autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mike Phillips' Detailing Boot Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Dan K View Post

WallDiver and I signed up today for September's Boot Camp. Can't wait!

Congratulations!

You're going to have a blast and learn a lot too!

The cars we're going to use have not been chosen as we're pretty far out from the class date yet but if history is any example, I'll have some very cool cars here to work on.

Mike Phillips
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member - Certified Detailer - Skills Validated Detailer - IDA Recognized Trainer
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Mike Phillips Detail Training Credentials
    Sign-up for Mike's Tips & Techniques Newsletter

Post Thanks / Like

How many spots are left? I called customer service yesterday and asked and they said they didnt know. I want to take the class and pretty sure im going to, i will know 100% if im taking it or not this weekend, and would be signing up and paying then if any spots left.

Post Thanks / Like

Also I meant to ask in my last post. Is this class good for new beginners or people that already have some experience?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mike1990 View Post
    Also I meant to ask in my last post. Is this class good for new beginners or people that already have some experience?

Here's the breakdown of who attends my classes, just an informal set of numbers that I get from asking people in the class...

20% = People that are professional detailers at any level or thinking about starting a detailing business. This could mean people that have been doing this for years/decades, or people that have been doing it for a few months, or toying with the idea of "starting".

20% = Professional painters, almost always guys that paint custom cars, street rods etc. that want to learn about new wetsanding tools and techniques and new compounds and techniques. I love having "real" car painters in my classes as they always add some cool information and in most cases vindicate a lot of what I say and teach.

60% = Average people that love their car and want to really learn how to take care of it.

The majority of the people are primarily focused on learning machine paint polishing techniques and believe it or not, how to wetsand and then cut and buff with a rotary buffer.

I do cover a lot of other topics and work your butt off in these classes.

The "Meet & Greet" on Saturday night and the Marriott Lounge is also very popular.

Mike Phillips
    IDA Board Member - Certified Detailer - Skills Validated Detailer - IDA Recognized Trainer
    Twitter
    Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

I'd highly recommend reading the student testimonies here, they are very powerful and there's hundreds more in all the "pictures and comments" threads for all my classes on this forum and on the MOL forum since 2004 and that's just when forums were a reality. I've been teaching classes since 1988... long before the Internet...

Click this link and scroll down to see what people that have actually attend a class have to say...

Mike Phillips's Detailing Boot Camp May 4th & 5th

Click this link to see what these people have to say...

Pictures: Detailing Boot Camp Class - May 4th & 5th, 2013

Mike Phillips
    Twitter
    Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin is a regular poster to this forum and a Professional Detailer, he attended my last class, here's Kevin and me...

Kevin or davisautodetail here on our forum...

Quote Originally Posted by davisautodetail View Post
    Mike is the real deal! A genuine car-guy that cares about people and is ready to share his years of experience and passion for the art of detailing and paint correction.

The class was the best money I've spent in a long time. We not only learned a lot of paint correction techniques, but we were able to play with all of the different tools and machines.

Whether you're an experienced detailer, or a hobbyist wanting to learn some new skills, the class is well worth it. There's another one at the end of September, so sign up!

One thing to mention, I was a little worried we'd be bombarded with "available at Autogeek" at every turn with the hard sell. Neither Mike nor Nick did that, but were quick to answer product questions. I'm placing a big order (thanks in part to my $200 credit with the class), and glad to know what I need.

Thanks Mike and Nick!

I could do this all day...

Mike Phillips
    Twitter
    Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. I've been trying to dig up some info like that. I'm a complete detailing newbie. I just got an 08 mustang gt and have spent more time cleaning her than I have my whole life with my other cars. Amd I've wanted to do some more advanced detailing so I ordered the gg da and some pads from y'all and I have even considered getting into the auto detailing business. I'm in NC and have talked to a guy named Cory that owns miracle wash and he said he knows you and he highly recommended taking your class. So gotta go over my finances today and if everything checks out I think I will be taking the class.

Post Thanks / Like

Considering your september class. Any seats available?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Mike Phillips' Detailing Boot Camp

Im all in for this months class and full of excitement anticipating my trip back down to Stuart FL. Looking forward to having a another great time down at Autogeek's Show Car Garage. See you soon Mike and all classmates.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post

Considering your september class. Any seats available?
    Just now found this post... this class is full but you can sign-up for the January or May class.

Three classes a year and they always fill up.

Last weekend of January
    First weekend of May
    Last weekend of September

Quote Originally Posted by JRS MDS View Post

Im all in for this months class and full of excitement anticipating my trip back down to Stuart FL.

Looking forward to having a another great time down at Autogeek's Show Car Garage. See you soon Mike and all classmates.

Looking forward to meeting you also. I've posted some pictures of the cars we'll be working on here,

Boot Camp Demo Cars!

Remember to get a great nights sleep on Friday because you're going to be incrediblly busy on Saturday and Sunday.

Mike Phillips
    Twitter
    Instagram

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast