autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FedEx

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FedEx

Up here in MI, USPS, and UPS are more consistent and predictable than FedEx.

2. Thanks Finick thanked for this post
    Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've placed a few orders with AG over the past few years and deliveries were by UPS and then FedEx. I have not had any issues with either. They usually ring the door bell to let me know I have a delivery.

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends where you live. I opt to pay for Fedex Express most times since our Fedex ground driver is a @sshat. We have filed complaints, send video of him throwing packages from the back of the truck, etc.. We found several of our missing packages last week when the snow melted. He left them in the drainage ditch down at the bottom of the road, must have been too hard to come up our road/driveway. Not to mention the box that went thru our snowblower when cleaning up a storm in January.

UPS is good to us as is Fedex express. They put stuff in plastic bags and on our back porch. They actually try to care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

5. Likes grisby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well at least I’m not alone lol. I honestly wish I could choose which company handled my package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes PaulMys, grisby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Well at least I’m not alone lol. I honestly wish I could choose which company handled my package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be cool.

Reading this post, I guess it really does matter on the region, and more importantly it seems, the individual driver.

Ebg18t's post was hard to read. I can't imagine that kind of horrible service.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to give you a little insight. When I worked for them, the routes for FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery were all run by independent contractors. I think it still is that way.

In other words, someone owns the route(s) and the truck(s) and FedEx pays the owner a certain amount for each package delivered. The contractor/owner is responsible for the route(s) and the maintenance of his truck(s). I think FedEx gives the owner a certain amount for maintenance. If the contractor owns only one route, then he usually is the delivery driver. If he owns multiple routes, then he'll have multiple delivery drivers working for him of course.

I worked for a guy who owned about 7 routes and about 8 trucks and a couple of vans. He happened to be a good mechanic so he was able to save money on maintenance and repairs on his trucks.

It may be a little different now, but years ago here in south FL, the pay and benefits were not great for the drivers, about $150 per day and no health insurance...depending on the owner of the route...but they all pretty much paid about the same. The drivers got paid a little extra during the Holidays and other special days like Mother's day (tons of flowers).

The drivers normally get paid a flat rate per day and some days can be long since they have to be early at the terminal (between 5-6am) to load their trucks and they finish when an attempt is made to deliver every package on their truck and sometimes that could be late in the afternoon, which makes for a long day and even longer during the Holidays.

So there are good drivers who follow the protocols and some that try to cut corners to finish quicker, but those don't last long...at least in the terminal I worked at...kudos to the management at that terminal at that time. Customer service was their #1 priority and safety was another big one.

FedEx Express, the overnight service, is not subbed out to contractors (I think it still is that way) and they get paid directly by FedEx and with benefits. They do pretty well.

10. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
    Just to give you a little insight. When I worked for them, the routes for FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery were all run by independent contractors. I think it still is that way.

In other words, someone owns the route(s) and the truck(s) and FedEx pays the owner a certain amount for each package delivered. The contractor/owner is responsible for the route(s) and the maintenance of his truck(s). I think FedEx gives the owner a certain amount for maintenance. If the contractor owns only one route, then he usually is the delivery driver. If he owns multiple routes, then he'll have multiple delivery drivers working for him of course.

I worked for a guy who owned about 7 routes and about 8 trucks and a couple of vans. He happened to be a good mechanic so he was able to save money on maintenance and repairs on his trucks.

It may be a little different now, but years ago here in south FL, the pay and benefits were not great for the drivers, about $150 per day and no health insurance...depending on the owner of the route...but they all pretty much paid about the same. The drivers got paid a little extra during the Holidays and other special days like Mother's day (tons of flowers).

The drivers normally get paid a flat rate per day and some days can be long since they have to be early at the terminal (between 5-6am) to load their trucks and they finish when an attempt is made to deliver every package on their truck and sometimes that could be late in the afternoon, which makes for a long day and even longer during the Holidays.

So there are good drivers who follow the protocols and some that try to cut corners to finish quicker, but those don't last long...at least in the terminal I worked at...kudos to the management at that terminal at that time. Customer service was their #1 priority and safety was another big one.

FedEx Express, the overnight service, is not subbed out to contractors (I think it still is that way) and they get paid directly by FedEx and with benefits. They do pretty well.
    Thanks for this post, Frank. Great insight.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

12. Likes FrankS, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am one that is glad AG went with Fed-X. Quicker than UPS. Never had a issue.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

No problems with FED X here in SW Pa....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12