autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Competition Ready - Season 2 - Episode 2 - Tampa RV Super Show - Newmar London Aire

You missed RON! I dont blame you however

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Competition Ready - Season 2 - Episode 2 - Tampa RV Super Show - Newmar London Aire

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, I didn't miss Ron! He's hollywood bound man!!!

Post Thanks / Like

i thought I didn't see his pic there. Or am I just losing it?

Real Detailers of Florida!! I like it.

Ron, better have that phone charged!

Post Thanks / Like

I DVR'd the show and watched it twice just to make sure I didn't miss anything(does this count as a two-step?) Wondering what product was used to machine wax the coach? Mike indicated that the paint looked pretty good so the team went directly from washing to sealing the paint. I have 5 or 6 products in the McKee's RV line and countless number of McKee's 37 products. Have yet to find one that disappointed.

David

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    Then he gets his name covered by some "Junk" in the corner of the screen

Ron, has that phone been ringing?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey man,
    I'm enjoying season 2. I like the format and I really appreciate the diversity of people in the crew. On this forum, at Detailfest and at Mobile Tech Expo, you've got the legends- the guys we admire and respect, who have been detailing since Henry Ford and the Model A came out. But on the show, you've incorporated guys who have been in the business for 2-3 years and you have guys like me, enthusiasts who do it for the love of it. That's a cool thing. I remember when AJ started on, Overhaulin'. She wasn't a Courtney Hansen, but she developed into a great car girl and she has brought that to Competition Ready. I like the show and I'm glad it came back for a second season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Ron, has that phone been ringing?
    Someone named Julie offering to help me with my student loan problem ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by SATracker View Post

Hey man,

I'm enjoying season 2.

I like the format and I really appreciate the diversity of people in the crew.

On this forum, at Detailfest and at Mobile Tech Expo, you've got the legends- the guys we admire and respect, who have been detailing since Henry Ford and the Model A came out.

But on the show, you've incorporated guys who have been in the business for 2-3 years and you have guys like me, enthusiasts who do it for the love of it.

That's a cool thing.

Good eye...

I would also add that just because a person only has a few years listed by their names that they've been detailing cars, it's completely possible they've attended a detailing class and increased their skills, experience and knowledge level.

Like my friends and forum alumni students, Father/Daughter team, Sean and Chelsea

From this Competition Ready 3-day detailing class

Pictures & Comments: July 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!

Hands-on training
    Our classes are almost all hands-on training. There's very little sitting time when you attend Autogeek's 3-day Detailing Boot Camp Classes.

Here's Chelsea dialing in her technique for removing swirls and scratches using the Griot's Garage 6" DA Polisher. Note instead of using the handle she slides her hand inside the handle and holds the head of the polisher. There's a reason for this technique and we go over this in the class.

Chelsea compounding with the G15...

Not bad Chelsea...

Here's Sean and Chelsea working on a swirled-out SSR we had in that class...

Before - the entire truck looked like this...

After

But yeah, we try to have a good mix of people for out teams.

My criteria in this order are,

1: Alumni students of our 3-day competition ready detailing classes - this way I know they know their stuff.

2. Active and positive contributing members of this forum.

3:
    Members of the IDA.

4: Some people get invited via a request of the sponsor for an individual episode.

5: Some people get invited for their positive contributions to the industry in other areas of the industry.

Out of the above, the first two are the most important.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike, and the Competition ready team!

We had a blast at the event. And although my daughter and I have not been doing this full time, we have spread some of the love to our community.

Being asked to attend one of these events is a perk of being in one of the Competition Ready classes.

As seen above we learned hands on from Mike during the July 2015 class. When I was first contacted, my daughter was working and would not be able to attend the event. She had a last minute change of work schedule, and was able to attend.

What we found out upon arrival is that another member that was supposed to attend was not able to make it, and Chelsea filled in. Win Win for everyone involved.

She was smiles all day meeting the crew and talking to all the guys. I received more comments praising her, and her abilities while she was working with some of the best guys in the area. I do not think she would have any problem doing it again either.

Sean

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Competition Ready - Season 2 - Episode 2 - Tampa RV Super Show - Newmar London Aire-chelsea-jpg  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast