autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

TOU question based on the expanding PBMG empire

I'm only asking this question because I want to be a courteous guest here on the AG forums. Our hosts have established TOU's and I respect those guidelines, but the recent expansion of the PBMG business has created situations that have me scratching my head.

Example: This weekend I received a product I ordered off Amazon which was shipped/sold by PBMG. When the product arrived, it was typical PBMG packaging. The invoice was labeled with something like "PBMG Amazon Storefront" which to me distinguishes it from AG, Autopia, or other brand specific storefronts they operate on line. However, this box also included the standard, "Thank you for ordering from Autogeek Online" flyer we all get when ordering products here. What I found interesting is I did not order the product from Autogeek, nor is it sold on Autogeek's web site. It is sold at Autopia's store.

Where do we draw the line these days? PBMG wins in the end, but I don't want to violate the TOU's by discussing a product not specifically sold here...even if the packaging says otherwise!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TOU question based on the expanding PBMG empire

I wouldn't think it would matter if the product ultimately came from one of PBMG's entities.

Post Thanks / Like

The PMBG group has many marketing channels. There are some that always want to buy from Amazon but why miss a possible sale. Maybe it was a subtle push to buying at AOL if they make more money selling from AOL.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I've bought off Amazon from PBMG and from Robert McKee Enterprises. It all ships from AG fulfillment. Just a different sales channel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    The PMBG group has many marketing channels. There are some that always want to buy from Amazon but why miss a possible sale. Maybe it was a subtle push to buying at AOL if they make more money selling from AOL.
    I typically buy everything here when the sales hit and will in the future, but I was dangerously low on product, the product I wanted to try isn't sold on AG, and I was in the middle of an Amazon order at the time. Everything aligned, so I went for it.

I understand the need for multiple storefronts, but I just wish larger ones, i.e. AG/Autopia/Amazon, would stock common inventory, so I could go to one place for everything.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog