autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Convexx acquires mobile tech expo - excited about future

CONVEXX ACQUIRES MOBILE TECH EXPO - EXCITED ABOUT FUTURE

Thought I would pass this on... hot press release just popped into my in-box.

Autogeek has been a long time partner with Kevin Halewood to support and grow Mobile Tech Expo.

For Immediate Release

Telephone: 702-216-5858
    eMail: Sschwartz@ConvExx.com

CONVEXX ACQUIRES MOBILE TECH EXPO - EXCITED ABOUT FUTURE

Mobile Tech Expo Acquired By Long-Time Automotive Aftermarket Trade Show Organizer

Las Vegas, NV, March 1, 2017..............Mobile Tech Expo founder Kevin Halewood announced that ConvExx, an independent trade show organizer based in Las Vegas, has acquired Mobile Tech Expo and Sun King Publishing. The 2018 Mobile Tech Expo is scheduled for January 26 - 28, 2018, at the Caribe Royale in Orlando, Florida.

"Halewood has grown the Expo into the premier showcase for the paintless dent repair, detailing and mobile automotive service industries, and we look forward to continuing that mission", Chuck Schwartz, Chairman of ConvExx commented. "We understand and appreciate the Show's principles, and look to build upon a solid foundation as we strive to better the industry," Schwartz continued. Halewood will remain with ConvExx and continue as Show Director of Mobile Tech Expo.

"I am truly excited about the future of Mobile Tech Expo," Halewood explained. "Building this event to its current height has been my life for the past 18 years, and I look forward to the future. With the resources and experience of ConvExx, we will now be able to deliver even more value and opportunity than ever before and ultimately help the industry I care so deeply for, and grow it even more."

ConvExx and Halewood will also collaborate on a new digital version of Mobile Tech News and Detailers Digest. The publications will continue to feature important industry news and new products and services, as well as provide Show information to Mobile Tech Expo attendees and exhibitors.

The ConvExx team has over 40 years of trade show experience specializing in the automotive aftermarket. Chuck Schwartz and his team produced the SEMA Show for 32 years, as well as automotive events in the performance, truck, off-road, import and accessories markets all over the world. They now produce the SHOT Show and Las Vegas BikeFest. a motorcycle consumer event.

More information is available by emailing info@ConvExx.com or calling toll free 877-764-3976.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Convexx acquires mobile tech expo - excited about future

Thanks for the update Mike. I have attended Mobile Tech Expo well over ten times. The show is a great place to gain some knowledge and meet other detailers from all over and share information.
    The show has really grown looking forward to what the new organization is going to do with it.

Selected member of Air Force One detailing team 2007, 2008, 2011 & 2017 IDA CD/SV Founders Club
    www.jimsauto.net Ipswich Ma 978 356 7372

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by jims_auto View Post

The show has really grown looking forward to what the new organization is going to do with it.
    I agree. It's much larger and every year the show gets better and better!

My first year was the first year I was at Autogeek back when it was in Clearwater, Florida

Pictures from Mobile Tech Expo 2010

In this section we sanded first with the 1500 Sanding Disc and then followed with the 3000 Foam Finishing Disc

Here's Mark watching me show machine wet sanding

In the section towards the driver's side fender we only sanded with the Unigrit #3000 Foam Finishing Disc to test the paint and show what could be done with both approaches.

Explaining how the W5000 Double Sided Wool Cutting pad attaches to a rotary buffer using a Double Sided Pad Rotary Buffer Adapter.

Sharing how to pick up a bead or strip of product using the 10 @ 10 Method. Can I get a witness? After each time I picked up a bead of product there was no splatter slung?

Results

Before

100% of the sanding marks were removed with just a few passes of M105 and a wool pad and almost no effort at all.

That's Fred taking the picture...

Mike Phillips

Back then I taught two classes

Autogeek Classes at 2010 Mobile Tech Expo - Instructor Mike Phillips

Autogeek Classes at 2010 Mobile Tech Expo - Instructor Mike Phillips

Now I'm up to 8 classes and I still see you and Mark and a lot of the guys that were at the 2010 class at all the classes after it.

Mobile Tech Expo 2017 - Classes this year

Time flies when you're having fun...

Post Thanks / Like

" Now I'm up to 8 classes and I still see you and Mark and a lot of the guys that were at the 2010 class at all the classes after it."

I try to attend as many trade shows as I can always learning or sharing

Mike I am always amazed at how well you recall everything and can find pics right away. You must have a really good filing system to recall that much stuff.

Selected member of Air Force One detailing team 2007, 2008, 2011 & 2017 IDA CD/SV Founders Club
    www.jimsauto.net Ipswich Ma 978 356 7372

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Acquisition is a good sign of growth as it generates economies of scale. Further bringing down the cost of services thus making it more competitive and affordable. <a href="http://www.anzael.com"> Anzael </a>

Post Thanks / Like

We apply industry best practices as our management foundation and continuously seek ways to do things better. We implement cutting edge technology and have mastered our exclusive industry leading applications and processes to deliver the greatest trade shows possible.