autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: The Eagle...errrr....FLEX PE8 has LANDED!

Quote Originally Posted by antti@561detailing View Post

I used it...I believe it was Mike's prototype...

It's an awesome tool and I ordered mine today.
    Yes, that is the #3 prototype. I don't know anyone that has any of the other prototypes.

Post Thanks / Like

Got my PE-8 today and toyed with it for a few minutes. IMO, it seems to be a little heavier than 4 LBS. I do not know as I did not weigh it.

As for the trigger control, it is on the side. The button on top locks the trigger at the speed you want.

To me the side trigger is naturally located by your thumb for on and off. But I believe it is designed for the "right-hand".

Turned it on a couple of times and I can tell you this....very smooth!! Because it is a rotary very little (or in my case) no vibration at all. And terms of noise....very quiet compared to a Flex 3401, PC7424 XP or the GG 3".

In terms of build quality....OUTSTANDING!! Solid little machine. I am gonna polish/wax my GF ride this weekend.

But initial impressions....are excellent. I was concerned about the location of the trigger, however, I feel that it will not be a problem as it is "naturally" located near your "right" thumb to turn on or off. So far based on my toying with it is a "NO ISSUE".

I will know more over the weekend and give you my comments. I will try to post pictures too.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing your opinion, I'm looking for as much feedback on this tool as possible, let us know.

Congratulations on your purchase, enjoy!

I have a question about Dual-Action precision tool (Rupes TA) following Rotary precision (PE8), if anyone can help me out it's here:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ml#post1206744

Thank you very much in advance,

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

If you have no prior experience with a rotary polisher, would getting one of these be a bad idea? I have done a few vehicles with a PC and will soon be using my new 3401, but don't have any experience with a rotary. I was thinking one of these would be perfect for motorcycles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Got my PE-8 today and toyed with it for a few minutes. IMO, it seems to be a little heavier than 4 LBS. I do not know as I did not weigh it.

As for the trigger control, it is on the side. The button on top locks the trigger at the speed you want.

To me the side trigger is naturally located by your thumb for on and off. But I believe it is designed for the "right-hand".

Turned it on a couple of times and I can tell you this....very smooth!! Because it is a rotary very little (or in my case) no vibration at all. And terms of noise....very quiet compared to a Flex 3401, PC7424 XP or the GG 3".

In terms of build quality....OUTSTANDING!! Solid little machine. I am gonna polish/wax my GF ride this weekend.

But initial impressions....are excellent. I was concerned about the location of the trigger, however, I feel that it will not be a problem as it is "naturally" located near your "right" thumb to turn on or off. So far based on my toying with it is a "NO ISSUE".

I will know more over the weekend and give you my comments. I will try to post pictures too.
    What are the RPM? Looked on AG web site, but it didn't say.

Post Thanks / Like

They have a Speed setting from 1 to 6 but was at work so I did only a couple of trigger pulls. I intend to wax my GF ride as the final LSP with the PE-8. From what I could tell it should be fine. I will know more this weekend. I just gotta find my camera for pics.

The PE-8 is a small rotary not a big one like a Makita or PE-14. I am hoping that will be a benefit to a noob like me.

I do want you to know...SO FAR it seems it will rock. BTW, I have NO experience in a rotary so I will take it easy on the correcting stuff. It is lighter than the PC and Flex 3401 so I am guessing I can't screw it up that bad....I HOPE!! I will be using conservative settings at 1st maybe 1 to 3 speed settings depending how it feels.

Funny, I can wet sand, correct/polish with a DA but have no clue how to work a rotary. That will change this weekend.

I am hoping my experience with detailing as well as common sense make this a successful journey.
    CJ
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised that the manual doesn't show the rpm in relation to the dial numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I'm surprised that the manual doesn't show the rpm in relation to the dial numbers.
    LMAO!! I didn't read the manual yet. I probably won't either I am too LAZY!!! However, since you are interested I better read it!! I do not want you to kick my AZZ!!!....JK

I will read it and post some info tomorrow!!! I hope the manual has pictures. I didn't even bother opening it!!...

PEACE!!
    CJ
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

i have to check...are the lil pads and plates available yet?

oops, ok, i see they are in the store. so neat.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

The book lists the speed 1300-3900 rpm but no specific speed assigned to the corresponding number on the wheel. It definitely has the Flex quality but I'm a little concerned with the side switch. I'm not going to gripe until I actually use it this weekend.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast