temporary issue, like the pending order itself, and if the order changes per request the card will end up being charged the correct amount. Unless someone lives life riding near the credit limit, it just doesn’t seem like an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, I probably over reacted last night. I'm running low on Reset but I have enough left for a few more washes. The other items were just products I wanted to try. Nothing critical that can't wait a few weeks. Amazing what a good nights sleep can do for your attitude.

Carry on gentlemen.

14. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast