autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SEMA 2016 Video: Sonax Profiline Ceramic Coating CC36

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    Personally, I am not intrigued by a coating that lasts "up to one year". That statement puts this product in-line with Meguiars Paint Protect - which is an OTC product. I will wait and see what the v2 and v3 products look like some years out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    Agree with the above guys, any coating with a measly year protection isn't worth having over sealants or Collinite. Luckily there are 36-60 month coatings out there which as mentioned above,remove the marketing gimmicks and you end up with half.
    I would not put it past Sonax that this is more of a conservative longevity claim. Optimum does the same thing with Gloss Coat. They still claim up to 2 years even though it is now a 3 year coating. Gyeon does the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Just want to give my opinion on coatings, I would like to here any suggestions or comments.
    I tried cquartz uk a few years ago. this was the first and only coating i have tried.
    after i applied it i thought it was orsam. loved the shine and most of all loved how the water just
    flew off after washing. i believe the coating was to last about 2 years. i believe it did last just about the 2 years before i started noticing some dull areas.
    The down fall for me was that while the coating was still on the car, contaminants were still able to stick to the paint. If i ran my hand across the sides it just wasn't smooth. At this point what are you to do? if you clay it i don't know if you will be removing the coating or maring the paint. If you mar the paint now you have to polish and re apply the coating. I don't know if it will ever happen but if a company can make a coating where the paint stayed smooth for the life of the coating it will be a big hit. I would also like to note that i washed this car every week. I never let it sit for a long period of time while dirty.

Post Thanks / Like

PNS and Brilliant Shine as topper is great

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I'm not sure why all the other negative comments being posted here, it's not like anyone is forcing any one to use the products. But to comment on a product without first hand experince is pretty ridiculous. The other thing is if we want these companies to continue to work on new products we should encourage them to do so, not blast them with negative comments when they launch something new.
    I did encourage them to work on new products with my commentary and my wallet. I have Sonax products. I don't plan on visiting a Sonax plant; nor do I have a conference call scheduled with Sonax product owners anytime soon. Do you think companies innovate from "the voice of the customer"? I'll answer my question for you. They absolutely do and over time rarely do they innovate in a sea of "that's the best product in the world, rock on Sonax, can't wait for v2!!!". These points alone give me the right to speak my mind. I suspect this is v1 and they had to get something out to market to fund v2 and v3. It's a standard practice; some revenue is better than zero revenue.

And with all due respect, you have a habit in this forum with many of your responses to others that rubs me the wrong way more often than not. It's a style thing. I believe it comes from a good place but nonetheless many times you don't answer the question being asked or you come across as judgmental, so please refrain from judging my posts. You want to agree or disagree, then that's fine. When you infer how I should contribute on this forum you are extending too far. I follow the forum rules just like everyone else and that should keep you warm and fuzzy inside. I doubt my comments or yours for that matter will materially affect Sonax one way or the other. :-)

it's late and I'm a little cranky... that said, this had to come out sooner or later. if we ever meet I'll buy you a beer. I have a snappy style too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post

I'm not sure why all the other negative comments being posted here, it's not like anyone is forcing any one to use the products. But to comment on a product without first hand experince is pretty ridiculous.

The other thing is if we want these companies to continue to work on new products we should encourage them to do so, not blast them with negative comments when they launch something new.
    I didn't mean for it to be a negative "blast"...simply objective observations, and hopefully anyone to include the company would take it as that. There are a lot of products on the market at this time which require fewer steps and offer much longer durability. As a company I like Sonax. My one brief exposure to PNS and BSD showed me they are brilliant products. Their new Cut and Finish polish may become my polish of choice on hard paint. In all fairness, I like the aerosol delivery of this coating. I'm just not crazy about the two-steps or the short life span.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I would not put it past Sonax that this is more of a conservative longevity claim. Optimum does the same thing with Gloss Coat. They still claim up to 2 years even though it is now a 3 year coating. Gyeon does the same thing.
    I hope this is the case. Based on the research I've been doing, I noticed Optimum seemed to live up to it's claims, but didn't know they were on the conservative side. Interesting to hear about the Gyeon too. The one year durability along with the 24 sheltered cure time were both non-starters for me.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

If it's sonax I'm all over it.They make some great products.yesterday I did a really rough red f150 from ny it felt like sandpaper along with all kinds of marring,a typical northern car.sonax cutmax then griots perfecting cream then opti coat this truck came out amazing.sonax works great outdoors no sticking or drying and no dusting.I worked on this truck for 7 hours with no breaks.simply put love sonax.

Post Thanks / Like

I will gut my van with promising products that don't deliver and stock it with sonax only.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how it compares with their Nano Paint Protect?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asalesagent912 View Post
    Just want to give my opinion on coatings, I would like to here any suggestions or comments.
    I tried cquartz uk a few years ago. this was the first and only coating i have tried.
    after i applied it i thought it was orsam. loved the shine and most of all loved how the water just
    flew off after washing. i believe the coating was to last about 2 years. i believe it did last just about the 2 years before i started noticing some dull areas.
    The down fall for me was that while the coating was still on the car, contaminants were still able to stick to the paint. If i ran my hand across the sides it just wasn't smooth. At this point what are you to do? if you clay it i don't know if you will be removing the coating or maring the paint. If you mar the paint now you have to polish and re apply the coating. I don't know if it will ever happen but if a company can make a coating where the paint stayed smooth for the life of the coating it will be a big hit. I would also like to note that i washed this car every week. I never let it sit for a long period of time while dirty.
    Or some areas of the auto may weather differently on the auto. I had a guy put Nano Hide just on the side skirts and wheels only so I can see how it performs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asalesagent912 View Post
    Or some areas of the auto may weather differently on the auto. I had a guy put Nano Hide just on the side skirts and wheels only so I can see how it performs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast