autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First viewing of Completion Ready

lol what do you guys expect. If anything is on TV it's staged.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post
    lol what do you guys expect. If anything is on TV it's staged.
    i don't think anyone is denying or saying it wasn't????
    Back to the full-time grind.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

First viewing of Completion Ready

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    i don't think anyone is denying or saying it wasn't????
    Didn't sound that way from the posts above. Just saying. I was speaking mainly from expectation standpoint.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably huge money involved to air a show on tv.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Probably huge money involved to air a show on tv.
    No question about it. Regardless of cost it either appeals or does not. Based on only one show, which is not conclusive, it was not what I expected.
    I will watch other shows so as to get a better grip on it. I am NOT dumping on the show merely stating that I was disappointed. All on the show have my ultimate respect for their many talents, I'm just not too thrilled with the way Velocity presents it.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in agreement with most of you. It's cheesy at the beginning with the call and the meeting. We look at this different than most non OCD car people would. I can't go to a cruise night or cars and coffe without finding every single swirl or flaw in every car there. Neither can anyone else on thi forum, it's how we're wired. So let's look at the purpose of the show. But first, we are not the target audience, we already buy from AG regularly. The show is a half hour infomercial for AG. And there is nothing wrong with that. If a normal car guy watches the show, sees the before and afters, and then says, " I want my car to look like that". They come to the website, check out the forum, maybe sign up and ask some questions, but they come here none the less. A phone call and questions to Nick, or whom ever, and boom $500 first order. Pretty much how we all started here, but we didn't get to see a fancy TV show, with a very handsome Mike Phillips #MikePhillipsmancrush.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    I'm in agreement with most of you. It's cheesy at the beginning with the call and the meeting. We look at this different than most non OCD car people would. I can't go to a cruise night or cars and coffe without finding every single swirl or flaw in every car there. Neither can anyone else on thi forum, it's how we're wired. So let's look at the purpose of the show. But first, we are not the target audience, we already buy from AG regularly. The show is a half hour infomercial for AG. And there is nothing wrong with that. If a normal car guy watches the show, sees the before and afters, and then says, " I want my car to look like that". They come to the website, check out the forum, maybe sign up and ask some questions, but they come here none the less. A phone call and questions to Nick, or whom ever, and boom $500 first order. Pretty much how we all started here, but we didn't get to see a fancy TV show, with a very handsome Mike Phillips #MikePhillipsmancrush.

Very good point and one I had not considered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post

True.. I am not a pro and I've learned something from each episode. I find myself pausing the show to see what products are being used, etc. I've also aquired a huge wish list.

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly this thread has been noticed but I see no response from anyone at Autogeek. Is this thread not worth your time? I'm not trying to cause a problem here, just expressing an opinion. It appears that others agree somewhat. I realize that a HUGE amount of effort, travel, organization, and money went into this project. It's just not not what many of us expected. Responses???

Post Thanks / Like

It is what it is, they dont owe anyone an opinion on one of our opinions.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast