autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 95 of 101 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: $1,000 Prize up for grabs when we hit our 1 millionth post!

This contest was about having some fun on the forum as we reached and then passed a huge landmark for our forum.

I personally had a lot of fun just reading the excitement everyone shared in their posts about the contest.

This contest is also kind of like the lottery. There were no rules except that in order to post you would also have to be a member of the forum. I don't play the lottery often, there was a time I didn't play at all. Don't really believe in it personally. That said, my wife likes to play a few dollars here and there and it makes her happy. So I've changed my way of thinking and play a few dollars once in a while.

I don't ever expect to win because I've also never been struck by lightening. I do admit there's always a little excitement when she checks the numbers the morning after the lotto numbers are drawn. After I find out we didn't win again... I go back to enjoying my coffee and watching the morning news before heading to work.

I don't hold anything against the person that did win and in fact, hope some good comes there way.

Congrats to the winner... thank you to Yancy for bringing his idea to fruition and thank you to Max for giving this contest the green light.

Now lets move forward...

Maybe we can have another contest where you get to win something off Nick's desk? I walked into his office this morning, seems like it's ready for a cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it`s more than candy wrappers like one of the last times guess on WHAT`S ON NICK`S DESK giveaway.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Post Thanks / Like

For those that posted within 1 minute of that, how about a special discount?
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to the winner!

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of negativity or sore losers. What's the difference between writing out a thoughtful post and waiting to hit 'submit' until the opportune time, and digging up some old post and doing the same? So what. So what if the post count is low, or whatever else. It's all just silliness. It was a cool contest; but if it was supposed to be a 'random' winner, they would've kept it a secret. They would've just announced, after the fact, that the 1,000,000th post won $1,000. However, they didn't. AGO fully intended for us all to go nuts and rack that post count up...

As I said before, digging up an old thread did NOT change his chances of winnings, nothing about the thread being 'old' had ANY bearing on the selection of the winner. Nor the content of the post, or the poster himself. A brand new thread had just as much opportunity to win as posting a reply into a super old thread. So if it in no way gave him an unfair advantage and it broke no forum rules- then what on earth is the big deal?

...AND IT WAS FUN! Like Mike, I played not expecting to win but I had so much fun anxiously waiting to see who the winner was, and watching the post count go from 999,990 to 1,000,037 inside the time it took me to refresh. Then to watch it climb another couple hundred posts within a couple minutes more with a combination of 'late entries' combined with people wanting to know who the winner was! It was a blast!

So let's just climb on down from those high horses and figure out how to be the awesome AGO family that we can be and not be upset that we didn't win the prize! Nothing in this post was directly at any particular individuals so please don't take offense- this is just a broad statement to a variety of insensitive and accusatory comments made in this thread and elsewhere that are unfair and unwarranted.

So congrats to the winner! I'll only begrudge him if he doesn't tell us what he bought with his winnings
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to the winner. And a HUGE "Thank You" to the gang at Autogeek for a great contest. It's difficult to run any kind of contest, and this one had suspense out the wazoo to go with it.

I guess one of us will have to win the Mega Millions jackpot tonight and spend that on car care products through Autogeek. How much can a half billion buy?
    President, Treasure Coast Miata Club of Florida

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to the winner! I missed out on the last minute suspense, but know it had to be fun. Thanks AG for a great contest and prize!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

hey thats pretty cool ive never known a forum to give back to its members like that thanks guys! hope someone who deserves it wins.
    Just looking for information here on auto title loans....

Post Thanks / Like

lol... it was won a few days ago!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

Pick Me!!!

Page 95 of 101 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101 LastLast