autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Win a trip to Autogeek and Show Car Garage!

Hell ya count me in. I have some much say but would rather say it in person. So pick me.
    Thanks Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone,

I began detailing about a year ago..I found it to be much more than just a way to bring back a smile on someones face when I had completed a job. Now 37, I set aside my college degree profession and decided to begin working for a growing company here in Louisiana. I just find it invigorating to complete a perfect job, step back and admire the change in a car because of my work. The car is the project and I become the project manager. Meeting everyone from Autogeek would be phenomenal. I have so much to learn yet..This is an amazing forum, website and company..I would just really like to be there..

Best regards to everyone..

DH

The best strategy in life begins with Diligence and works with Temperance, Virtue, Passion and Knowledge.

Post Thanks / Like

Autogeek
    I would love to come down to Florida for a detailing weekend and have the chance to meet all the staff.
    My name is Simon and I am 25 years old. I have been detailing for about a year and half now. I picked up detailing after I served in Afghanistan with the U.S. Army. 11 months into my tour, my humvee was hit by an IED (Improvised Exsplosive Device). I broke my lower back, along with 7 herniations, and tore my right shoulder apart, which required cables and pins to put it back together. I was awarded a Purple Heart, but the greatest honor was that I was still able to come home to loved ones unlike some of my close friends.
    Over the past 2 years I have been going through continuous physical therapy and dealing with the stress of starting over. Not being able to go back to my every day job, I started detailing to keep my self busy and fell in love. It gave me motivation to keep pushing myself, while it relaxed me. Detailing has given me something to do on many restless nights. I have spent hundreds of hours watching all the autogeek videos and reading your forums.
    In the future i will continue my medical care, and would like to be able to open up my own detail shop, along with offering mobile detailing services.
    Whether or not I get picked, you all at autogeek are doing a stand up job. Thank you and keep up the great work.
    CPL Simon Vosburgh

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh this is an AWESOME idea!!! but I have taken too many vacations already this year. But again, FANTASTIC idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck to everyone
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

You CAN teach an old dog new tricks!

I'm 60 years old with a BA degree in secondary education. My work experience has been filled with variety. I worked my way through college as a custodian, entered business as a supervisor/manager in small industries, designed the acoustics of an IMAX theater and worked in computer related sales (heck, I even dug a few graves while in school!). I've worked with computers and assorted IT projects for the past 20 years, the last 12 years doing training, writing computer Help programs, developing business process and procedures, mapping work flows, and as the ISO manager on a custom software project.

Some people may find my line of work boring and dry but it is actually very challenging, especially when actions and decisions can cost millions of dollars. Each job built on skills I learned in previous positions and most involved teaching and training people.

Outside interests help maintain my sanity: photography, woodworking and detailing cars. (Actually, it's my wife who keeps me sane.) Each interest and job has contributed to making me a well-rounded person (even though I'm skinny). They all have one thing in common: attention to detail. I achieved an "accomplished" level of skill in woodworking and photography years ago. Now am I ready to reach that level in detailing - but I need that little extra education, mentoring if you will, to get me there.

When I'm more "accomplished" at detailing, what will I do with my skills? I would like to go "full circle" and chart a new path. The economy isn't very good at this time. Hopefully, in a few years it will improve and people will be spending money on their cars again. When that happens I'll retire from the corporate world and be ready for a new challenge: starting a detailing business.

Mind you, I would not be doing much of the hands-on work. No, I'm thinking about the business end: start up, hire talented staff and provide a decent living for them, make a little income for myself, and stay engaged in life!

My interest in attending this event is to learn how to quickly assess detailing skills and recognize talent. I hope to gain this knowledge by watching and learning from experts in the business (like those at Autogeek). After that point, I'll have a few years to practice, hone my skills, and develop a sound business plan. When the corporate retirement time comes, I'll be ready!

These classes and one-on-one personal training would be a good start:
    • An hour with Mike - I would like him to deliberately create a serious "problem" during paint correction so I can learn what to avoid
    • Detailing 101 will be beneficial as I haven't had a rotary polisher in my hands for almost 40 years (but I can finesse a PC on wood and my Flex DA on a car)
    • Detailing 102 gets me into territory where I know just enough to be dangerous; this class would be a real help to me
    • Meeting Max - I know he's busy so I'll ask him one question: What is the best way to finance my retirement dream of owning a detailing business?
    • Friday night dinner would be even better with all three, Dwayne, Mike and Meghan. That way I could learn what makes them so special at their jobs.

I can make the time to attend, live a short distance from Denver International Airport, enjoy getting my hands dirty, and can take lots of pictures!

Regards,
    Gary

(GEWB)
    Denver, CO
    Linux Reg. User #206357 (Feb. '99)
    "Can't get there from here."

Post Thanks / Like

We will be picking the winner tomorrow, so get your entry in if you haven't already!

Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck, folks! It will be a great experience.

Very classy, AG. Thanks!
    John Henry

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all at AG;
    After a couple of bad experiences with some other suppliers I found this site and have never looked back. Great products, Great prices and the most important ingredient... Great staff. I've been following the Autogeek forums for about a year now and can't tell you how much I have learned. I would love to get the opportunity to come down and meet you all.
    Bret Sovine
    Tropical Reflections Detailing
    bret@tropicalreflectionsdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

hello, im 28 and i live in hawaii im a full time waiter at a resort and i do detailing on the side, i learned detailing because i love cars, i learned everything here at auto geek i mean everything i order everything here too, my plans in the future is to open my own wharehouse so i could have a bigger view of detailing, but im still learning, i would love to meet everyone there at auto geek and have training, i was gonna go try learn and get certified but everyone said just spend your money on products and learn from autogeek, well i love detailing so much somtimes i do people cars for free!! i just love it and love the way people gets amaze when they see there car,well thats me thanks!!. good luck to everyone here.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast