autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wow! Need my BEST Competition Ready Team EVER! - Glendale, California - Thursday, February 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Here at Autogeek we support the IDA and IDA members. Consider yourself on the team.

I need you to send the below info to my e-mail

First and last name as you would like it to appear on TV in the credits.
    Cell Phone:
    E-mail:
    Shirt size:

mike.phillips@Autogeek.net

Thankyou for the opportunity mike. Looking forward to it 😀😀

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wow! Need my BEST Competition Ready Team EVER! - Glendale, California - Thursday, February 23rd

Mike, I'm available to drive down and help out.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

Well, I've done a total of.... (doing math).... one wire wheel. Simple cleaning of it.
    Yeah they are a PAIN to clean and clean right. But anyone willing to work hard can do them and do them right.

What I appreciated about you Jesus, was you took the time to type up a great review of your experience about working on the set.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...xperience.html

I appreciated this more than you know. I normally do this type of thing but I have not had time. So having you and a few other guys that are forum members here and were on a show, take the time to share your experience means a LOT to me and for this reason I want you on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post

Mike, you can count me in!!! This sounds like it will be a blast.
    Can you take some pictures of the project and create a write-up for the project? That would be a great help to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit00C5 View Post

Mike Phillips, sent you a PM
    You know I remember attending my classes at Meguiar's back when I was the instructor from 2002 to 2009. For now I'm going to put you on the Standby List because I'm going to offer this opportunity to the guys that have attended my 3-Day Detailing Class by sending out a newsletter today.

So hang tight...

Quote Originally Posted by Busy mind View Post

Mike, I'm available to drive down and help out.
    Same as for Bandit00C5 - I'm going to put you on the Standby List for now, so hang tight.

Mike Phillips

Here's one of the cars we'll be prepping for this episode...

1965 Lamborghini 350GT

These wire wheels will need attention

The engine and engine compartment will need attention...

The original seats are weathered and worn, some of the stitching is ripping. These will be a challenge.

There looks to be a tear or a stain spot in the middle of this seat...

Mike Phillips

And....

Here's a second Lamborghini we will be prepping at the same time...

1969 Lamborghini Islero

I can see sections of the stitching that has torn and loosened...

The engine and engine compartment will need attention...

Both need a lot of attention in the engine compartment and the interior.

Not surprisingly, there's no pictures showing the actual condition of the paint.

It's possible the paint is perfect, but this would be a first in my career. It's more likely, a swirled-out mess.

Stay tuned...

Post Thanks / Like

Mike no problem, I'll do a write up, I don't think it will hold a candle to guz or just justjesus but I'll be my best, you can always count on me to help out, you have done so much for not only me but the derailing community as a whole, writing a review is the least I can do to show my appreciation.

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike,
    That's my neck of the woods, and you know how I get down on wheels.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by DetailHands View Post

Hey Mike,

That's my neck of the woods, and you know how I get down on wheels.

Hi Claude,

Yes I know how you can tackle wheels! You were the one that volunteered to tackle the custom one-off wheels on Troy Ladd's Kustom 1932 Ford Roadster Pickup. These wheels were complicated and a pain to polish but the final results glistened like diamonds in the sun. You did great my friend...

Looking at the wire wheels in the pictures it looks like besides a good washing, the next step would be to hand polish each spoke using your fingers in microfiber gloves. At least that's the only approach I've come up with to take them to their their maximum potential. It would be painstaking but that's about the only way besides washing I know of to tackle thin rods of steel.

Here's the link to the Troy Ladd episode...

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, after a good washing it's gonna take some good metal polish and fingers, do they still make those cloth strips with the polish in them they use to work great.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciated this more than you know. I normally do this type of thing but I have not had time. So having you and a few other guys that are forum members here and were on a show, take the time to share your experience means a LOT to me and for this reason I want you on this team.

Thank you for saying so, Mike! I've cleared my schedule for the day and I'll be happy to be on this team! Sweet cars

Hi Claude,

Yes I know how you can tackle wheels! You were the one that volunteered to tackle the custom one-off wheels on Troy Ladd's Kustom 1932 Ford Roadster Pickup. These wheels were complicated and a pain to polish but the final results glistened like diamonds in the sun. You did great my friend...

WOW. Nice wheels and nice work there! Great job, Claude.

Looking at the wire wheels in the pictures it looks like besides a good washing, the next step would be to hand polish each spoke using your fingers in microfiber gloves. At least that's the only approach I've come up with to take them to their their maximum potential. It would be painstaking but that's about the only way besides washing I know of to tackle thin rods of steel.
    I've been looking for info on doing wire wheels such as these! Can't find much What I came up with, was using MF towels, perhaps even the thinner ones, and wrapping them in a U-shape around the spoke with the towel. Picture how you dry your backside after a shower. OR, how they shined shoes back in the day. Using the MF towel and sort of doing that with the individual spokes. The ones in the rear, not sure how to get to those, though.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast