autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike Phillips’ The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine

Long time lurker and recent forum member here. I am an engineer by trade and car enthusiast by hobby.

First of all, Buy This Book!!! ...if you already haven't. It explains a lot in good detail with plenty of photos to illustrate those details.

I recently started giving serious attention to our four vehicles and the paint finishes in particular. One is garaged and rarely driven, the other three vehicles are parked outside and driven frequently. NorCal weather is mild and temperatures are moderate year-round.

I recently purchased and downloaded Mike Phillips' book and couldn't be more pleased. As an engineer with some material science, chemistry and chemical engineering coursework I am most attracted to the science behind automotive paints and finishes. This book gives and excellent technical description of what I've pondered without being overly technical or complicated. It bridges the gap between anecdotal, real-world experience of detailing vs some of the scientific papers I've read from the Chemical and Material Science communities with respect to automotive finishes and chemicals. For me, it fills in many gaps that I've been pondering for years.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mike Phillips’ The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine

I totally agree. Mike's book, however, has been the most expensive free gift I have ever received. It came with my Flex polisher package and introduced me into a whole world of products that I could not live without. I often refer back to it and realize there is yet another product I need. This forum isn't much better. I have gotten a tremendous education that has helped me make my car's paint look awesome, but I see new products every day that just might be better than the ones I already have.

Thank you Mike Phillips for giving me this new really fun hobby (obsession) I could not be happier.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree as well. We have become a serious force in the market in the last 4 years. Mikes book in the beginning was the best thing I did. Thanks Mike if you see this.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are not sure about buying the book there is a preview sample of the first nine pages of the book here.

The book's link is here.