autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just curious why the high shipping prices?

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post
    Just wondering why AG charges so much for shipping ?? Over the weekend I purchase two small bottles of coatings and was charged $19.00 to ship to New England via ground lol.

Maybe it's me but that seems pretty high to ship a small pkg weighing less than a pound.

Does this seem normal? Thanks
    Just checked on Amazon, all autogeek listings on Amazon are free shipping or $3.00 at most... Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

They have done many more sales and low or free shipping lately. Just yesterday autopia was 4.18 shipping. Better than 20 or even 11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Enterprise; Competition; Free Will...
    and yet there is still unhappiness?!?!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Enterprise; Competition; Free Will...
    and yet there is still unhappiness?!?!

Bob
    Right on! Always a lot of complaints but AG must be doing something right: the complainers are repeat customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    The gold standard discussion is just as opinionated as any best wax or sealant discussion.
    Eh...no. Politicians need fiat money to do what they are excellent at: destroy value. Gold protects property rights: statists hate that.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    When did you email, we answer every email we receive daily, so if you can please tell me when you emailed and with what email address so I can search it in the system. Thank you
    I have also sent a few questions to you from your online store but no reply from you. Tried emailing and yes there was a reply, BUT it's those automated reply. The same reply in every returned emails to every different questions I asked. Very frustrating indeed. So let me ask the question here, is the 1 liter CarPro Reload Spray Sealant using the new formula as the 500ml packaging? Let's see if they reply.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gen2 View Post
    I have also sent a few questions to you from your online store but no reply from you. Tried emailing and yes there was a reply, BUT it's those automated reply. The same reply in every returned emails to every different questions I asked. Very frustrating indeed. So let me ask the question here, is the 1 liter CarPro Reload Spray Sealant using the new formula as the 500ml packaging? Let's see if they reply.
    They didn't get back to me until I posted this thread.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Just put an order through again for some towels and a few smaller pads I forgot to order and shipping this time was only 5 bucks.

So I have no doubt in my mind autogeek purposely inflated my shipping on the order from last week. Probably because I used the %15 Easter code and they wanted to make some money back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post
    Just put an order through again for some towels and a few smaller pads I forgot to order and shipping this time was only 5 bucks.

So I have no doubt in my mind autogeek purposely inflated my shipping on the order from last week. Probably because I used the %15 Easter code and they wanted to make some money back.
    I'm not going to defend the shipping costs here, as they are based on order value and not size/weight (although now that I think about it...that may make sense from an insurance standpoint); however, your suggestion that there was some "bait and switch" going on is just not correct, undoubtedly your second order simply occurred at a time when a "$5 flat rate shipping/no coupon code required" sale was going on. It's just the way it is...some sales will be a percentage off, some sales will be a shipping promotion, some sales will be a combination of both.

I remember when I used to follow the Dell sales when I wanted to buy a new computer. They would move the same discount amount around every week (let's for the sake of argument call it $50); one week they would give you $50 off the order, the next they would give you a free printer (worth $50), the next week they would give you a free memory upgrade (worth $50), the next it would be a free piece of software (worth $50)...so you just had to time it to the $50 that appealed to you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123