autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Not at all happy with Autogeek, very disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by 57BORNTORUN View Post
    What is this...gang up on the GEEK week.I recently had to replace or have fixed a $1700.00 TV and a $2300.00 frig. Both just weeks out of extended warranties. One was due to a lighting strike to my house.Due to my insurance deductible expenses are out-of-pocket.
    I feel your pain brother!

Second Samsung washer, thankfully first one was covered by Geeksqud extedned warranty (monet well invested) replaced for new after second fix attempt. Had a microwave go out the week after extended warranty expired. S.O.L.

PS Don't buy a Samsung front loader, the basket balance breaks after a couple years, it happened on both of them.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TK70 View Post
    I am truly sorry if I offended anyone. I thought this was the correct forum to voice an opinion, based on this forum description:

- Forum: Customer Comments
    - Tell us what you think about the products you're using or about Autogeek. Your opinions count!

Based on that description, it seemed like Autogeek was interested in my opinion. And this was simply my opinion based on my experience. As I said, I wasn't sure where or how to get feedback to them. Evidently this wasn't the place to do it.

As I was just told in a private message by one of the mods - you are only allowed to "Tell us what you think about the products you're using or about Autogeek" if you have something positive to say. Anything negative is considered bashing and a violation of RULE #4.

As for the "Your opinions count!" - again only if it is as something positive. Again Rule #4

See the FAQ if you have any questions (or an independent thought.)

P.S. @custmsprty - It is not turning into a b**** - just people using a section dedicated to what we thought was an open venue for Customer Comments section.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Sux man. I feel your pain...But the warranty is the warranty... Maybe they could have taken care of you, but you can't really bash them for sticking with the warranty as stated.
    And on this point, while as I consumer I may not like it, I agree with AG - the warranty is the warranty.

For the OP - Check with your credit card company. Mine automatically doubles the warranty on all purchases up to an additional 2 years. They might be able to help you. Good Luck!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Not at all happy with Autogeek, very disappointed

Thanks for all the feedback. You guys are absolutely right. In today's consumer market, I've gotten used to retailers, big box or on-line, having some "wiggle room" in their policies. Typically if you follow-up a purchase of a bad product with a reasonable set of extenuating circumstances they will flex their return policies a bit. However, I was confusing "policy" with "warranty" in this case. The first one is flexible, the second is not. My bad.

So you are right. A warranty is a warranty. I have no right to right to challenge that. I apologize to Autogeek and anyone else I've upset.

Moderator - Feel free to clean up the subject line or delete this thread entirely if that is the appropriate thing to do. Case closed. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I feel your pain brother!

Second Samsung washer, thankfully first one was covered by Geeksqud extedned warranty (monet well invested) replaced for new after second fix attempt. Had a microwave go out the week after extended warranty expired. S.O.L.

PS Don't buy a Samsung front loader, the basket balance breaks after a couple years, it happened on both of them.
    I just got a notice in the mail that there is a class action lawsuit against various front loading washing machines manufacturer's. Samsung, Whirlpool, Maytag and a few others were named. We have had LG for about 8 yrs now.
    Just an FYI...

Regards,
    Ron A.

Post Thanks / Like

Question to the OP....just out of curiosity, did you contact the manufacturer direct? I doubt that you would get any different response or outcome, but it would be worth a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RonAlv View Post
    I just got a notice in the mail that there is a class action lawsuit against various front loading washing machines manufacturer's. Samsung, Whirlpool, Maytag and a few others were named. We have had LG for about 8 yrs now.
    Just an FYI...

Regards,
    Ron A.
    I'll look into that. I had two Samsung refrigerators in the past 10-12 years, they suck too. I replaced it last year with an LG and much to my surprise it was made in China

I remember growing up and maybe we had two refrigerators in 18 years. Same with the washing machines.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Question to the OP....just out of curiosity, did you contact the manufacturer direct? I doubt that you would get any different response or outcome, but it would be worth a try.
    I'm 99.9% sure these were made by Shop Vac as I have on too.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57BORNTORUN View Post
    What is this...gang up on the GEEK week.I recently had to replace or have fixed a $1700.00 TV and a $2300.00 frig. Both just weeks out of extended warranties. One was due to a lighting strike to my house.Due to my insurance deductible expenses are out-of-pocket.
    Yup. Happens like clockwork. The new washing machine I bought in '14 stopped spinning just after the 16 month warranty. So...... It was turn machine on it's back, remove pump/motor, and found the clutch couplers cracked/disengaged. Ordered new, and running good again.

What I did NOT do was call GE or the seller and ##### about it. Do I think the parts should have failed so soon? Hell no. But it's probably (certainly) a way for them to ensure that they have plenty of service calls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12