autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Competition Ready - Episode 8 - Detail Fest - Detailer's Cup Competition!

By far and away episode 8 was the best episode. It was much more entertaining than any of the previous ones. The team and judging aspect of the show was more what I had been looking for in the previous 7. Put the "Competition" in Competition Ready. I'm looking forward to season two.

Post Thanks / Like

My Favorite episode as well, but ONLY because my bald head made its television debut on this episode!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by StephenK View Post

Great job guys and big thank to Mike Phillips for giving all of us a chance to have our 15 minutes of fame. Time to use this and make Mike proud he pick all of us for season 1 episodes. Lets continue to get out and educate our customers and give them a work of art to show off.
    For what it's worth, all my working life I've always tried to share the fun with my firends. I haven't countred how many people in total were on TV for this first season but a LOT. I'll have to do a head count and post that info, probably around 100 people.

I had a number of alumni studetns and forum members on our first TV show, "What's in Autogeek's Garage". I invited alumni students and forum members to be on TV with me for My Classic Car with Dennis Gage....

Quote Originally Posted by StephenK View Post

Any word about a season 2?
    Nothing is confirmed as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by SATracker View Post
    I enjoyed the whole series of shows.

The one thing that caught my attention was actually the previous episode, Mike asked the car owner something like,

"How old is the paint and how thick is the clear coat?"

wish I knew to ask those questions about 7 years ago when I burned through some paint. I was just starting out, the owner was (still is!) a friend of mine who knew I was learning and was cool with it, we got it professionally and correctly repainted. I pointed out various places where other previous detailers burned through the paint. The owner did some research on the car and discovered a poor painting history of the car- she sold it.

Anyway, great series. On various car shows it's easy to get blown away by the craftsmanship of the car, and the quality of the paint can be missed.

You guys took cool rides to another level. I hope it gets picked up for another year.

Thanks, to the planners, sponsors, and you guys who did the work.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mike Phillips

More screenshots from Episode 8
    Godfrey Williams machine polishing Bobby Alloway's 1937 Chevy Coupe with the FLEX XFE7 15mm Orbital Polisher.

FLEX XFE7-15 Long Stroke Orbital Polisher

Showroom Detailing Justin Labato machine polishing with the FLEX XFE7 on Competition Ready TV

Pictured in the enter are some of the TV crew filming - They're all dressed in black

Joe Metlow machine polishing with the FLEX XFE7 15mm Orbital Polisher.

Edwin Roman Cardalda machine polishing with the FLEX XFE7 15mm Orbital Polisher.

Jim Goguen and Mark Johnson polishing on a 1963 Corvette built by Brian Finch with the FLEX XFE7 15mm Orbital Polisher.

Andy B Cool working on the 1969 Dodge Charger "Mayhem" built by Kyle Tucker on Competition Ready TV with Tim Mumford and Bob Eichelberg in the background working.

Antonio Hee Meh Nes working on the 1963 Corvette built by Brian Finch on Competition Ready on Velocity Channel.

Paul Viens and Walter Havens using the FLEX Swirl Finder Light to inspect the paint on the 1971 Mustang built by Jason & Lonny Childress on Competition Ready TV.

FLEX Swirl Finder Light

Axel Bart detailing the engine compartment on the 1971 Mustang built by Jason & Lonny Childress on Competition Ready TV

Great job guys!

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to thank Mike Phillips and Bob McKee for allowing me the opportunity to participate in the Competition Ready episode. It was truly a honor and a pleasure to work with some of the best detailers in the industry.

I noticed in AG threads, folks had comments about making the show better. There was a few "change this and change that" suggestions. I also noticed that there were no "how to make it better comments" regarding episode 8.

I have watched each episode of Competition Ready (a few times) and like others have stated, I feel Episode 8 was the best episode as far as production, flow, editing, story line and retaining viewer interest and engagement.

I would like to thank you both again for my invitation to participate in the Competition Ready - Episode 8 - Detail Fest - Detailer's Cup Competition episode 8 and I wish you both continued good health, success and happiness.

Mike Moore

AKA ]\/[erlin

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Competition Ready was an amazing experience, i had so much fun doing what i love to do, as well as making Friends that also love what you do, very lucky and blessed to have had this experience, ton of fun. Thanks alot Autogeek, Mike, and Bob for the opportunity to give back. I really hope theres a second season.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Moore View Post

I would like to thank Mike Phillips and Bob McKee for allowing me the opportunity to participate in the Competition Ready episode. It was truly a honor and a pleasure to work with some of the best detailers in the industry.
    Hi Mike,

Thank you for the kind words and thank you also for being a part of the CR Team for episode 8. I'm so happy to say with 32 guys working on 3 millions dollars worth of high-end build cars - no mistakes happened and to everyone's credit and hard work all the cars came out flawless.

On the TV show the builders all commented about how talented all the detailers on our show are and they also shared this with me one-on-one. That's powerful.

I noticed in AG threads, folks had comments about making the show better. There was a few "change this and change that" suggestions. I also noticed that there were no "how to make it better comments" regarding episode 8.

I have watched each episode of Competition Ready (a few times) and like others have stated, I feel Episode 8 was the best episode as far as production, flow, editing, story line and retaining viewer interest and engagement.
    This episode went very smooth especially considering the number of cars and the work that had to be done.

I would like to thank you both again for my invitation to participate in the Competition Ready - Episode 8 - Detail Fest - Detailer's Cup Competition episode 8 and I wish you both continued good health, success and happiness.

Mike Moore

AKA ]\/[erlin

Thanks Mike! I'll make sure Bob sees this...

Also, thanks for being a great friend over the years and a member and supporter of the IDA.

Here's a "Blast from the Past" article from 2010 when you brought your buddy and his 1954 Corvette to Autogeek and we detailed it till the paint looked dripping wet.

How-to Machine Apply Wax using a DA Polisher

Post Thanks / Like

Digging up an old thread...

But in this episode one of the cars detailed was Kyle Tucker's '69 Dodge Charger. While evaluating the cars, Mike mentions the vinyl top looking a bit lifeless. I don't recall seeing in the show what was done to clean and dress the vinyl hardtop on this car. Mike, can you share what the team did?
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post

But in this episode one of the cars detailed was Kyle Tucker's '69 Dodge Charger. While evaluating the cars, Mike mentions the vinyl top looking a bit lifeless. I don't recall seeing in the show what was done to clean and dress the vinyl hardtop on this car. Mike, can you share what the team did?
    O.K. - so I'll take a stab at answering my own question... Looks like Meguiar's #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner will do the trick for cleaning and maintaining a vinyl hardtop...

Meguiars #40<br>Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner protects rubber, plastic & vinyl interior surfaces. Meguiars # 40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner and
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post

But in this episode one of the cars detailed was Kyle Tucker's '69 Dodge Charger. While evaluating the cars, Mike mentions the vinyl top looking a bit lifeless.

I don't recall seeing in the show what was done to clean and dress the vinyl hardtop on this car. Mike, can you share what the team did?

We would have used a "sponsors" product. While the Meguiar's M40 is a great vinyl protectant with a little cleaner in it (if I remember correctly), I would have to watch the episode again to see what products were used and then once I figured out the brand - it would have been the vinyl dressing in the brand line.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast