autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: Major letdown

  1. #21
    Senior Member PaulMys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    7,038
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Major letdown

    Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I ordered a replacement part for my daughters 2016 Altima two weeks ago, the company charged my card then told me it was out of stock and a refund would take 4-5 days. It happens every day with online stores.
    SOP in the online world.

    But what companies actually reach out to make it right? Oh yeah. AutoGeek!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

  2. Likes custmsprty liked this post
  3. #22
    Senior Member Route246's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal - San Mateo County
    Posts
    1,022
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Major letdown

    The book, "Customers For Life" has been around for almost 20 years. AG lives it. They want you as a customer for the rest of your life and they will go out of their way to make sure that happens. It is the way things work there. Take it to the bank.

  4. #23
    Senior Member Coatingsarecrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,992
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Major letdown

    Yeah i had been waiting to buy a pixie and two sales where i could get it 15% off passed with no pixie in stock. I understood it not being in but wanted to order to get sale.

    I emailed Meghan and she apologized explained the issue and had someone call me (not me call them) to order. It ended up being more of a process as they changed systems and it has issues taking CC and GC’s.

    I decided agAinst buying it as i really dont need it and the job i was going to help my friend with fell through.

    Sum it all up and they were their to take care of me Major letdown


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #24
    Member dennis b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Major letdown

    I ordered $125 worth of product on Sunday during the 20% off 4th of July sale. I received this message on Tuesday evening.


    Email received two days after ordering:

    Hello,

    Thank you for your order. An item on your recent order has been placed on temporary backorder.

    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions, or if you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate your business.

    If you would like to adjust your order, please contact us directly and one of our Customer Service Representatives will be happy assist you. Once the backordered item is received, will work to ship your order as quickly as possible.

    We expect to ship your order in approximately 7-10 business days.

    BACK-ORDER: 500 ml. CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo

    Sincerely,
    Marquez
    Customerservice@Autogeek


    The four bottles of Reset I ordered were in stock when I ordered.

    I'll wait but I'm a little annoyed. Detailing is a hobby for me so I can wait unlike a professional detailer that needs product to make a living. I'm not annoyed that Reset is on backorder because they probably have antiquated live inventory tracking software.

    What I'm annoyed about is that they are going to hold up shipping the other four products I ordered that are in stock for another ten days. Obviously they are trying to save on shipping. I live twenty five miles south of Stuart Florida. Shipping must be minimal.

    If Autogeek had a customer centric philosophy they would ship the items that were in stock and then ship the backordered item(s) separately.

    I keep hearing how customer oriented Autogeek is. I'm not so sure.

    Is this standard practice for Autogeek to hold up the whole order if one item is backordered? If I was making a living from detailing I'd be looking for another supplier.

    From experience the big online shippers don't work this way. They ship what they have in stock right away.

    Yes, I realize they did email me and I can cancel but that's not what this post is about. It's about what constitutes customer service at Autogeek.
    2018 Mythos Black Audi S6

  6. #25
    Senior Member PaulMys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    7,038
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Major letdown

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    I ordered $125 worth of product on Sunday during the 20% off 4th of July sale. I received this message on Tuesday evening.


    Email received two days after ordering:

    Hello,

    Thank you for your order. An item on your recent order has been placed on temporary backorder.

    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions, or if you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate your business.

    If you would like to adjust your order, please contact us directly and one of our Customer Service Representatives will be happy assist you. Once the backordered item is received, will work to ship your order as quickly as possible.

    We expect to ship your order in approximately 7-10 business days.

    BACK-ORDER: 500 ml. CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo

    Sincerely,
    Marquez
    Customerservice@Autogeek


    The four bottles of Reset I ordered were in stock when I ordered.

    I'll wait but I'm a little annoyed. Detailing is a hobby for me so I can wait unlike a professional detailer that needs product to make a living. I'm not annoyed that Reset is on backorder because they probably have antiquated live inventory tracking software.

    What I'm annoyed about is that they are going to hold up shipping the other four products I ordered that are in stock for another ten days. Obviously they are trying to save on shipping. I live twenty five miles south of Stuart Florida. Shipping must be minimal.

    If Autogeek had a customer centric philosophy they would ship the items that were in stock and then ship the backordered item(s) separately.

    I keep hearing how customer oriented Autogeek is. I'm not so sure.

    Is this standard practice for Autogeek to hold up the whole order if one item is backordered? If I was making a living from detailing I'd be looking for another supplier.

    From experience the big online shippers don't work this way. They ship what they have in stock right away.

    Yes, I realize they did email me and I can cancel but that's not what this post is about. It's about what constitutes customer service at Autogeek.
    I realize your frustration.

    But quite honestly, why are you mail ordering from AG when you are like a 30 minute drive away??
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

  7. Likes The Guz liked this post
  8. #26
    Senior Member fly07sti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    2,456
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Major letdown

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    I ordered $125 worth of product on Sunday during the 20% off 4th of July sale. I received this message on Tuesday evening.


    Email received two days after ordering:

    Hello,

    Thank you for your order. An item on your recent order has been placed on temporary backorder.

    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions, or if you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate your business.

    If you would like to adjust your order, please contact us directly and one of our Customer Service Representatives will be happy assist you. Once the backordered item is received, will work to ship your order as quickly as possible.

    We expect to ship your order in approximately 7-10 business days.

    BACK-ORDER: 500 ml. CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo

    Sincerely,
    Marquez
    Customerservice@Autogeek


    The four bottles of Reset I ordered were in stock when I ordered.

    I'll wait but I'm a little annoyed. Detailing is a hobby for me so I can wait unlike a professional detailer that needs product to make a living. I'm not annoyed that Reset is on backorder because they probably have antiquated live inventory tracking software.

    What I'm annoyed about is that they are going to hold up shipping the other four products I ordered that are in stock for another ten days. Obviously they are trying to save on shipping. I live twenty five miles south of Stuart Florida. Shipping must be minimal.

    If Autogeek had a customer centric philosophy they would ship the items that were in stock and then ship the backordered item(s) separately.

    I keep hearing how customer oriented Autogeek is. I'm not so sure.

    Is this standard practice for Autogeek to hold up the whole order if one item is backordered? If I was making a living from detailing I'd be looking for another supplier.

    From experience the big online shippers don't work this way. They ship what they have in stock right away.

    Yes, I realize they did email me and I can cancel but that's not what this post is about. It's about what constitutes customer service at Autogeek.
    I have had the exact same scenario play out and if I did not want to wait for my backordered products, I would contact them and ask them to ship what was in stock.

  9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
  10. #27
    Member dennis b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Major letdown

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I realize your frustration.

    But quite honestly, why are you mail ordering from AG when you are like a 30 minute drive away??
    1. Autogeek isn't a retail store. Or I should say it wasn't a retail store when I was there twenty years ago buying marine products for a boat that was docked in Hobe Sound. Which is right next door to Stuart.

    2. South Florida is the Corona virus hotspot of the world right now.

    3. Sorry goggle maps says Stuart is 63 miles from my house. A 55 minute drive each way. Why waste gas, put wear and tear on my car and spend two hours driving on I-95 when UPS delivers next day from Autogeek normally.

    4. I would have been mad not just annoyed if the website said Reset was in stock and it wasn't when I got there.

    5. I'm a lazy retired man who wants things dropped at his door step.
    2018 Mythos Black Audi S6

  11. #28
    Senior Member PaulMys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    7,038
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Major letdown

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    1. Autogeek isn't a retail store.

    2. South Florida is the Corona virus hotspot of the world right now.

    3. Sorry goggle maps says Stuart is 63 miles from my house. A 55 minute drive each way. Why waste gas, put wear and tear on my car and spend two hours driving when UPS delivers next day from Autogeek normally.

    4. I would have been mad not just annoyed if the website said Reset was in stock and it wasn't when I got there.

    5. I'm a lazy retired man who wants things dropped at his door step.
    Ok, gotcha.

    But a quick call to AG customer service, and they will make it right. Guaranteed.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

  12. #29
    Member dennis b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Major letdown

    Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I have had the exact same scenario play out and if I did not want to wait for my backordered products, I would contact them and ask them to ship what was in stock.
    I'll call them tomorrow and ask them to ship what they have. Their policy needs to change. Shouldn't need to call.

    Also when you order the money you spent is listed as pending on your credit card. After two days the money was charged to my credit card. I just looked at my credit card summary and the money I spent went from pending to charged. So in essence If I don't call I'll be charged for products that won't ship for another two weeks. Ten business days is in essence two weeks.

    I'd almost like to say that Autogeek isn't on the up and up with their shipping and billing practices. The credit card isn't supposed be charged until the product ships.
    2018 Mythos Black Audi S6

  13. #30
    Senior Member PaulMys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    7,038
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Major letdown

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post

    I'd almost like to say that Autogeek isn't on the up and up with their shipping and billing practices. The credit card isn't supposed be charged until the product ships.
    Yeah, you caught them. AG and all employees are a bunch of thieves & liars.

    Thank you for exposing this ruse that has been perpetrated and undetected by the rest of us.... SMH
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Any major difference between Meg's APC and APC+ ?
    By Rez90 in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2013, 08:39 PM
  2. A little letdown with BF midnight sun
    By Sommy in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-29-2012, 11:03 AM
  3. In major need of help
    By RoyalBlUE08 in forum Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Orbital Polisher
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 09:07 AM
  4. Major bummer.....
    By mcpp66 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 07:52 PM
  5. DoDo Juice Wax letdown?
    By 02blackout in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-14-2009, 07:12 AM

Members who have read this thread: 77

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» August 2020

S M T W T F S
262728293031 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31 12345