autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mike Phillips

Re: Competition Ready - Season 2 - Episode 4 - Bruce Meyer's 1929 Bentley - Classic Auto Show

From your picture here,

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

Here's the Round Door Rolls parked next to the Bentley...

Mike Phillips

Re: Competition Ready - Season 2 - Episode 4 - Bruce Meyer's 1929 Bentley - Classic Auto Show

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post

I saw the episode, great work guys. The car looked great when you guys finished it up.

Thank you sir.

All the cars in Bruce's collection look good, very good. One of the things I say in our detailing classes here and I've also said on a few of the episodes on Competition Ready goes like this,

It's easy to take a neglected car and detail it to create dramatic before and after results, it's much more difficult to take a car that already looks really good to a higher level"

You still do all the hard work to a car in good shape as you would do to a car in bad shape except for maybe heavy compounding and correction, but time-wise it's still intense work and everyone still has to do their best work. And of course using great products, pads and tools is a given.

The last thing you want to hear while working on a car for Bruce Meyer in his private collection is,

Whoops!

And I'm happy to say we have not had a whoops moment on any of the cars for any of the episodes in season 1 or 2 and that's because the people on our teams are always high caliber people that know their primary job is to focus on the task at hand.

And "yes" the 1929 Bentley really came out nice. The clarity in the paint after machine polishing made a huge difference. The paint was the hardest part because the curator for Bruce's car collection didn't want us to use wax on it as he says wax collects dust. On this episode you see us applying wax but that was just to tell a complete story, you know clean, polish and protect. Most of the paint was only polished however and I know from experience that an application of wax is the

Great equalizer

By this I mean it creates a uniform appearance over the ENTIRE surfaces of the body panels in a way that only applying a polish cannot do.

But - the customer is always right.

Post Thanks / Like

This was a great episode! I almost missed it because my dvr failed to record the first showing but i did get it recorded to watch Sunday. This was the second time it had recorder failure of the show. Fortunately you let us watch the show in detailing class so I haven't missed any. Guess i need to pay a visit to my cable provider!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Guyb View Post

This was a great episode! I almost missed it because my dvr failed to record the first showing but i did get it recorded to watch Sunday.

This was the second time it had recorder failure of the show.

Fortunately you let us watch the show in detailing class so I haven't missed any.

It's a very surreal experience to sit in our classroom filled with students and watch a show on TV on car detailing.

Glad you were able to catch it Guy!

Mike Phillips

***Bump***

Tonight, Saturday and Sunday is the Bruce Meyer 1929 Bentley

Competition Ready - Season 2 - Episode 4 - Bruce Meyer's 1929 Bentley - Classic Auto Show

Air times

Fridays at 7:30pm EST
    Saturdays at 2:00am EST
    Sundays at 9:30am EST

In this episode AJ, my team and I detail Bruce Meyer's 1929 Bentley to get it ready to be on display on the Grand Boulevard at the first "Classic Auto Show" in Los Angeles, California.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234