autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

First Time Autogeek Order - Major Issues

I post this only to share that there are some opportunities for improvement with AutoGeek.

I have been on this site for almost a year learning from all of the knowledge contained on the site and the many forum members. I decided to place my first order a few weeks back for purchasing my first polisher, a bunch of pads, backing plates, etc... a roughly $300 order.

One of the line items on my order was a 12 pack of Lake Country 5.5" Flat pads. When I received my order, they sent me a 12 pack of Lake Country 5.5" CCS pads instead. I figured this to be an honest mistake and contacted customer service via email. They were pretty prompt in responding and said they would ship out the correct pads along with a pre-paid return shipping label for the CCS pads.

When I received the replacement pads, they had sent me a 12 pack of Lake Country 3.5" Flat pads and did not include the pre-paid shipping label.... Hmmm.... So I contacted customer service via the phone. The end result is they are sending me another package with hopefully the correct pads I ordered and the needed pre-paid return shipping label.

Aside from the obvious errors in picking the order and shipping the right parts, there are a couple other things I'd like to offer. First, the customer service rep I spoke to on the phone was fine, but he came across like some kind of "dude". Wasn't very professional or empathetic. I felt like I was calling a warehouse and interrupted someone from eating their lunch. The other odd thing about this is that I was originally trying to find the LC 3.5" flat pads to buy in addition to the 5.5" pads for the initial order. However, you literally cannot find them on the site and I gave up and ordered Buff and Shine 4" pads instead. I find it funny that they somehow sent me those 3.5" flat pads. So does anyone have a link to where the 3.5" LC flat pads are on the store?

I'm not ranting, but this is definitely not a good start for a first time customer. Hopefully the in-transit package resolves this for good!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Time Autogeek Order - Major Issues

You’re right, I can’t find the 3.5” Flat Foam Pads anywhere on the site...

I can find every other kind of Lake Country pad in 3.5”, but not the flat foam pads.

Where are theyFirst Time Autogeek Order - Major Issues

I miss the old website format..

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

The pickers are either new and need training or need a talking to, seems like picking the wrong stock is common there judging by a few posts.

4. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea my last 2 orders have had issues picking the wrong items. They've taken care of it both times but still unusual, haven't had this ever happen in last 6 year of ordering from autogeek. Seems they got some new Pickers

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never had them pick the wrong items on any of my orders.First Time Autogeek Order - Major Issues

Post Thanks / Like

They were very similar products

Griots boss microfiber pads received instead of Griots boss Fast Cutting microfiber pads

Griots Black Shine aerosol received instead of Griots Black Satin aerosol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boudin View Post
    They were very similar products

Griots boss microfiber pads received instead of Griots boss Fast Cutting microfiber pads

Griots Black Shine aerosol received instead of Griots Black Satin aerosol.

Man I didn't even know they made satin aerosol...I just used black shine aerosol yesterday it's a little too much. On topic the only problem I've ever had with ag was shipping damage and it was handled immediately.

Post Thanks / Like

These are the 3.5 Lake Coutry pads I've purchased in the past from AG. I actually like the B & S 4" pads better and I got a 3.5" backing plate.

Lake Country Beveled Edge 3.5 Inch Pad Pack
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rrthomas78 View Post
    Man I didn't even know they made satin aerosol...I just used black shine aerosol yesterday it's a little too much. On topic the only problem I've ever had with ag was shipping damage and it was handled immediately.
    The black Satin is great, it drys to the touch and and can still add layers if you want more gloss. Black Shine is tricky, can very easily over apply it, but it does give a high level of gloss I haven't seen from anything else.

I find you have to apply it in garage/shop. Or when there's no wind. Also use very light small sprays, a little bit at a time, to reduce overspray and over application. Once you get the hang of it, there's no better tire shine in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    These are the 3.5 Lake Coutry pads I've purchased in the past from AG. I actually like the B & S 4" pads better and I got a 3.5" backing plate.

Lake Country Beveled Edge 3.5 Inch Pad Pack
    Sure, but that is not the page with the full line of 3.5" Flat pads. The have equivalent 3.5" flats like the 5.5" pads. I'm looking at them right now in this box. They sent me the orange, white, and black that I wanted but in 3.5" instead of 5.5". Where are these on the site???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast