autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

So does AG only publish positive reviews?

This is a little disturbing, AG. I submitted two positive reviews and one completely honest and useful negative review of a product that only had two 5 star reviews. I bought the product in part because of those reviews, and I feel it's important for people considering the purchase of the product to know what they are getting in to. I also emailed you about the product and got a pretty unsatisfactory reply.

The positive reviews are live, and the negative review is not. What gives?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: So does AG only publish positive reviews?

We like to follow up on product reviews with 3 stars or less as sometimes its can be an application issue. I will look into your review and send you a pm.

Check out the AutoGeek Page on Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah nobody has followed up. And nobody replied to my email request either.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

AG you are better than this. Let the bad reviews through. The good products will shine through. Otherwise you will force us to go to other sites for reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m curious, which product did you give the negative review?

Post Thanks / Like

Griots Leather Spray. I even said it functions well, but the smell is horrendous. I actually contacted AG and they told me to use a conditioner afterwards to eliminate the smell, which totally defeats the purpose of a all in one product. Then they kinda blew me off. Bummer. Love the site but I'm not experiencing the great customer service that everyone talks about.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

A product's scent/smell is very subjective, and a tough thing to review. I agree that ALL reviews should be posted, but perhaps you overreacted by submitting a negative review based on scent alone?

I feel similarly about Meg's D115 wash & wax. It has a strong scent which fills my whole garage and lingers for hours. I can't stand it and will never use the product again. Others have posted that they like the scent of D115 and are quite happy with it. Different strokes for different folks I guess, but it made me realize that everyone perceives smell/scent differently.

Regarding reviews, I also submitted a negative review over on ACC last year regarding Polish Angel's Venice Leather Brush. The thing shed small bristles all over my seats and was a real PITA to clean up after. I was p.o.'d and sent in a pretty scathing review. It was never posted and I never received any type of response. I also never received the 5 rewards points they offer at Autopia for submitting a review. Had the same feelings you are experiencing right now, but the best thing I did is to take a deep breath and just let it go.

For the record, the brush was the ONLY Polish Angel product I have been disappointed with. I think you will find the same thing with Griots products.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

8. Likes RSW liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    A product's scent/smell is very subjective, and a tough thing to review. I agree that ALL reviews should be posted, but perhaps you overreacted by submitting a negative review based on scent alone?

I feel similarly about Meg's D115 wash & wax. It has a strong scent which fills my whole garage and lingers for hours. I can't stand it and will never use the product again. Others have posted that they like the scent of D115 and are quite happy with it. Different strokes for different folks I guess, but it made me realize that everyone perceives smell/scent differently.

Regarding reviews, I also submitted a negative review over on ACC last year regarding Polish Angel's Venice Leather Brush. The thing shed small bristles all over my seats and was a real PITA to clean up after. I was p.o.'d and sent in a pretty scathing review. It was never posted and I never received any type of response. I also never received the 5 rewards points they offer at Autopia for submitting a review. Had the same feelings you are experiencing right now, but the best thing I did is to take a deep breath and just let it go.

For the record, the brush was the ONLY Polish Angel product I have been disappointed with. I think you will find the same thing with Griots products.

to add to your point, I love the smell of D115 so there you go

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdgamble View Post
    This is a little disturbing, AG. I submitted two positive reviews and one completely honest and useful negative review of a product that only had two 5 star reviews. I bought the product in part because of those reviews, and I feel it's important for people considering the purchase of the product to know what they are getting in to. I also emailed you about the product and got a pretty unsatisfactory reply.

The positive reviews are live, and the negative review is not. What gives?

This has been widely discussed by many off the the forum and as a result most in the know dont take these reviews seriously as a result of the one sidedness.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post

Totally agree with everything said and definitely a lesson learned. I have several Griots products that I like, so this is the anomaly. It's more that I don't like the practice. It seems out of character in comparison to what Mike does for the company, which is awesome. It's $10 wasted... not a big deal and nothing in comparison to what I have gained from AG.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast