autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Win a trip to Autogeek and Show Car Garage!

Autogeek.net and Max are looking to send one lucky winner to Autogeek Headquarters for the weekend. You will attend both of Mike Phillips classes in the Autogeek Show Car Garage and spend some time with the Autogeek staff, on the house!

We would like to give this gift to a forum member that might not have been able to travel down here for this great learning experience! So, in order to select who the lucky person will be, we are asking that you write us a note and post it in this thread on why we should select you. Tell us about yourself and what you do, what role detailing plays in your life, a little background info, and your plans for the future. Selection is completely at our discretion. We will choose a winner on September 1st, so start posting now if you want to be considered! Please remember you must be able to fly out on September 17th and be able to be with us until the evening of September 19th. If you cannot do this, please do not enter and let someone else have a try at it! Good luck to all of you, and I can't wait to see who is the lucky winner!

Here is a tentative schedule that we would have planned for you.

Friday-
    -Meghan picks you up at airport
    -winner will receive a special Autogeek package
    -personal tour of Autogeek Headquarters
    -meet Max
    -hour of personal one on one training with Mike Phillips

Friday Night- Dinner with Dwayne, Mike, OR Meghan

Saturday- Class at Autogeek (Matt will pick you up at hotel) - Detailing 101 - Machine Polishing - Saturday September 18th
    Saturday Night- Social at Marriot with Mike Phillips, Autogeek Staff, and class attendees

Sunday- Class at Autogeek (Mike Phillips will pick you up at hotel) - Detailing 102 - Wetsanding, Cutting and Buffing for a Show Car Finish - Sunday September 19th
    Sunday night- Dwayne will take you to airport

Autogeek will be responsible for all transportation and hotel accommodations at the Marriott and for Mike Phillips' Detailing 101 and 102 classes.
    Winner is responsible for meals and for having an awesome weekend and taking lots of photos to share with the other forum members!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Win a trip to Autogeek and Show Car Garage!

Hi Megan, I'm a 48 y.o. husband and father. I'm a professional Firefighter by trade with 27 years on the job. My wife of 18 years, my son who is 15 and my two companions (boxers) Kuno & Ginger are my world. Everything we do is family oriented. My Detailing is limited to our two daily drivers, It's my little escape and quite time for myself. I would like to detail for others but I have not had any formal training. And with the recession and budget cuts I don't have the extra disposable income to spare. Simply put this would be a dream. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Meghan, what an awesome offer!!!! I'd love to visit AG, but the timing wouldn't work. So, don't add me in. I just wanted to share my thoughts on a very cool offer.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Dear: Meghan an all at Autogeek..

My name is Audi and I am a 34 year old an unemployed at the moment (just over a year now) been on Autogeek for just over a year an haven't looked back since. Last year for Fathers day I got a PC7424 for my own personal use but soon after I started working on my friends cars no charge to them just a way for me to practice a bit more.. Well this year I bought the Flex 3401 an I started doing cars that belonged to Friends of Friends (word of mouth really does work) but their reaction to how the vehicle looks after process is Priceless.. Anyways about a month ago I started looking into opening my own Detail Business what a better time than now..
    What could be more encouraging than jumping into detailing by having a lesson with the "SIFU" himself...
    Time to go, I have plenty of but the knowledge I will bring back with me would be greatly an immensely appreciated..

Thank You..

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Meghan and all at AG,

I’m a 27 years old man from Montreal in Canada who have entered the world of detailing ( and AG ) 1 year ago and WOW what a great community and a good compagny. I've never stop learning since then.

About me…I’m a systems administrator, it’s a stressfull job and I’m in front of a computer screen all day long. So detailing for me is some sort of way to remove the stress after a hard day at work and just think about nothing more than having a shiny car. For now, I’m detailing only the cars of peoples around me ( friends, family for free ) with the knowledge I have, I think I’m doing a good job ( I did my mom’s car yesterday and she was really happy ). My goal is to learn more about detailing so I could perfect my techniques and maybe take a few clients « on the side ». No I don’t have kids/family or girlfriend to take care of, but precisely because of that, sometime detailing became a really good way to disconnect of the « real life » while I’m taking care of a car.

So that trip could be a great opportunity to learn more about detaling and see the sun of Florida!

P.S. : My birthday is on september 2nd, so that could be a really great gift! ahah

Thanks for that great contest and good luck to everyone.
    Guillaume
    Guillaume is my name.

Post Thanks / Like

My name is Ernesto and I work for a wonderful company which is ADP, I work as IT support for automotive dealerships. Before I began working for this company I was in the Army and I served my country in Iraq. When my wife became pregnant with our first child, I decided it was time to end my military career, actually my wife (or commander-in-chief as I like to refer to her as) said play time was over and I cant blame her. I am currently very ambitious. I have a DJ business and I am a go getter. I just recently found that detailing calms me down not to mention that my 4 year old daughter helps me out.LOL. I would love to learn how to polish and use waxes so I can use that to.....maybe start a side business or as a hobby. Well thanks for reading and I wish everyone luck. I would like to end this with my favorite quote."Dream big, plan well, work hard, smile always and good things will happen...."

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Meghan!

AS you can tell by my handle, my name is Bobby. I'm 57 years young and have been detailing for 40 years or so. I've never done it as a living but more so for the enjoyment.

By profession I'm an Engineer. I lead teams to design and build custom machines for product manufacturing. There's allot of stress that's associated with it and working with my hands has always been a relief valve for me.

Like most here I got into cars as a teen and my passion for automobiles has continued through the years. Back in the mid 70's I used to race at New England Dragway. One thing that always impressed me was the gorgeous custom paint and the wet look of the finishes.

I'm self taught through trial and error but I love to read ever expanding my personal knowledge. These learnings directly impact and improve my skills and translated directly to the detailing project I may be working on.

Believe it or not I enjoy detailing! There nothing like spending a nice day in the back yard doing a full detail inside and out and in the end there sits a work of art and a proud moment for me.

I came across Autogeek almost by accident. The members here are the best and are eager to help, comment, and answer any question that might me posted. What I can also tell you is I've been absolutely thrilled with the staff their friendliness, knowledge, dedication to the detailing obsession and the quest for perfection.

To visit Autogeek would be a fantastic opportunity and an honor to personally meet the fine folks I've now only spoken with...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

To all the wonderful folks at AG,

My name is Shane, I am 22 and currently reside in Powell, TN. I was born in St. Paul, MN, and we moved to TN when I was 5, so I am "Northern by birth, Southern by the grace of God!" I'm not too complex of a person - pretty introverted by nature until I get to know somebody, then I annoy the crap out of them! Not really, but I do like to have fun. I have been detailing hardcore since January 2009, mostly on my car and my parents' four Hondas. I have done a few cars on the side for money. I love getting new products and always enjoy learning new tips and techniques. I have more stuff than I know what to do with, but it doesn't matter. I am truly happiest when I am detailing. Being able to go to Autogeek and see you guys would have to be the coolest thing that could happen to me. I also enjoy messing around on the computer, watching movies (mainly action and sci-fi), and good food. I don't really have any plans for the future set in stone - just want to be doing something that makes me happy and pays the bills. Hobbies I am interested in getting into in the future are knives and fishing. Thanks AG!

Shane
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys. This is an excellent opportunity to be able to meet and learn from the detailing masters, Max AND Mike Phillips himself, not to mention attending his detailing classes. This could be a once in a lifetime chance!!! I would love to be part of this, but requesting for entry into the united states coming from a 3rd world country is an entirely different ball game. Although i have been there, it will still take approximately 1-2 months to process a tourist visa application including setting up an appointment at the US embassy. Let alone the recent tragedy that has occurred in our country that has blemished our image throughout the international community. And the cost of travel will be too high for AG to consider

I just wanted to share my thoughts. Ever since i joined AGO, i have seen and observed how they return to the community and their customers. Customer service with a personal touch is definitely world-class and is something i have never seen practiced by other companies! Thanks Autogeek and more power!

Good luck guys! i guess pictures from the winner's experience would be more than enough for me!

Stop whining and crying like a baby! Life sucks...deal with it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rohnramirez View Post
    Hi guys. This is an excellent opportunity to be able to meet and learn from the detailing masters, Max AND Mike Phillips himself, not to mention attending his detailing classes. This could be a once in a lifetime chance!!! I would love to be part of this, but requesting for entry into the united states coming from a 3rd world country is an entirely different ball game. Although i have been there, it will still take approximately 1-2 months to process a tourist visa application including setting up an appointment at the US embassy. Let alone the recent tragedy that has occurred in our country that has blemished our image throughout the international community. And the cost of travel will be too high for AG to consider

I just wanted to share my thoughts. Ever since i joined AGO, i have seen and observed how they return to the community and their customers. Customer service with a personal touch is definitely world-class and is something i have never seen practiced by other companies! Thanks Autogeek and more power!

Good luck guys! i guess pictures from the winner's experience would be more than enough for me!
    If he could make it, I'd give it to Rohn! But who am I?!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast