autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Competition Ready - Episode 8 - Detail Fest - Detailer's Cup Competition!

What a cool experience with amazing cars and so many of the best people in the industry. That was awesome! Great job everybody! Keep on shining!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say it was really cool to see some guys from the forums on TV. This episode by far was my favorite, and it really seemed to flow well.

The series really started to transform at the end of the season into a much more enjoyable format in my opinion (less focus on the staged dialogue, and more on the products and technique). Great job to all the Detailers and the team at AG for putting this together.

Hopefully a season two rolls around soon! And who knows... Maybe a "pros vs joes" episode might come along eventually... Just a thought :-)
    A year from now, you'll wish you started today.

@utopiandetailing on Instagram.

Super Member antti@561detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wagner View Post
    What a cool experience with amazing cars and so many of the best people in the industry. That was awesome! Great job everybody! Keep on shining!
    Jeff, I still haven't figured out why they picked you to be there? JK

I have to say it was a cool experience. Thanks Mike, Bob and everyone else who made this happen. And will see you next year at Detail Fest..
    561 Car Detailing Gtechniq Accredited Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

This is the episode I have been waiting on, and have to say it was the best one so far. I had a great time seeing some old friends and meeting new ones. Hope to do it again next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

I was lucky enough to attend Detailfest. One of my favorites was Bobby Alloway's 1937 Chevy. That black paint was amazing. These guys made that paint look perfect. I kept on thinking I was seeing imperfections in the paint, but it was the plastic tent window's reflection in the background playing tricks on my eyes. I thought the interior was just as impressive. The smell of the leather was intoxicating. You could smell the leather just walking past. I talked with the owner of the Chevy and he told me the racing purists were not impressed with the Can Am engine being put in a non Can Am car. 900hp if I remember correctly. The engine was a work of art on its own.

My other favorite car at Detailfest was Bobby Alloway's Porsche Speedster at his trailer. That Porsche was awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

My 10 year old son got a kick out of seeing his old man on TV.He counted how many screen shots he saw at 20 and I was hoping the camera would add a few LBS. for me.Great bunch of guys to work with and around.Mike told me last night how much business has picked up for the Geek lately.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Mike Phillips

Thanks for all the feedback guys...

I think this was my favorite episode. Logistically speaking, it was a challenge to get all 6 cars thoroughly cleaned, clayed, machine polished and waxed in the time allotted for filming in one day and I very happy to say that there wasn't a single mistake not only on these 6 cars but on the other 10 cars buffed out for the first season. So a total of 16 cars detailed for season 1.

This show will repeat,

Saturday, June 11th at 2:00am Eastern Time

Sunday, June 12th at 9:30am Eastern Time

Post Thanks / Like

Great job guys and big thank to Mike Phillips for giving all of us a chance to have our 15 minutes of fame. Time to use this and make Mike proud he pick all of us for season 1 episodes. Lets continue to get out and educate our customers and give them a work of art to show off. Any word about a season 2?
    Hi my name is Steve and I am a Griotsaholic

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed the whole series of shows.

The one thing that caught my attention was actually the previous episode, Mike asked the car owner something like,

"How old is the paint and how thick is the clear coat?" I

wish I knew to ask those questions about 7 years ago when I burned through some paint. I was just starting out, the owner was (still is!) a friend of mine who knew I was learning and was cool with it, we got it professionally and correctly repainted. I pointed out various places where other previous detailers burned through the paint. The owner did some research on the car and discovered a poor painting history of the car- she sold it.

Anyway, great series. On various car shows it's easy to get blown away by the craftsmanship of the car, and the quality of the paint can be missed.

You guys took cool rides to another level. I hope it gets picked up for another year.

Thanks, to the planners, sponsors, and you guys who did the work.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback guys...

I think this was my favorite episode. Logistically speaking, it was a challenge to get all 6 cars thoroughly cleaned, clayed, machine polished and waxed in the time allotted for filming in one day and I very happy to say that there wasn't a single mistake not only on these 6 cars but on the other 10 cars buffed out for the first season. So a total of 16 cars detailed for season 1.

This show will repeat,

Saturday, April 23rd at 2:00am Eastern Time

Sunday, April 24th at 9:30am Eastern Time

Mike, this was my favorite episode too, not just because my friends and I were in it, this really showed the Detail Fest / Autogeek culture and each car had its own time slot and challenge, so there was a car for every kind of style. The episode was awesome.

Congrats to the guys we all did a fantastic job on the cars.

Shoutout to my team.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast