autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Will there be....

....a car on the show that needs paint correction? In particular, a really bad car? I ask because people who aren't on this forum ask me about this and I don't know what to say. We've seen many cars on the forum get an overhaul and its impressive, having the average Joe out there see this would really bring people in here and that's a key goal with this show for sure.

Also is there going to be a season #2?
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will there be....

Based on the very limited before shots, all of the cars needed paint correction, despite the fact they were show cars. But I get your point completely. Its a show about detailing and it seems the detailing part is not the most highlighted part of the show. So much of the limited show time is wasted on segments that add absolutely nothing to the show, while taking away from showing the detailing process, which is what the show is about.

no doubt, they are working on some amazing cars on this show, but I think there is also the potential of "helping" the average guy with a cool car get it prepped for showing, similar to what Mike already often does for thursday night projects, or cars for the detailing classes.

If there is going to be a season 2, I personally can only hope the show is more about detailing, less fluff, more substance, and if they need characters, just keep the cameras on the guys, they surely will provide entertainment.

Post Thanks / Like

Well said and very fair IMO.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This was the 40 ford we did, Last episode.

It also had holograms in the paint, all cars needed polishing.

They might look good from a far, but under the lights in such prestigious car shows, they needed to be taken to (pun intended) the Next Level!

The cars do look the same after, from a far, but up close , there is a major difference. In defect removal not necessarily just gloss.

In the last episode for detail fest the guys got a 1963 corvette and it was hammered.

The 1973 trans am me and my team worked on , has wash and detail spray scratches, however that paint was rock hard and a real challenge to polish out.

I get your view, but you also have to understand the car shows these cars are entering are the most prestigious in the world, so naturally the cars arent going to be beaten like a daily driver.

I do seem to remeber the bentley or rolls royce a few episodes ago, was hammered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Will there be....-1464719403316-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    having the average Joe out there see this would really bring people in here and that's a key goal with this show for sure.
    I'm as disappointed as anyone that the show isn't as much about "detailing" as we thought it would be. But I have to disagree, I think the show has hit its "key goal" as a marketing, advertising, and tax writeoff vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

If the show was really about detailing we all would be saying its boring listening to mike explain his process in every episode.

A garage find resto would be cool though, but do we want to watch anyone rub #7 on a car 2 or 3 times.....

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Will there be....

Quote Originally Posted by JeffM View Post
    If the show was really about detailing we all would be saying its boring listening to mike explain his process in every episode.

A garage find resto would be cool though, but do we want to watch anyone rub #7 on a car 2 or 3 times.....

There should be atleast one episode where they "geek out", pardon the pun, LOL!

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Klasse, i know one way to hook you on the show, Turtle wax tire coating application 😎😅😅😅😅

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    Klasse, i know one way to hook you on the show, Turtle wax tire coating application 😎😅😅😅😅
    That's one way to possibly bring the product back 💡

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Will there be....

Well there's some good info here, maybe the producers can take some of this input and make season #2 that much better. I didn't catch the one at the Peterson and I guess even museum cars need attention but for that place I would like to think they'd have an inhouse staff to take care of them, isn't Meg's in their backyard, just sayin'. I'm serious about axing some of the other shows to gain an extra 30 mins for Comp Ready, providing they mix in some more of the detailing. I know the product placement pays the bills and people watching the show are smart enough to see that and for the noobs out there they can pause the screen, write down the name of a product they're interested in and they order away from the Geek. That said, the concept is unique and God knows we all wanna see a different type of car show on the channel, really sick and tired of the restoration shows, we only need 1 or 2 of them.....IS ANYONE LISTENING????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.