autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Competition Ready - Episode 3

Quote Originally Posted by ge0rge View Post
    It would not hurt to throw in thoughts on why you selected a particular pad or chemical.
    Those decisions are pre-determined by whoever is sponsoring that episode. It's not driven by the project. If you notice the beginnings of each program, you get a little hint as to the sponsor. Previous episodes were a little subtle at first, but for #3 they flat out mentioned Sonax as the sponsor as they went into the first commercial break. It looks like Lake Country has a lock on the pads and Flex as the polishing tool.

I too would like to see more work and less lead-in "drama". I noticed on this most current episode, work didn't even begin until the 15 minute point. Considering commercials, that only gives you about 7 minutes to show/talk about what is being done to the vehicle.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Flex as the polishing tool.
    Ep 2 was nothing but the Megs polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. You're right. I forgot about that one. Most likely because they were the product sponsor too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Those decisions are pre-determined by whoever is sponsoring that episode. It's not driven by the project. If you notice the beginnings of each program, you get a little hint as to the sponsor. Previous episodes were a little subtle at first, but for #3 they flat out mentioned Sonax as the sponsor as they went into the first commercial break. It looks like Lake Country has a lock on the pads and Flex as the polishing tool.

I too would like to see more work and less lead-in "drama". I noticed on this most current episode, work didn't even begin until the 15 minute point. Considering commercials, that only gives you about 7 minutes to show/talk about what is being done to the vehicle.
    The brand might be pre determined, but as with all detailing jobs, the actual product and process is determined by Mike and the team based on the condition of the car as it would normally be. And yes, the brands paid to play.

I can tell you in the episode I participated in, PBMG house brands were featured and we had Mckee's 37 to work with. We had both the compound and polish to use, but based on the condition of our car, we only polished it, compounding wasnt needed. We made that determination upon inspection of the car. Other teams in our episode were not so lucky and had to compound and polish with whatever brand they were using.

Keep in mind, in my episode for instance, there was probably 16 hours worth of footage from 4-5 different cameras that they have to edit into 22 minutes of show. I think, although I could be wrong, ultimately it is the production company deciding what makes it to show and what doesnt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    I can tell you in the episode I participated in, PBMG house brands were featured and we had Mckee's 37 to work with. We had both the compound and polish to use, but based on the condition of our car, we only polished it, compounding wasnt needed. We made that determination upon inspection of the car. Other teams in our episode were not so lucky and had to compound and polish with whatever brand they were using.
    The episode I participated in was a bit different. There was only one vendor, so the choices came down pad and which level of polish from that vendor. A test spot was done, but based on knowledge of the vehicle and condition of the paint, Mike made pretty short work of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Plan: lightly produce a mildly interesting show using time as a hook. Now there's a vehicle to sell advertising. And certainly Velocity is looking for content.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I agree TruckU and All Girls Garage would have been the perfect model for Comp Ready. Instead they chose the one where they fix the car that has been sitting in the garage unfinished for years (I forget the shows name) as a template. The drama is unnecessary.
    Autogeek`s very own Bruno Massel staring in "GARAGE SQUAD".
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234