autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures and comments from the 2017 Detail Fest Custom Car Builders Challenge for Competition Ready TV!

Great pictures Mike and thank you for the opportunity and privilege to be a part of another episode of Competition Ready.

It was an amazing experience to work together with other pro detailers, reunite with old friends and meet new ones. Lifetime bonds and friendships are made in these kind of venues.

This year I was able to meet and work together with David Patterson and Scott Voelz from Lake Country Mfg. Couple of super nice guys always ready to share their knowledge about pad technology...good stuff!

Outstanding job as always Mike putting together and coordinating the CR teams, teaching classes, answering questions, etc, etc, etc.

I'm now convinced that Mike Phillips is not human but a MACHINE

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures and comments from the 2017 Detail Fest Custom Car Builders Challenge for Competition Ready TV!

It was an awesome event! I was amazed at the talent of detailers from across the globe that came together and worked side by side to showcase these outstanding cars and make them the best we could. I also was impressed with the latest top of the line products from Sonax. They made our jobs much easier and produced amazing results.
    Thank you to Autogeeks Mike Phillips and AJ for all their encouragement and direction. The results were amazing.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V @ LCM View Post

I would like to thank Mike and the rest of the team at Auto Geek for a great weekend at Detail Fest!

I would also like to thank all of the members of "Team Rotary" who worked on the Yellow Inferno 69' Camaro, it was a pleasure working with you.

I look forward to seeing everyone next year at Detail Fest.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for chiming in. Just so everyone knows, the 1969 Camaro, which took first place, was buffed out using ONLY the rotary polisher. The FLEX PE14-2-150 Rotary Polisher to be specific.

It came out hologram-free.

The primary reason for a hologram free finish was three things,

1: GREAT abrasive technology provided by our sponsor, SONAX.

I harp on the importance of abrasive technology on this forum, on Facebook and at all my classes. Some people listen and some don't care but it is the number one most important factor when it comes to create not only a show car finish but any quality finish.

2: GREAT foam pad technology from our sponsor Lake Country Pads

For the Camaro the team cut the paint using 5" Lake Country Hybrid Orange Cutting Pads and SONAX EX O4-O6

For the finishing step they used SONAX Perfect Finish (specifically formulated for rotary polishers) and the 6.5" Lake Country Hybrid Gold Jeweling Pads.

3: The skill of the detailers

Jeweling with a rotary buffer requires skill and the team I assembled for using only rotary buffers was chosen deliberately.

To seal the paint the team used the new coating from SONAX

SONAX CC36 Ceramic Coating

Thanks again Seth for all your hard work as well as the rest of the Camaro team and also everyone that was on this episode.

I'll add the specific tools, pads and products used for all the cars in the next few days as they all turned out GREAT!

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures Mike, thanks for posting them. It was a great honor to be selected as a detailer for this episode of Competition Ready. Thank you for this opportunity. It was good meeting so many great detailers and getting to know the faces behind the forum names. The team I was on had a blast given the challenges with the Corvair. For a small car it had its share of opportunities! I believe we would all do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks to Mike Phillips, Autogeek, Competition Ready production crew and all of the great sponsors of Detail Fest.

Regular Member David at LC Pads's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting all the great pictures Mike! I had an amazing time working with all the detailers. I want to extend a special thank you to everyone on our team also, but to Mike, AJ, and the rest of the Competition ready crew. It's a lot of work to not only finish all the cars, but also to get everything filmed, and it can make for long hours. Lake Country is proud and honored to work with everyone, and hopefully see everyone sooner than later.

On another note, Detail Fest itself was awesome too. This event couldn't be what it is without Meghan, Juan, Bobby, Andre, Brian, and the rest of the crew. I can't thank you all enough for all of your hard work and support to make detailing, and this show what it is today!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Guyb View Post
    Great pictures Mike, thanks for posting them. It was a great honor to be selected as a detailer for this episode of Competition Ready. Thank you for this opportunity. It was good meeting so many great detailers and getting to know the faces behind the forum names. The team I was on had a blast given the challenges with the Corvair. For a small car it had its share of opportunities! I believe we would all do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks to Mike Phillips, Autogeek, Competition Ready production crew and all of the great sponsors of Detail Fest.

Hi Guy,

It was great having you on the team and it was a pleasure to meet your wife at the Saturday night Meet & Greet.

See you at the May Comp Ready class! It's only about 5 weeks away and I'm working on some really cool cars for this class.

Next Competition Ready Class is May 5th, 6th and 7th 2017

Click here to sign-up or for more information

The focus of our classes is always - Hands-on training.

People learn by doing... not sitting in a chair listing to someone blather on for hours... -Mike Phillips

The next class for 2017 is May 5th, 6th and 7th

How to sign up for a class

To sign-up over the phone, call Andre to reserve your seat before the class you want to attend sells out.

1-800-869-3011 x244

You can also sign-up online

Click here to sign-up for the February Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class

Price for 3-day class: $1,795.00

Note: Our classes always sell out so once you clear your schedule, get signed up before it's too late. At this time we hold these classes three times a year.

At Competition Ready Classes you learn both production detailing and show car detailing. You learn wet sanding and so much more. We always have cool cars for the class to learn on.

You will learn to take cars that look like this....

And make them look like this.....

The Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class takes place on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

OPTIONAL - IDA Skills Validation Testing

If you want to become an IDA Skills Validated Detailer, we give the Skills Validation practical test on Monday following the three day class. You have to have already taken and passed the online Certified Detailer tests.

More information about the Skills Validation Testing here,

IDA SV Certification Testing at Autogeek

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12