autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Forum Updates for 2016 - What changes would you like to see?

I'm pretty new here, having only been around since the middle of '15. One thing I would like to see changed would be the amount of posts allowed per page. I'm always on here on my phone and it seems like Im always going to the next page in a matter of seconds. Maybe double it to 20 posts per page?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buffdoubt View Post
    One thing I would like to see changed would be the amount of posts allowed per page. I'm always on here on my phone and it seems like Im always going to the next page in a matter of seconds. Maybe double it to 20 posts per page?
    That's a setting that you have control over. Go to User Control Panel (User CP), Edit Options, go down to Thread Display Options, and you can change it from the Forum Default to 15, 20, 30 or 40.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    The ability to:
    1. Like posts
    2. Give Thanks for a post
    3. Follow other forum members
    4. Expand the Edit window on users own post Beyond 30mins
    5. Increase the size of the users mailbox
    I liked this post!
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I am fairly new here but would like to find some way to contact detailers close to me to possibly have as mentors/contacts etc. maybe there is a place on the site already (instead of looking at each profile individually). Is there a quick way to see what region/state/territory other members are in as it would be easier to contact fellow detailers and stay connected with the detailing community as a whole? Just a thought. TY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    That's a setting that you have control over. Go to User Control Panel (User CP), Edit Options, go down to Thread Display Options, and you can change it from the Forum Default to 15, 20, 30 or 40.
    Thanks man! Didn't know that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcanoe View Post
    I am fairly new here but would like to find some way to contact detailers close to me to possibly have as mentors/contacts etc. maybe there is a place on the site already (instead of looking at each profile individually). Is there a quick way to see what region/state/territory other members are in as it would be easier to contact fellow detailers and stay connected with the detailing community as a whole? Just a thought. TY
    No, there's no way to do that (now). The best way is to search thread titles for your state name, and see if anyone has done a get-together thread. On other forums I've participated in that had regional forums, it didn't really seem to work as well as you would like it to, FWIW.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking more on the lines of something like the members list but it would be divided into Country=state=city=member name. Then you could contact that member threw private message. It didn't have to include all the shop details/prices etc.. just a way to find people when they become a member (Possibly it could automatically register when they become a member).. also by doing this it may persuade some of the lookers to sign up and become more active as members which is also good. Some of us are isolated and other detailers are possibly close by but we have no way of knowing they are out there even if its 20/30 miles away. I would like to talk with other detailers close by if I knew they were out there but I have to find them first.

Post Thanks / Like

I use this through the AGO app and here are my suggestions.

1. Autofill for username/password login.

2. The ability to click on users profile pic [small thumbnail that appears next to our usernames]
    Viewing this through the phone makes it very difficult to make out those small profile pics and it would be nice to get a full view for once.

3. Fix the page refresh.
    For example: When a thread has numerous pages and you click to page 4/4 it'll take you to page 4, however you have to manually pull down the page and refresh once more to actually see the most recent post in the thread. It's pretty annoying to have to do that Every single time.. Especially when it shows you a "preview of the latest post" on the main page.

4. The ability to click on a thread from the "viewing who's online" screen.
    For example: On my screen it lists everyone who's logged in and what thread they're currently viewing/posting in, which is cool. But it'd be even cooler if I could have an option to view that same thread.

Post Thanks / Like

It would help if more people would fill in their location so others could see including you

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcanoe View Post
    I was thinking more on the lines of something like the members list but it would be divided into Country=state=city=member name. Then you could contact that member threw private message. It didn't have to include all the shop details/prices etc.. just a way to find people when they become a member (Possibly it could automatically register when they become a member).. also by doing this it may persuade some of the lookers to sign up and become more active as members which is also good. Some of us are isolated and other detailers are possibly close by but we have no way of knowing they are out there even if its 20/30 miles away. I would like to talk with other detailers close by if I knew they were out there but I have to find them first.

Post Thanks / Like

The changes I would suggest are already in effect over on Autopia

If someone is paid in any way by a product manufacturer or marketer, they should be required to disclose this information in their signature

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast