autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FedEx

Post Thanks / Like

FedEx

This is more of an open ended question to anyone that's ordered since FedEx has been handling the deliveries/a rant on my part. Does anyone else have constant issues with FedEx?

I was really disappointed when AG made the switch for FedEx. Over the past 10-11 years, FedEx has "delivered" dozens of packages to "me" and they're nowhere to be found. Usually they'll show up a day or two later at my mailbox miraculously (where they're always stated to be to begin with.) But in more recent years, the packages just never show up. "Delivered" to front door, mailbox, on the roof, it doesn't matter what the tracking says - it's never there. Call neighbors to check with them because on my backroads some driveways are shared, and none ever have what was "delivered."

I recently ordered a pair of carpro glass pads, no big deal, nothing I needed just something I wanted to try since Visitor was kind enough to give me some ceriglass to try and clear my windshield up. They were "delivered" on saturday. Allegedly. I waited until monday, just to see if they showed up at my mailbox/at my door, and unsurprisingly, they did not. I called AG, and of course they took care of me. Sent out a new package that required a signature this time.

Today I stayed home to wait for them to come by and intercept the package. No big deal, just as long as I get the package. Turns out they came by at 12:30pm, and didn't even bother coming to my front door to knock. They simply put the note on the garage door (that was closed) and left. Here and gone so fast my dogs didn't even get the chance to bark up a storm. I found the note later at 3pm or so.

FedEx is easily the least reliable residential shipping I've ever encountered.

Has anyone had luck asking AG to send bigger orders through a different company? My preference would be UPS. If that's not possible, I'll probably have to stop ordering from this site, which is very disappointing. It's simply not worth the frustration of dealing with FedEx. What if it had been a larger order? You know?

Just to note; this isn't an issue with AG. AG customer service took care of me in <5 minutes on the phone which I'm very grateful for. But I really don't want to deal with this every time I order something.

2. Likes grisby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: FedEx

I had way more issues with UPS and I only live 3 hours from AG. Damage was a regular occurrence and no company does a better job packing liquids that AG. I can say that having been in the Packaging business for 27 years.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

FedEx is so much better than UPS, at least where I live. I get my stuff 2 days sooner and have never had any issues.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

I worked for FedEx as a delivery driver years ago in the Palm Beach County area. I was actually glad to hear that AG started using FedEx since I know they deliver on Saturdays - FedEx Home Delivery that is.

As "custmsprty" mentioned, I've had more issues with UPS.

While I worked for FedEx, I was really impressed with the importance the managers at my center placed on great customer service.

In our branch, the drivers were not finished with their route until they made every attempt to deliver every package on their truck. Some packages required signatures and the driver was supposed to make every possible attempt to contact the customer.

This could be a local branch problem or a problem with the FedEx driver. I'm sure you've already reported your concerns to FedEX, that's the best way to handle it. When I worked there, drivers that had repeated complaints were let go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
    I worked for FedEx as a delivery driver years ago in the Palm Beach County area. I was actually glad to hear that AG started using FedEx since I know they deliver on Saturdays - FedEx Home Delivery that is.

As "custmsprty" mentioned, I've had more issues with UPS.

While I worked for FedEx, I was really impressed with the importance the managers at my center placed on great customer service.

In our branch, the drivers were not finished with their route until they made every attempt to deliver every package on their truck. Some packages required signatures and the driver was supposed to make every possible attempt to contact the customer.

This could be a local branch problem or a problem with the FedEx driver. I'm sure you've already reported your concerns to FedEX, that's the best way to handle it. When I worked there, drivers that had repeated complaints were let go.
    I've placed many complaints over the years, and at a certain point I just stopped ordering from places that utilized FedEx.

I'm sure it's just an issue with my particular area, but it's incredibly inconvenient to say the least.

Edit: to put it into perspective, if I order something from Ebay that ships on the slow boat from China, I trust that product to get here more reliably than anything FedEx handles in this area.

7. Thanks grisby thanked for this post
    Likes grisby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Almost never have issues with FedEx. Frequently have issues with UPS. Consistent with many of the replies here so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I've placed many complaints over the years, and at a certain point I just stopped ordering from places that utilized FedEx.

I'm sure it's just an issue with my particular area, but it's incredibly inconvenient to say the least.

Edit: to put it into perspective, if I order something from Ebay that ships on the slow boat from China, I trust that product to get here more reliably than anything FedEx handles in this area.
    Sounds like to me you need to pursue the issue with FedEx if it matters to you.

I had a USPS mail guy who did the same thing. I watched him leave a pink delivery slip in my box for a package that required a signature, lazy man never got out of his truck. He did that numeroues times as I work from home and could hear the truck pull up and away. I'd go the box and there would be a pink slip in my box and he never knocked on my door. He also consistently left the wrong peoples mail in my box. He knows better now. Finally I recorded him on my cell phone and went to the his post office and asked for the senior manager and played it for them. Case closed.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

10. Likes PaulMys, Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Our FedEx guy is cool. He always covers the packages with plastic, or will put them between my storm door and main door if they fit when it's raining.

My wife got an order of about 3-4 pair of jeans delivered by UPS. The guy just threw them on my front stoop in the pouring rain.

By the time I got home, the jeans were wet as hell. Soaked right through the box.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been happy with the switch to FedEx(I live in TX). I haven’t had any delivery or damaged package issues, and get my AG packages 2-3 days faster than when UPS was the carrier

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

FedEx > UPS in my experience as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast