autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Competition Ready - Season 2 - Episode 4 - Bruce Meyer's 1929 Bentley - Classic Auto Show

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    What's your point and your purpose.

I'm just curious Mike, not familiar with branding, that's all.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Competition Ready - Season 2 - Episode 4 - Bruce Meyer's 1929 Bentley - Classic Auto Show

So besides from the AJ thing, I was able to find a local dinner that has Velocity Channel so we will be having a "viewing party" there today. So excited!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm just curious Mike, not familiar with branding, that's all.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

It's simply letting people know her name.

Most "car guys" that have watched Velocity for years and specifically Overhauling with Chip Foose would recognize her and her name.

But there are likely plenty of people that are not familiar with the Velocity Channel or Overhaulin that might not recognize her.

Someone at bcii designed her shirt, my shirt and the shirt for our team members. Wasn't me but bcii is the TV production company that made Chip Foose a household name so I give them the benefit of the doubt and figure they know what they are doing.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    S

o besides from the AJ thing, I was able to find a local dinner that has Velocity Channel so we will be having a "viewing party" there today. So excited!!

Cool!

Sometimes my wife and I and some friends will go to a local restaurant called Fresh Catch and if we ask they will switch the TVs over to Velocity Channel.

We know most of the regular employees there and most of them are "Car Guys".

Anyone else reading this that doesn't get the Velocity Channel, this is tip that you can use to watch the show. Visit your regular hang-out, i.e. sports bar and see if they get the Velocity Channel and if so ask if for 30 minutes tonight at 7:30pm Eastern Time if they would switch the channel so you and your buddies can watch the show.

Post Thanks / Like

Cruz / Mike..... Brilliant idea!!

Time to look for a restaurant

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone tell me why you can't watch the show on Velocity's website? I missed last weeks episode and was trying to watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 01GreyStangGT View Post

Can someone tell me why you can't watch the show on Velocity's website? I missed last weeks episode and was trying to watch it.

Just a guess, but I think they want you to sign up for the channel, it's their revenue stream.

Post Thanks / Like

Another great episode for season 2. Nicely done. Congrats to those of us on this episode. Thanks again Mike.

Found out a little bit of info.

As I was watching it, towards the end of the show there is footage of the Bentley on display at the auto show. What caught my eye were my uncles and cousin in a couple scenes. Well one of my uncles told me that he noticed the camera crew around that day we were there. He mentioned to the crew that I had worked on it. He asked if they should move so they could get good footage of the car. The camera crew told them to stay in the shot. Very cool.

Here they are

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the episode, great work guys. The car looked great when you guys finished it up.

Mike Phillips

Also,

If you watch closely, off to one side of the 1929 Bentley we detailed for our show is another car we detailed on our show and that is the 1925 Round Door Rolls Royce.

The Round Door Rolls - Competition Ready TV on Velocity Channel

Here's why it's called the Round Door Rolls Royce

And it also still looked amazing which is surprising as museums are not known (at least by me), for having trained staff to wipe down their cars on display and over time, they get all scratched up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast