autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Forum Updates for 2016 - What changes would you like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post

Honestly I am overly happy with the way this forum operates and the way it displays. Not to mention the upgraded avatar size. (which I have not gotten too yet.)

The first thing that popped in my head when I saw the thread was the first three things mentioned by Ian. That's why I simply agreed.

I understand the time limit in place and think its a good idea not to extend it past the current 60 minute window.

Either way, Im happy to be at home here.
    Fair enough Mike. I guess I was thinking you might have some extra suggestions outside of the ones Angus shared.

I agree with his suggestions and feedback too by the way...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    How about an easier way to post pictures? The current 16 step process, salt over the shoulder, click your heels like Dorothy, etc just isn't working for me - literally. Could be user error too - don't rule that out

A post without pics isn't much of a post IMO.

Well as a guy that posts a LOT of pictures and as someone that has written articles on how to post pictures and and walked people through the process for years now... I too would like an easier process.

Maybe there is one?

There are limitations for sure though because one of the articles I've been sharing for years is how to resize your photos and that's because modern cameras and modern cell phones take HUGE pictures and it's not about the software not being able to process huge files it's more about the files filling up a a hard drive in the cyberworld. And that's kind of about thinking long term... not short term...

But I agree... an easier process to upload and inset pictures would be a great feature.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Well as a guy that posts a LOT of pictures and as someone that has written articles on how to post pictures and and walked people through the process for years now... I too would like an easier process.

Maybe there is one?

There are limitations for sure though because one of the articles I've been sharing for years is how to resize your photos and that's because modern cameras and modern cell phones take HUGE pictures and it's not about the software not being able to process huge files it's more about the files filling up a a hard drive in the cyberworld. And that's kind of about thinking long term... not short term...

But I agree... an easier process to upload and inset pictures would be a great feature.

I completely agree with David on this one. I can't do this (at least easily) on my phone. So I have to upload pics to my PC or laptop, resize, then upload. Then copy/paste links to get the pics to show up properly in the post. Far too many steps - and that's when the upload page is working. Recently it has been hit or miss when it's working, or just a page full of banners.

Mike, with as many pictures you post, you're a very patient man. There's times I'd like to post pics, but have given up knowing what I have to go through to do it.

Hopefully an easier way can be found and implemented.
    "The shortest and surest way to live with honor in the world is to be in reality what we would appear to be." --- Socrates

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I liked this post!
    Ha! Thanks Rasky

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Fair enough Mike. I guess I was thinking you might have some extra suggestions outside of the ones Angus shared.

I agree with his suggestions and feedback too by the way...

Good to hear Mike! Hopefully my suggestions make sense and will be a welcome addition to this already great forum.

Another suggestionls don't add a "dislike" button. If a member likes or wants to thank for a post - cool. But if someone takes issue with one of my post, either say why and give me a chance to respond or move along. Giving someone a thumbs down without context as to why is petty IMHO.

Thanks for increasing the edit window btw

Post Thanks / Like

Easier way for pics definitely and being able to upload pics from my smartphone. I still cant upload from my phone all I get is a tan colored screen that never finishes loading.
    2016 TOYOTA TACOMA TRD OFF ROAD PACKAGE

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not embarrassed to say that of the 117 apps I have on my phone, Autogeek is the one I use more than others. (I'm addicted to AGO!!!) Having said that, the ONLY way I access AGO is with the phone app. Uploading pics with the app is so easy it's hilarious! Not to mention the app is sooo user friendly! I highly recommend it.
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    I'm not embarrassed to say that of the 117 apps I have on my phone, Autogeek is the one I use more than others. (I'm addicted to AGO!!!) Having said that, the ONLY way I access AGO is with the phone app. Uploading pics with the app is so easy it's hilarious! Not to mention the app is sooo user friendly! I highly recommend it.

Yea but the pics we post from the iphone app don't appear full size to the people viewing this on their PC... At least mine don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...my Mac does.
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

Oh. I guess because it's apple. But if you look at "web view" while on this app, you'll see how they look to regular people.

At least that's how it is for me. If I'm wrong forgive me, because when it comes to tech stuff I'm a total noob and that's why._.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast