autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First time Buyer and Frustrated!

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Why aren't you buying from the autogeek resellers in Canada...?
    Have you ever ordered (or tried to) from Canadian distributors? There are maybe 10 of them here in Canada. Here is the lowdown on what to expect...

Most of them only carry a few brands. So if you are like me and like to order from several brands depending on the product (Meguiars, CarPro, Optimum, etc) then it's almost impossible to order everything from a single place, so you end up paying shipping two or three times from having to place many orders.

Second, most of the distributors have very limited offering in the brands they carry. Just to give you an example, it is almost impossible to find common products like Meguiars APC, Super Degreaser, or Express Spray Wax here in Canada. This is true for most brands, they may carry some of the products but most will not be avaialble.

Third, pretty much all of the time, the popular items will be out of stock. I don't know how many times during the last 4 years I have tried to place an order with E-shine (largest Canadian distributor and Autogeek reseller) just to find at least half of what I need is out of stock. Granted I usually place my orders in March and April in preparation for the busy season, so it might be a timing thing... but it's still very frustrating.

This year I have found some resellers that carry a few items I like, at a reasonable price, but they still suffer from point 1, 2 and 3. So despite the expensive shipping from Autogeek, I still order here every year, want it or not

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Have you ever ordered (or tried to) from Canadian distributors? There are maybe 10 of them here in Canada. Here is the lowdown on what to expect...

Most of them only carry a few brands. So if you are like me and like to order from several brands depending on the product (Meguiars, CarPro, Optimum, etc) then it's almost impossible to order everything from a single place, so you end up paying shipping two or three times from having to place many orders.

Second, most of the distributors have very limited offering in the brands they carry. Just to give you an example, it is almost impossible to find common products like Meguiars APC, Super Degreaser, or Express Spray Wax here in Canada. This is true for most brands, they may carry some of the products but most will not be avaialble.

Third, pretty much all of the time, the popular items will be out of stock. I don't know how many times during the last 4 years I have tried to place an order with E-shine (largest Canadian distributor and Autogeek reseller) just to find at least half of what I need is out of stock. Granted I usually place my orders in March and April in preparation for the busy season, so it might be a timing thing... but it's still very frustrating.

This year I have found some resellers that carry a few items I like, at a reasonable price, but they still suffer from point 1, 2 and 3. So despite the expensive shipping from Autogeek, I still order here every year, want it or not
    Damn. The two things that come to mind after reading this are:

1) MOVE!!!!!!

2) What a business opportunity.........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Likes GEM65, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledger64 View Post
    You should be happy Toronto beat the Bruins last night... Sorry to hear that you aren't happy with the CS but I do have to disagree. I have had a few mishaps with orders and everyone at autogeek bent over backwards to correct things.
    Yeah, I want to Toronto to beat the Bruins so my Lightning can whip up on them, bring on the Maple Leafs.

Sounds like Canada needs some serious help when it comes to home grown detailing suppliers.

Personally, I think your rant leaves a lot to be desired.

Maybe AG should just quit shipping internationally, that would fix the issues.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I could never live there.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Damn. The two things that come to mind after reading this are:

1) MOVE!!!!!!

2) What a business opportunity.........
    Well,

1) Don't want to live in the USA. Well, I would love to live in Hawaii but I can't afford it LOL

2) There is very likelly not enough demand for a quality store like Autogeek, if there was some of those Canadian stores would carry more products and keep them on inventory.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yah, I basically have to order from 3 different Canadian dealers in order to get the products I need. Plus there is usually a min of $150 min to get free ship in Canada. Products are either out of stock, do not carry all the stuff I want. Still better, then the service from AG. At least orders are not messed up .

9. Dislikes custmsprty disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a shame that your order was missing something. There are people involved, and people make mistakes. Ten or so orders from AG (maybe 20?) and all have been fine. I think that's the experience most of us have had. So I think yours is exceptional. Can't really tell if you're more upset that they made a mistake or didn't give you an apology.

I get that having to to the border to get your stuff is a pain (if I read that correctly). But given that it was a mistake your reaction seems overblown. My orders from Amazon are screwed up about 5% of the time, maybe more. I email, and the fix it. If your expectation is that every online order is going to be perfect, you're going to be disappointed.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cartoys View Post
    Yah, I basically have to order from 3 different Canadian dealers in order to get the products I need. Plus there is usually a min of $150 min to get free ship in Canada. Products are either out of stock, do not carry all the stuff I want. Still better, then the service from AG. At least orders are not messed up .
    I agree that getting an order messed up is annoying. I have been ordering 2 to 4 times per year for the last 6 years from Autogeek and never had an issue. Once a container broke during the shipping and AG refunded me the product even if it was not their fault. An other time I was really disapointed by a product and after sharing my thoughts about it on the forum AG reached out to me and issued a refund. So far I would say they have always gone above and beyond what I was expecting in terms of service. I know AG has been sold, maybe things have changed... but I have yet to experience it.

Post Thanks / Like

Eshine, autoobsessed, and carzilla. Carzilla in Alberta seems to keep the most stock, I get my mckee 37 products from them. If I need something they don't list, I contact Chris and ask them to order in for me if I need to.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12