autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Connolly Leather Cleaner separated, doesn't want to reblend.....help

Last summer, I bought a bottle of Connolly Leather Cleaner and a tub of Connolly Hide Food. I took it out of the box and added it to me collection of detailing products sitting in very organized milk crates on my shelf, 10 crates total, not including 4 bins of pads and another 2 bins of micro fiber towels, (for full disclosure, one crate holds my Rupes 21, my Flex 3401 and my Porter Cable 7424 xp). I had it on the shelf, along with way too much detailing product for one enthusiast to have. I decided to break it out last night and clean and treat the leather seats in one of our cars. I opened the brand new bottle of Connolly Leather Cleaner and it was separated. I shook, stirred and mixed, all to no avail. The product didn't want reblend. Any ideas? I called Autogeek Customer Service. I was greeted by a very friendly sales person. He offered to sell me another bottle at the current sales price. He told me that I had had it too long for any exchange, even though it was a brand new bottle (surprising since my past experiences with Autogeek customer service, although very infrequent, had been incredible). Any ideas at remixing the Connolly leather cleaner? It isn't a huge expense, but $20 is $20, and I really hate to throw away a brand new bottle of product. Thanks Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Connolly Leather Cleaner separated, doesn't want to reblend.....help

Bump!

Post Thanks / Like

This is totally off the wall but Xylene might work.

Take a small sample and put in mixing bowl.

Put a small amount of Xylene and wisk it (mixing thingy).

If it works on the sample try on the bottle.

I used this on some old Poli-Seal and it still is mixed.
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Thx. I will check that out. Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Any manufacturing date on the bottle?
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Chunk it. I am looking for a good leather cleaner and conditioner and was interested in Connolly. I have to assume if it was originally made to clean and condition the interior of a Rolls Royce it must be top notch...but I was reading on saddler.co.uk and it stated to keep product at room temperature, and could not take frost. Also, AG states to store product at room temperature or it will liquefy and separate. Well, this leaves me out.
    Ron

Edited: BTW, from reading multiple reviews on Connolly Hide it seems to be a very good conditioner and I may would consider purchasing it and keeping it inside. I do care about my leather. I just do not like a shiny leather. so if you find a product you are happy with that does not leave a shiny look to it please chime back.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lj993 View Post
    Last summer, I bought a bottle of Connolly Leather Cleaner and a tub of Connolly Hide Food. I took it out of the box and added it to me collection of detailing products sitting in very organized milk crates on my shelf, 10 crates total, not including 4 bins of pads and another 2 bins of micro fiber towels, (for full disclosure, one crate holds my Rupes 21, my Flex 3401 and my Porter Cable 7424 xp). I had it on the shelf, along with way too much detailing product for one enthusiast to have. I decided to break it out last night and clean and treat the leather seats in one of our cars. I opened the brand new bottle of Connolly Leather Cleaner and it was separated. I shook, stirred and mixed, all to no avail. The product didn't want reblend. Any ideas? I called Autogeek Customer Service. I was greeted by a very friendly sales person. He offered to sell me another bottle at the current sales price. He told me that I had had it too long for any exchange, even though it was a brand new bottle (surprising since my past experiences with Autogeek customer service, although very infrequent, had been incredible). Any ideas at remixing the Connolly leather cleaner? It isn't a huge expense, but $20 is $20, and I really hate to throw away a brand new bottle of product. Thanks Phil
    I know it's a bit late for this thread but I recently purchased a couple of bottles of Connolly Leather Cleaner which came already separated due to cold weather. All I did was to stick the bottle in a pan with Hot Water for approximately 30-45 minutes and then shook well. The product came together perfectly! I am now storing it indoors for my next use. Hope this helps.

For Clarification: I heated the water in the pan, took it off of the stove, and then stuck the bottle in the pan.
    Last edited by rrbermea; 01-14-2019 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Clarification

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone still have this? Just wanted to make sure mine is still good. Looks like like clear dish soap but not as thick. Is this correct?

Thanks in advanced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk