autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your forum account is approved

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    O so you have pretty much the standard husband marriage contract. lol
    Yes, standard for husbands who are willing to give up financial control, which I am. I hated paying bills and managing the household finances when I was single. I was terrible at it. Now, I just have to work during the week and enjoy Saturday mornings detailing the vehicles.

2. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    Yes, standard for husbands who are willing to give up financial control, which I am. I hated paying bills and managing the household finances when I was single. I was terrible at it. Now, I just have to work during the week and enjoy Saturday mornings detailing the vehicles.
    Yes but here’s the thing I detail full time and my wife is a teacher. I’m not going to lie I’m horrible with money management and she is very good at it. She writes out monthly budgets and post bills on the refrigerator so we won’t forget. Myself on the other handle only remember car notes and line of credit payment dates other than that she is my reminder. On the other hand she does have what I call ball out moments. Keep in mind she’s a teacher and I’m a detailer. I make her yearly salary sometimes in less then a month or two but she will go out and buy cars and I’m looking at her like really....that’s when we get into financial arguments like the other night she wants to buy a Tesla and I was like you better stick a Tesla photo on the dashboard of your Prius and keep moving. I understand happy wife happy life but my god she can be a unhappy wife every now and then lol I’ll live. Our dinner dates even stress me out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes but here’s the thing I detail full time and my wife is a teacher. I’m not going to lie I’m horrible with money management and she is very good at it. She writes out monthly budgets and post bills on the refrigerator so we won’t forget. Myself on the other handle only remember car notes and line of credit payment dates other than that she is my reminder. On the other hand she does have what I call ball out moments. Keep in mind she’s a teacher and I’m a detailer. I make her yearly salary sometimes in less then a month or two but she will go out and buy cars and I’m looking at her like really....that’s when we get into financial arguments like the other night she wants to buy a Tesla and I was like you better stick a Tesla photo on the dashboard of your Prius and keep moving. I understand happy wife happy life but my god she can be a unhappy wife every now and then lol I’ll live. Our dinner dates even stress me out lol

Wow, 5.00 for iced tea and 5.00 for Coke. That is harsh. I can deal with getting gouged for food if it is good food but 5.00 for a Coke is excessive. I always drink water. A true test is what you order when someone else is paying. At company events, weddings, etc. I also drink water, even when someone else is paying. I feel it would be hypocritical if I changed my behavior because YOU are paying. That is a character trait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Just to add....

I've been working on forums since 2002, not as long as some but probably longer than most.

I have NEVER in my life seen so many spammers trying to join our forum.

And for the life of me... I've never understood "why" they would want to join and post spam... no one in their right mind would actually purchase or interact with anting a spammer posts.

What strikes me as funny (unbeknownst to these spammer scumbags), is this is probably the LAST forum you'd want to spam on.

A whole community of guys & gals with an almost (OK, full-on) OCD-like attention to detail.

Dumb asses.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Newbie Member Paint Correction God's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you

Crystal Clear Detailing
    - Facebook: facebook.com/CCAutoDetail/
    - Instagram: @paintcorrectiongod
    - Email: Ccservicesx@gmail.com
    Instagram: @PaintcorrectionGod

Follow the fun! over 3,000 others are!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Just to add....

I've been working on forums since 2002, not as long as some but probably longer than most.

I have NEVER in my life seen so many spammers trying to join our forum.

And for the life of me... I've never understood "why" they would want to join and post spam... no one in their right mind would actually purchase or interact with anting a spammer posts.

The most likely explanation is that when they join these forums and spam their website it increases their "relevance" to the search engines as now their website is mentioned hundreds or thousands of times across the internet. Nothing increases your search engine relevance like having your site linked through many non-related sites across the internet by different, seemingly unrelated people.

Post Thanks / Like

You make your wife's yearly salary in a month or two? I mean I realize that teacher isn't the world's highest paying occupation but what?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    You make your wife's yearly salary in a month or two? I mean I realize that teacher isn't the world's highest paying occupation but what?
    What’s your salary? :-)

Post Thanks / Like

What’s your salary? :-)

Well not as much as yours obviously. But I've been retired since I was 34 and that was 19 years ago. The last year I worked, I made $550k after bonus. I got lucky though. I married a woman that makes $300k a year and I've been fortunate enough to raise three kids and play golf every day for basically the last 19 years. My kids are now 20, 18 and 16. We started this business for our middle child because he still lives at home and goes to college and we wanted him to work. We're general partners in the business and it's on track to do $60-70k this year. I pay him 30% of gross receipts every week and the rest we leave in the account for expenses, taxes and future college tuition. I haven't taken a cent yet, aside from the occasional lunch or what have you small purchase. If we continue to stay on this pace or it improves as summer rolls around, I'll probably take a small weekly paycheck to cover my time and aggravation.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok that’s interesting lol not bad my good man. I was around that in my early 20’s. Keep it up soon you will hit 3mil then 10mil :-D. Raise the bar and conquer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast