autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wanted: ACTIVE forum member in Brentwood, California area for new episode of Competition Ready

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    It might just be the area?

I made a post about this on the IDA FB Group and not a single reply.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/theida/

I'll be finalizing my list end of day and sending to the producer. Heck I could knock this out by myself if I have to... just wanted to share the fun.

Maybe not so much the area but I live an hour away and never heard of Brentwood. I have lived here for a long time, over 40 years. When I clicked on the title I thought it would be a suburb in So Cal to be honest.
    Maybe change the title to Sacramento/ Bay Area detailers wanted?
    It really sounds like a cool experience and hope you can find some members to attend. If I was not under a mountain at work, I would love to attend, even if just to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wanted: ACTIVE forum member in Brentwood, California area for new episode of Competition Ready

This is really a great experience, of course it's amazing to meet Mike and AJ and the rest of the crew but working side by side with other forum members and putting a face to the screen name was a huge thing for me. I really enjoyed meeting other members and just sharing the same passion with them

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
    Maybe not so much the area but I live an hour away and never heard of Brentwood. I have lived here for a long time, over 40 years. When I clicked on the title I thought it would be a suburb in So Cal to be honest.
    Maybe change the title to Sacramento/ Bay Area detailers wanted?
    It really sounds like a cool experience and hope you can find some members to attend. If I was not under a mountain at work, I would love to attend, even if just to watch.
    I agree...when I heard Brentwood, I thought that's where OJ used to live, and that's in the LA area, where Mike was just last week...then he posted the map and I saw it was up in the SF area (turns out Brentwood is a neighborhood in Los Angeles).

My Google-mapping shows that SF is actually slightly closer to Brentwood than Sacramento...so I agree, if you still need more people perhaps changing the thread title to "Bay Area" would result in more responses.

Post Thanks / Like

I did the same thing, went straight to Google and it took me to SoCal. I had to look around to see that there are 2 in the state, oddly enough ill be in castro valley Tuesday night so could make the hr drive to brentwood to help out and meet other AGO members.

as nor cal zl1 was saying I was born and raised in the bay and ive never heard of any place around there called brentwood...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Yep its a small town kind of rural judging by the map. I take my car to Rio Vista for servicing, which is fairly close. Rio Vista is a farming community. Strangely they have a huge Corvette, and Camaro following and its strange to drive through the open fields to a dealership which you would think would be full of trucks used in agriculture. Then you find a service bay full of fast cars in for service, or race prep. Even being so close, I have still never heard of Brentwood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
    Yep its a small town kind of rural judging by the map. I take my car to Rio Vista for servicing, which is fairly close. Rio Vista is a farming community. Strangely they have a huge Corvette, and Camaro following and its strange to drive through the open fields to a dealership which you would think would be full of trucks used in agriculture. Then you find a service bay full of fast cars in for service, or race prep. Even being so close, I have still never heard of Brentwood.
    There is a lot of high dollar, high HP racing that goes on in these areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike I posted this link in a couple of facebook groups. Hopefully some active Autogeek forum members see it and respond.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I would love to attend. Let me know so I can get there. I have been to 3 of your boot camps and believe this would be a lot of fun. Let me know.
    Dave.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I'm not in the area but I could be by next week. Would love to be part part of this. Let me know.
    Thanks
    Dave

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hamlin View Post

Mike, I would love to attend. Let me know so I can get there. I have been to 3 of your boot camps and believe this would be a lot of fun. Let me know.

Dave.

Great to hear Dave! And yes, you've attended 3 of the classes. Here's the link to the last class you and Dave Harris attended... that was a awesome class with incredible cars.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...p-class-4.html

Here's a picture of you machine waxing a 1955 Chevy 210 which is ALSO the same model of car we'll be working on for this TV episode of Competition Ready!

Wow! What a coincidence!

And here's a picture of your employer, Dave Harris working on the 1955 Bel Air we used for a training car in the same class...

Dave Harris has been attending my classes all the way back to my early classes at Meguiar's in Irvine, California. I spoke with Dave today and he said that you and he will be attending either the May or September class.

Looking forward to seeing you both and working with you both again and as always... I always have GREAT training cars for these classes.

When you get a chance, e-mail me the below...

First and last name as you would like it to appear on TV in the credits.
    Cell Phone:
    E-mail:
    Shirt size:

mike.phillips@Autogeek.net

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast