autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Competition Ready Episode 7 - Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance - Doc's 1933 Rolls Royce Phantom II

Thanks for the explanations. Watching on tv, being a detailer it logically didnt make sense, but with your explanations, everything makes sense.

Besides your advice of shrinking the working space down, were there any adverse effects of using the compounds or polishes in the direct sunlight on a hot surface?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Competition Ready Episode 7 - Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance - Doc's 1933 Rolls Royce Phantom II

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    As for meeting in the RV - Newmar Motor Coaches is a sponsor of the show.
    Really?? I was sure it was some sort of tax writeoff reason. I've watched every episode, and I don't remember seeing a Newmar commercial, heard anyone mention Newmar, or even recall seeing a Newmar logo. I'll have to look at the scenes inside the motor coach and see if some sort of logo or Newmar name is visible. Maybe I just have been unobservant.

PS When I say "tax writeoff reason" I mean that in a depreciation or expensing context because it's now a "set" in a TV show. It just sounded bad when I put it that way.

Post Thanks / Like

The owner really was moved with how his car turned out, good episode!

AJ will never look at her car the same again I suspect!

Mike Phillips

[QUOTE=Jaretr1;1390749]

Thanks for the explanations.

That's what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post

Watching on tv, being a detailer it logically didnt make sense, but with your explanations, everything makes sense.
    When I first started working on TV, this would be with Bryan Fuller on Two Guys Garage, (something like 22 episodes) and Dennis Gage, (4 years with 12 episodes a year), I learned I had to take my detailer's hat off and put on my entertainment hat. TV is about entertainment. Of course it's my natural course of action to share how-to information or just is important, the "why information" that tells a person why they are doing the thing a certain way.

It's part of my evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post

Besides your advice of shrinking the working space down, were there any adverse effects of using the compounds or polishes in the direct sunlight on a hot surface?
    Yes - It was hot out and thus the paint was hot and this made anything paint related more difficult. Each team member had to physically work harder to maintain their high quality level of work. Even simple things like wiping a compound off of hot paint requires more physical work while maintaining perfect wiping technique or you could and would but towel marring back into the paint you just perfected.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffM View Post

The owner really was moved with how his car turned out, good episode!
    Doc was a real trooper. The pollen on the car was also in the air and it was agitating Doc making it hard for him to talk. That's why if you listen when he's talking his voice sounds a little hoarse, a little weak... he hung in there as the day went by and made it all the way to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffM View Post

AJ will never look at her car the same again I suspect!
    At Derick Samson's shop for Episode 5, RIDLR Award, this one,

Competition Ready Episode 5 - RIDLR AWARD - Derick Samson's 1952 Mercedes 170S

AJ told me how now whenever she's looking at cars its an automatic reflex to inspect them for swirls. At the end of taping that episode I gave her a FLEX Swirl Finder Light.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123