autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures: Autogeek at the 6th Annual Palm City Fall Fest Car Show!

Pictures: Autogeek at the 6th Annual Palm City Fall Fest Car Show!

Trey, Bobby and I will be manning the Autogeek Booth at this car show tomorrow from 9:00am to 5:00pm.

If you're local please stop by and say hi!

Palm City Fall Fest at the Lance Corporal Justin J. Wilson Memorial Park

See you there!

Mike Phillips

Re: Autogeek at the 6th Annual Palm City Fall Fest Car Show!

It looks like it's going to be beautiful weather and a perfect day for this show!

If you're local, swing on by and say hi!

Mike Phillips

Awesome car show this last Saturday in Palm City, Mike Searle and his team really did a great job of organizing this event....

Here's a few pictures from the show....

Mike's sweet 1955 Chevy Sedan Deliver - This is an Autogeek detail project.

1955 Chevy & 1947 Buick Slantback - Show Car Makeover! - Pictures & Videos

1964 Pontiac Catalina - Might be a 63 or 65 I'm just guessing here....

Sam Macia's 1956 Chevy Bel Air - This will be a future Autogeek project car as we're going to prep it for a Super Chevy show in 2015

Alex Sznurkowski's 1957 Chevy Nomad
    This car has normal wear-n-tear swirls and scratches as this is a regular driver for Alex. Alex is going to let me use this for a very special project coming up real fast.

Oldsmobile 442
    I'm guessing a 1964 or 1965

1970 Dodge Challenger RT

Earl's 1940 Ford Panel Delivery
    This is a recent Autogeek Detail Project. We recently removed all the swirls and scratches out of this streetrod and shortly after that Earl has it customized to advertise his business. These old panel deliveries are some of the best advertising bang you can get for your buck.

Pictures: 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery - Secret Project

Here's what it looked like before the Autogeek Extreme Makeover...

And after.....

All the before and after pictures can be found here...

Pictures: 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery - Secret Project

This very beautiful 1956 Pontiac Star Chief Convertible also belongs to Earl the Plumber and it too is an Autogeek Detail Project Car.

1956 Pontiac Star Chief Convertible

Here's Bob checking out Earl's new addition to his car collection...

The Star Chief too started out pretty rough till we did an extreme makeover on it...

1949 Pontiac Road Chief Convertible
    This belongs to my buddy Mike Stowe and like all his streetrods the build quality of the car is just over the top.

I spoke with Mike about using this car for a future project and of course he said yes!

Light Swirls & Scratches
    Over time, even show cars like Mike's that are well taken care of will get a build up of swirls and scratches so we're going to do what I call a "Show Car Makeover" which is different than and "Extreme Makeover" in that the paint is not as bad as the cars we do the extreme makeovers to. Here's the deal though... you still do 2-3 very meticulous machine buffing steps to recreate that just out of the paint booth fresh appearance.

We worked on one of Mike's other cars almost 3 years ago now....

1936 Ford Roadster - Show Car Makeover

Mike Phillips

I think I taught my millionth car guy how to use a DA Polisher while we are the show....

A little hands-on training goes a long way to flatten out the learning curve....

Buffing like a pro!

Seriously, not sure if he was really the millionth person but there's been a few over the years.

This gentleman asked me what I would charge to buff out his muscle car, a 1971 or 1972 Plymouth Duster with the 340 Wedge engine.

This isn't his car but this is what his car looks like...

He originally asked me about what can be used to bring matte finishes back to life, here's what his hood looks like....

Then our conversation evolved to car detailing and specifically how to machine polish paint without burring through the paint or putting swirls into the paint and that turned into a lesson on how to use the Porter Cable 7424XP.

If any of my local car buddies knows the owner of this car, have him get a hold of me...

1-800-869-3011 x206

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding Mike! Looks like you had a great time!

Thanks for sharing pictures!

Mike Phillips

More.....

Boy Scouts are Car Guys too!
    Christopher was part of Troop 840 that visited us at our last Cars & Coffee here,

Boy Scouts at Autogeek!

Future Project Camaro
    I spoke with the owner about the swirls in the paint on his beautiful Camaro and he's open to bringing his Camaro to Autogeek for special project I have coming up real fast.

I believe this is a Mercedes-Benz GLK350 I kind of like his big brother the ML400
    (with Boggers of course)

Mike Phillips

Big Yellow Banana - 1956 Nomad Detailing Project Car

I met Alex, the owner of this beautiful 1956 bright yellow Nomad at our last Cars & Coffee show and talked to him about using it for a special project. He said "yes" as the by-product of the project is a fully polished to the hilt paint job.

I didn't have time at the Cars & Coffee show to get any pictures showing the current condition of the paint. So at the Palm City Fall Fest Car Show the opportunity presented itself and I have the swirl shots in the sun.

1956 Chevrolet Nomad

This Nomad has a 350 small block to push it down the road...

Mike Phillips

This is a Triple Black 1963 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible. Triple black means it has a black interior, black top and black exterior.

I met the owner at the Palm City Fall Fest car show after about a half a dozen guys told me about the horrible swirls in the paint. Sad thing is he just had his car "detailed".

1963 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible

Mike Phillips

This was rather unique and interesting....

Believe it or not.... the old Jeep Wagoner's are making a comeback in popularity....

This was a boattail something or rather... might be a Cord or an Austin? I looked the paint over pretty good and it's getting kind of dull. It's due for a professional paint polishing job.

Classic Triumph Spitfire!

Autogeek Detail Project
    This Model A Police Car was actually the demonstration car for a class we held for the staff of the Elliot Museum just about one year ago...

How To Detail Museum Cars, Classics & Antiques

In the class I demonstrated on a few places to teach the techniques for both hand and machine polishing and then the guys at the Museum finished the rest of the car and I must say I was impressed with their results.

This is a late model El Camino, it had some pretty bad holograms in the paint....

Tried to locate the owner of this truck but to no avail....

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: Autogeek at the 6th Annual Palm City Fall Fest Car Show!

1965 Corvette Swirled to Perfection!

I met John, the owner of this 1965 Corvette at the Palm City Fall Fest and sometime in the near future this car is going to pay a visit to Autogeek's Show Car Garage!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast