autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yes, they are slow to ship

Amazon is great for socks, not high-end detailing products.

Then again...... Why did you need socks that will last two months shipped to you in two days?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Amazon is great for socks, not high-end detailing products.
    Unfortunately ever since the switch to fedex Amazon has been my go to for most things I can also find on there. Their selection is.. limited, and I sometimes don’t trust that I’m getting a current or even the correct product (lots of cases where people receive the wrong item - likely a warehouse picker making a mistake.) but that pales in comparison to dealing with fedex lol.

AG does have a monstrous inventory to choose from, no doubt that. Just wish I could choose for them to send through UPS Yes, they are slow to ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I agree. I’m all the way on the west coast, so I’ve pretty much gotten used to the mentality of placing an order and forgetting about it. The following week it shows up almost like an unexpected surprise.Yes, they are slow to shipYes, they are slow to ship
    I'm on the west coast, also. If I want something quick I pay sales tax and order from Amazon or a west coast detailing supply where I pay shipping and sale tax, otherwise I order from AGO all of the time. I have only ordered from an LA supplier once and it came overnight (by ground) and I paid the premium for it. For me, detailing supplies can wait, I'm just a hobbyist and I buy mostly gallons so I can plan ahead. If it doesn't show up by Saturday (my detailing day) I wait until the next Saturday.

Ordering from AGO is a game of patience and discipline with respect to sales, free shipping and promos. I think I once ordered 8 gallons and it came in two boxes with free shipping. I can't imagine what shipping would cost at the rack rate for this but it beats the snot out of going to a retail store and lugging it home in my car. Nothing better than to have 8 gallons of products show up at my door, never having to load and unload the vehicle. I snipe when I have to pickup detergent at Costco and carry it to the laundry room.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

They sure in the he!! aren't slow to ship when you pay $18.74 for shipping from Fl to Pa for 2 16 oz bottles of product! "25% sale awesome deal but bend over because we are going to rape you with shipping." I'm so disgusted with AG.

5. Dislikes custmsprty disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s so often that they run flat rate or free shipping that I have never had one of these experiences. Made an order Tuesday with free shipping over $50. Received the package Friday. In PA. Not bad.

7. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Unfortunately ever since the switch to fedex Amazon has been my go to for most things I can also find on there. Their selection is.. limited, and I sometimes don’t trust that I’m getting a current or even the correct product (lots of cases where people receive the wrong item - likely a warehouse picker making a mistake.) but that pales in comparison to dealing with fedex lol.

AG does have a monstrous inventory to choose from, no doubt that. Just wish I could choose for them to send through UPS Yes, they are slow to ship

Lots of people complained on here about UPS and asked for FedEx for quite some time. AG needs to leverage their shipping with one or the other to get the best rates. If they used both their rates would most likely go up. Simple economics. Unfortunately, as the old saying goes, you can't please all the peole all the time.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

9. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely, I've taken advantage of those as well. BUT when it's 25% off sale, total off was $19 and some change and then to charge $18.74 for shipping is pure greed. USPS, flat rate is $5.95 for a small box which these products would have fit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
    Absolutely, I've taken advantage of those as well. BUT when it's 25% off sale, total off was $19 and some change and then to charge $18.74 for shipping is pure greed. USPS, flat rate is $5.95 for a small box which these products would have fit it.
    And the good thing about USPS flate rate is they give you the shipping boxes for free! I agree they should really look into using that for smaller and lighter items.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Lots of people complained on here about UPS and asked for FedEx for quite some time. AG needs to leverage their shipping with one or the other to get the best rates. If they used both their rates would most likely go up. Simple economics. Unfortunately, as the old saying goes, you can't please all the peole all the time.
    Yeah, I get that. It’s just a case of FedEx being garbage where I live, which is fine.

I place orders from AG here and there, but I place most orders elsewhere now.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered some products on Thursday just before lunch. They arrived at my house in PA less than 48 hours later using their free shipping option. I have no complaints related to FedEx or AG’s shipping speed.
    Bruno Soares

14. Likes custmsprty liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast