autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Competition Ready - Season 2 - Episode 3 - AJs 1968 Firebird Extreme Show Car Makeover

Competition Ready - Season 2 - Episode 3 - AJs 1968 Firebird Extreme Show Car Makeover

On episode 3 we tackle AJ's personal car a 1968 Firebird. Here's the preview video for this brand new episode!

Sponsors for this show include,

Britemax

Buff and Shine

SCANGRIP

Wolfgang

Pinnacle

Other products used were,

Griot's Garage 6 Inch Random Orbital Polisher
    Griot's 3" Orbital Polisher
    Microfiber Gloves
    Super Soft Deluxe Green Microfiber Towels with Rolled Edges
    Nanoskin

Click here for every product used on AJ's Firebird

Air times

Fridays at 7:30pm EST
    Saturdays at 2:00am EST
    Sundays at 9:30am EST

Remember to support our sponsors and anytime you call or order online, be sure to mention,

I saw this on Competition Ready!

Thanks everyone,

Mike Phillips

Re: Competition Ready - Season 2 - Episode 3 - AJs 1968 Firebird Extreme Show Car Makeover

Continued...

I watched the rough-cut of this show and snagged these screen shots...

My CR Team entering the Los Angeles Convention Center where we filmed this episode LIVE at the show!

Huge thank you to Britemax for sponsoring the show, your products worked AWESOME!

Long time friend, great writer and professional detailer as well as a member of the IDA Prentice St. Clair

This was the Velocity Celebrity Panel that did a question and answer session each day at the California Auto Show

Here's AJ doing the baggie test to her own car - she was in for a real shock!

This is me explaining how the Nanoskin Autoscrub Pad takes the place of detailing clay but can be used by machine.

I'm not much of a gambler but I would bet AJ knows how to use more polishers than all the other guys you see on TV.

Here's AJ decontaminating the paint on her Firebird...

Here's AJ decontaminating the glass....

Jib shot looking down on the action....

Me explaining Buff and Shine pad selection...

Mel Craig, a long time good friend and pro detailer...

Justin Labato, pro detailer, rep for Buff and Shine and member of the IDA...

AJ using Wolfgang Uber Compound to remove the swirls and scratches out of her car's paint.

Me explaining what RIDS are and how and why they show up after compounding...

Johnny Lange - Pro Detailer and Alumni Student of my Competition Ready Detailing Class

Mike Phillips

Re: Competition Ready - Season 2 - Episode 3 - AJs 1968 Firebird Extreme Show Car Makeover

Continued...

Mel and I tag teaming the hood...

Bobby Brit, co-worker, pro detailer and alumni student of Competition Ready Detailing Classes...

Ric Ramerez aka Eldrorado2k here on the AGO forum. Pro detailer and outstanding forum member!

Here AJ and I are going to talk about the oxidized wheels on her car and how Bobby and some of the others guys restored the shine using Britmax.

These finger pockets come in hand for all kinds of detailing jobs and you can find them in the link I shared in the first post of this thread.

The black finger pocket used to be green - now its covered in oxidation removed from the wheels...

Eh... picture tells a thousand words...

The leather interior was dull and lifeless... Pinnacle brought it back to life!

AJ is going to learn how to use what I call a Peanut Polisher aka the Griot's 3: Mini Polisher to machine apply the Britemax Vantage Paste Wax.

I have know idea what I was saying here...

AJ and the team going nuts machine waxing....

Mike Phillips

Continued...

I made the letters A and J in the wax on the hood because that's what I do...

Tech Tip is about how to break open a layer of wax...

If you don't own microfiber gloves my now you don't know how cool they are - so order some!

This is how you make the letter "L" for lucky! As in AJ was lucky to have her showcased on the show and thus detailed to perfection!

In my Competition Ready classes I share hundreds of techniques I've learned over the years and also share them on our TV show...

Here I'm explaining how to "clamp" a towel. Gives you grip and control over the towel, spread out the pressure of your hand and keeps you from dropping your towels on the ground when wiping on vertical sides.

AJ saying thank you to the team...

Perfection....

Satisfied customer!

Chip Foose stopped by to check out the results...

Be sure to watch the show this Friday, Saturday or Sunday and share with your family, friends and co-workers.

Air times

Fridays at 7:30pm EST
    Saturdays at 2:00am EST
    Sundays at 9:30am EST

Post Thanks / Like

The car looked amazing when I saw it at the show. Great job by the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Great work! That's a nice looking Bird!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

The car looked amazing when I saw it at the show.

Great job by the team.

In this episode we show using the SCANGRIP Sunmatch swirl finder light to inspect for swirls and the car not only had swirls but it also has holograms meaning the last person to detail the car used a rotary buffer.

For every TV production company I've worked with I've always had to show the camera guys

A: What swirls and holograms are?

B: Taught them the importance of capturing the swirl shots.

It's like the article I wrote about how the POWER in the after shots is created in the BEFORE shots. If you don't capture the before... how would anyone know how powerful the transformation is after the fact? Anyway, you'll see what they captured in this episode.

And "yes" she was not only swirled out but also covered in contamination.

Mike Phillips

Just to note,

Yancy has created an album with high resolution pictures from this episode here,

Feel free to snag the pics you like and use on your own Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter or the forum.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Competit...37305169816663

Post Thanks / Like

Excited to see the episode tomorrow! Personally, I had a great time working with you all on this one and had a real fun time! AJ's awesome Firebird really popped!

Thanks for the opportunity Mike and looking forward to the next!

Johnny

Post Thanks / Like

This whole thing has been a humbling experience. All I can say is thanks for everything.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast