autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Worst Service of my life

I am so unhappy and shocked by autogeek currently. I bought a griots g15 earlier in the year prior to the day I made a purchase i called many times asking about multiple different units. When I asked about the griots i specifically asked if the warranty and 100% guarntee that griots offers would be the same though autogeek, I was told absolutely since ag is a distributor everything carries over no worries. Well I ended up geting the griots g15 on ag because they threw in a bottle of polish on top of the griots package they offered online. Fast forward to today and I call griots ask about how to get my 100% guarntee honored since I am not happy with the polisher, I have kept it to this point thinking it was new to me and I could be doing something wrong but I flat out do not care for the griots and think another machine is far superior. Griots states they could not offer my money back due to me buying it through ag but did offer to give me a gift card in my full amount of purchase if I would rather buy products and etc. they said call ag since they collected the money originally they should be able to help. I give ag a call explain the current situation and the answer given is our return policy is 30 days it's online sorry no can do. I told them I was told they honored griots guarntees and warranties prior to my purchasing the unit and was told that sorry nothing they can do. I ask for a manager thinking maybe they think I want my money back I just prefer a different machine that ag carries as well and would be plenty happy to swap it out and pay my return shipping on the griots. The answer given was yes I was told by my employee the situation prior to speaking with you and our policy is online and that he has faith his employees would never agree that they had the same guarntees as griots. My problem is i was told they did honor it and now they flat out refuse to do anything for me, they could offer to contact griots and say hey your product has my customer unhappy lets work this out so all parties involoved are happy but this didn't happen. I asked the manager why griots would take a polisher from me back and give me a gift card for the value i paid and not take the same polisher back from a massive company that is a authorized distributer for them. I promise ag makes a bunch of sales for griots and I just don't see how if they called griots would tell them to get lost. So I am out over 400 hard earned dollars at this point with a machine I do not care for. I would have bought it direct from griots if I new the 180 day guarntee wouldn't be honored like I was told. So story is buy elsewhere to get you warranty and guarantee from the manufacturer ag does not honor their word. I will take my money elsewhere for all my needs at this point. Im in the market for a long neck i bird as well but ag won't get my business ever again.

Post Thanks / Like

Worst Service of my life

Well this this is a "forum", I'll give you my thoughts on this one....

1. Griots offers 180 day satisfaction guarantee - not just a "defect" guarantee. It is Griots job to replace the product - not the vendors. I don't see how AG should be involved, but I understand that is was Griots told you to do.

2. Just thinking out loud.... But I don't understand why ANYONE would pick these machines over A Rupes BigFoot MK2. You've seen Todd's and Dylan's posts. You know Rupes invented this machine and Griots reversed engineered it. What do you save? $20?

3. Part of me thinks it's just your own fault for buying the machine. There is nothing wrong with it, and I'm sure it's a fine machine that can correct paint well. It's prolly not as good as a Rupes, but neither is my original PC and that works just fine.

4. The way I see it your beef should be with Griots...While I'm 100% sure you will get your money back because of this post, if a company is going to offer a guarantee like that THEY need to honor it, not refer you to the vendor.

This crap happens all the time at my job. Some other "place" told "someone" we will do this, that, and the other thing at MY place of business....

Then people get PO'd at US when they find out we don't do that - instead of getting mad at whomever told them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worst Service of my life

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

1. Griots offers 180 day satisfaction guarantee - not just a "defect" guarantee. It is Griots job to replace the product - not the vendors. I don't see how AG should be involved, but I understand that is was Griots told you to do.

2. Just thinking out loud.... But I don't understand why ANYONE would pick these machines over A Rupes BigFoot MK2. You've seen Todd's and Dylan's posts. You know Rupes invented this machine and Griots reversed engineered it. What do you save? $20?

3. Part of me thinks it's just your own fault for buying the machine. There is nothing wrong with it, and I'm sure it's a fine machine that can correct paint well. It's prolly not as good as a Rupes, but neither is my original PC and that works just fine.

4. The way I see it your beef should be with Griots...While I'm 100% sure you will get your money back because of this post, if a company is going to offer a guarantee like that THEY need to honor it, not refer you to the vendor.

This crap happens all the time at my job. Some other "place" told "someone" we will do this, that, and the other thing at MY place of business....

Then people get PO'd at US when they find out we don't do that - instead of getting mad at whomever told them.
    Kind of a gray area. If Griot is offering a guarantee like Costco then it should be purchased through Griot. How can Griot refund the customer when AG has the money? Warranty on mechanical things should not be a problem as AG will just get a credit from Griot. AG needs to make it clear on what they will cover.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

I agree griots is ultimately responsible here however ag got the money not griots. Ag should honor the guarantee to me and griots should swap my unit for a brand new one for a so they can in turn sell it. I was the customer of ag when you become a distribution point for a company you back that product. My main issue is a ag rep told me it would be covered no worries and now I'm getting the short end of the stick. Also companies can still make a good machine that is similar with a warranty and guarantee like I was told I was getting I didn't worry about trying the griots out. Griots customer service was pretty good today but I don't blame them for not giving me money back they never had my credit card transaction ag did. It's just poor business and I feel like I was lied to and ag knows they are a huge company and my lack of business won't hurt them. But I will make sure nobody I know will waste their money or time here after being treated so badly. I won't get my money back from ag they made that very clear today. In fact they said if I was within their 30 day return period I couldn't return it due to me taking it out of the box.. totally silly response to my situation. Mistakes happen and we all might agree to something we misunderstood but if you in fact agree to something you should back your word. I ate 100 last week on a detail due to me miss typing a price in a email but I didn't tell my customer sorry pal cough it up, I said I am sorry I made a error I will honor it this time but next time it will be a different amount. Cus timer thanked me and gave me a 50 tip to make it right, that's how customer service is meant to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detailsbydaniel View Post
    I agree griots is ultimately responsible here however ag got the money not griots. Ag should honor the guarantee to me and griots should swap my unit for a brand new one for a so they can in turn sell it. I was the customer of ag when you become a distribution point for a company you back that product. My main issue is a ag rep told me it would be covered no worries and now I'm getting the short end of the stick. Also companies can still make a good machine that is similar with a warranty and guarantee like I was told I was getting I didn't worry about trying the griots out. Griots customer service was pretty good today but I don't blame them for not giving me money back they never had my credit card transaction ag did. It's just poor business and I feel like I was lied to and ag knows they are a huge company and my lack of business won't hurt them. But I will make sure nobody I know will waste their money or time here after being treated so badly. I won't get my money back from ag they made that very clear today. In fact they said if I was within their 30 day return period I couldn't return it due to me taking it out of the box.. totally silly response to my situation. Mistakes happen and we all might agree to something we misunderstood but if you in fact agree to something you should back your word. I ate 100 last week on a detail due to me miss typing a price in a email but I didn't tell my customer sorry pal cough it up, I said I am sorry I made a error I will honor it this time but next time it will be a different amount. Cus timer thanked me and gave me a 50 tip to make it right, that's how customer service is meant to be.
    I feel your pain and maybe someone higher up at AG will help you out.
    Upgrading to a more costly machine and giving you credit for the Griot seems like something AG should consider.
    Griot should compensate AG for this transaction..just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I feel your pain and maybe someone higher up at AG will help you out.
    Upgrading to a more costly machine and giving you credit for the Griot seems like something AG should consider.
    Griot should compensate AG for this transaction..just my 2 cents.
    That's what I wanted to do even offered to pay the return shipping and was told to refer to ag return policy online which blew my mind. I got called a liar more or less and it just really ticked me off I have had better dealing with used car salesman lol

Post Thanks / Like

Now that you've vented your frustration here, there etc, do you feel better? Or are you going to keep grinding the axe?
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Now that you've vented your frustration here, there etc, do you feel better? Or are you going to keep grinding the axe?
    Not entirely sure what you mean by this but I will continue to have a passion for detailing nothing will destroy that. As far as ag being my supplier at this point that's extremely doubtful along with the rest of the pbmg family. I expect better and won't settle for this kind of service. I love what Mike does in the industry and enjoy following fellow detailers and their posts.

Post Thanks / Like

Nick will have the ultimate say over this matter. Please contact him thru telephone or email. I am closing the post .....

http://www.autogeek.net/customerservice.html
    (see return and exchange policy as needed)

Scott