autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't stop all these subscription emails?? HELP

This is driving me nuts - I get multiple emails every single day about old threads that I am "subscribed" to. I have already gone in my settings and asked that I don't receive emails and I have unsubscribed from ALL of my previous threads. Am I missing something else here? These emails have got to stop.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can't stop all these subscription emails?? HELP

There was another thread about this and people suggested that you use an email filter to route them to spam.

I unsubscribed about a month ago, the problem seems to be that these notifications are stuck in limbo somewhere for a month or so, so I'm hoping that mine will stop shortly.

Post Thanks / Like

Well thanks for the heads up - glad I am not the only one. AG needs to get that figured out - its really obnoxious. I will look into directing them to my Spam folder.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know for sure but I believe Setec is right. I think this forum has so much activity that there is so much email trying to be sent out the mail server is just severely log jammed and they are just being delayed by multiple weeks before you get the notification. If not the mail server itself regardless it seems to be a big delay somewhere in the process. Eventually, if you turn off the subscribe notifications, you should stop getting them once all of your notifications have been sent. At least they did for me. I didn't have to filter them. Eventually I did stop getting them by unsubscribing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendDIY View Post
    I don't know for sure but I believe Setec is right. I think this forum has so much activity that there is so much email trying to be sent out the mail server is just severely logged jam and they are just being delayed by multiple weeks before you get the notification.
    Yeah, thanks, but that's not it. The email notification was fine until they upgraded the software back 6 months ago or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the fix. All of this pertains to the desktop version of the forum

-Go to "Notifications" up in the corner and click on your "Inbox"

-From there click on "Subscriptions" on the left

-From here you can uncheck the treads you don't want to receive notifications for

-Towards the bottom of the page click on the drop down Selected Threads

- From here you can delete a subscription or set it to Through My Control Panel Only and click Go

-Enjoy not receiving notifications for any threads

The same thing can be done with PM notifications while in the notifications set up

-Click on General Settings on the left

-Where it says "Email Notification of New Private Messages:" click on "Don't Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages"

-Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page

I stopped receiving notifications after I did all of this

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, well, none of that worked for me when I did it a month ago. I actually still get the instant PM notification, so I left that alone.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here- I unsubscribed from EVERYTHING and I still got a ton of old notifications.
    I had to filter all Autogeek emails to the trash. I still have this set up. Works great, but sad I had to do it.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon