autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lack of response from AG

I had placed an order and later decided I wanted something added while the sale was still going. I emailed customer service to try and have it added to my order, but was instead told it was too late and the sale had ended, but they would still honor the price if I wanted the product.

I replied saying that’s great, send it my way. I waited a week for a reply. After another 4-5 days I emailed them asking about the status, to which I got no reply. I waited a few more days and then sent them another email telling them to not send them out.

I found it very odd to get a timely response to my first email only to have them go dark on me after that.

I still order from autogeek whenever there’s a good sale going, and enjoy supporting them, but that was a very unfortunate experience with their customer service, and also the first and last time I’ve ever bothered to try and contact them.

I guess the fact I’ve not needed to contact them speaks volumes as well, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

There may be issues with emails from time to time, but one thing NO ONE ever complains about is the great service they get when they call. So pick up the phone, they are really nice people and always go out of their way to make customers happy. Think of this, back before Al Gore invented the internet, one had to call a company to place an order or get customer service!

3. Thanks custmsprty thanked for this post
    Likes custmsprty, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    There may be issues with emails from time to time, but one thing NO ONE ever complains about is the great service they get when they call. So pick up the phone, they are really nice people and always go out of their way to make customers happy. Think of this, back before Al Gore invented the internet, one had to call a company to place an order or get customer service!
    I appreciate your sarcasm but if you read some of the earlier posts you will see that I'm not the only one that has never had anybody answer when I call.

I'm not trying to bash Autogeek as a whole, and it's not a personal attack on the great people that work there - it's meant to be constructive criticism to help them improve an already great company!

To take a page from your book, think of this - before everybody was worried about hurting someone's feelings businesses could actually be given tips on how to improve, such as "If you provide a customer service email you should answer it" Lack of response from AG

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I too have recently become frustrated with the total lack of response from Autogeek. I recently made 2 attempts at messaging them to get some questions answered and have since been completely ignored. So frustrating!

7. Likes VETLAG72 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

for future reference in this thread, here's some contact info below which will get an immediate response...

call us toll free at 1-800-869-3011 from 9 am-6:00 pm EST, Monday-Friday, and 9 am – 4 pm on Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    for future reference in this thread, here's some contact info below which will get an immediate response...

call us toll free at 1-800-869-3011 from 9 am-6:00 pm EST, Monday-Friday, and 9 am – 4 pm on Saturday.
    Hello "Visitor" and thank you for your assistance. Just a thought, could we post your message including the 1-800 number as a "Sticky" to be permanently posted at the top of this forum as there does seem to be a fair amount of disappointed posts regarding customer service.

A single posting (as it is posted here) will be fairly quickly lost as other posts will cause it to be pushed further down the historical list.

Thank you kindly again for getting involved and caring enough to help resolve this issue!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Personally if I've had to contact AG I just call. I get someone right away and my issue/request is taken care of.
    This is the "trick" folks.... talk to a human! It does work with maybe 5 minutes additional investment. You would simply save the time complaining on a forum and get the real problem solved. I called one time a few months back and they swapped out a line item with another one. It is possible, indeed.

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    This is the "trick" folks.... talk to a human! It does work with maybe 5 minutes additional investment. You would simply save the time complaining on a forum and get the real problem solved. I called one time a few months back and they swapped out a line item with another one. It is possible, indeed.
    I completely agree with the above. However, that being said there are 2 core fundamentals to to any customer service experience and they are:
    1. Responsiveness
    2. Professionalism

I'm sure some of the people airing their concerns here ultimately had their issues resolved, perhaps by telephone.

There is absolutely no legitimate reason for completely ignoring a customers inquiry, no matter the medium used, (email, written letter, telephone, etc.).....none! I think that's what most here were venting about.

No doubt, the impression the customer receives is indeed one of frustration and confusion and an overall poor experience.
    I am absolutely positive that Autogeek does not intend for that to be the case. They must however, do a better job at prioritizing this aspect of the business.

For the record, after I made my initial posting on this matter, I was promptly contacted by a Customer Service representative and am expecting resolution shortly.

13. Likes VETLAG72 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Pilot View Post
    I completely agree with the above. However, that being said there are 2 core fundamentals to to any customer service experience and they are:
    1. Responsiveness
    2. Professionalism

I'm sure some of the people airing their concerns here ultimately had their issues resolved, perhaps by telephone.

There is absolutely no legitimate reason for completely ignoring a customers inquiry, no matter the medium used, (email, written letter, telephone, etc.).....none! I think that's what most here were venting about.

No doubt, the impression the customer receives is indeed one of frustration and confusion and an overall poor experience.
    I am absolutely positive that Autogeek does not intend for that to be the case. They must however, do a better job at prioritizing this aspect of the business.

For the record, after I made my initial posting on this matter, I was promptly contacted by a Customer Service representative and am expecting resolution shortly.
    I completely agree with your assessment. I have actually had 3 bad dealing with their customer service. All 3 were eventually taken care of satisfactorily, but no real apology! As for the telephone number - 2 of the times I had issues included ignored phone messages as well.

I'm not trying to bad talk them, just pointing out the same thing I have in the past - They have a great business, but they must vastly improve their customer service if they want to last... I have actually started buying many of my items elsewhere unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    ^^This^^

In a perfect world, all cyber communications would be instant. But, nothing is perfect. AG is expanding, but nowhere near the speed of it's growing customer base.

I see this as a great thing in the form of many new members joining the forum. (And most likely thousands of lurkers we will never see :/ )

AG is hardly the Mom & Pop corner store, but not IBM either. IMO, handling all the emails in a certain day would be extremely taxing at best to AG customer service, and impossible at worst.

So, try and give these guys and girls a break and pick up the phone while they continue to expand and grow.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast