autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big announcement today!

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Investors don't buy companies because they aren't making money, I'll "bet" you on that. He's an investor and an entrepenuer and he purchased a great company. Do you know who just bought the company, Tony George, the son of Mary Hulman (IMS) George. I'm sure Mr. George called you up for your advice before making the decsion to purchase PBMG

Meghan and PMMG don't need me to defend them. I just don't understand why you would come on here and make comments like " I bet, or their will definitely be" when you've had nothing to do with the building or running of this great company that Bob and all his dedicated employees built. You really have no idea what you are talking about.

So that being said have a nice night.
    ok, im just pointing out the obvious and plenty of other people in this thread are saying the same thing. i dont know tony george but already in this thread someone mentioned he "single handedly tanked a different company". sorry if you took it personally im just a concerned, regular customer, that doesn't want the products to change. we've all seen how these things go in the past. i love the site thats where the concern stems from

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    Didn't Tony George almost single handedly destroy open wheel racing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Investors don't buy companies because they aren't making money, I'll "bet" you on that. He's an investor and an entrepenuer and he purchased a great company. Do you know who just bought the company, Tony George, the son of Mary Hulman (IMS) George. I'm sure Mr. George called you up for your advice before making the decsion to purchase PBMG

Meghan and PMMG don't need me to defend them. I just don't understand why you would come on here and make comments like " I bet, or their will definitely be" when you've had nothing to do with the building or running of this great company that Bob and all his dedicated employees built. You really have no idea what you are talking about.

So that being said have a nice night.
    Unfortunatelt this isn't always true.... I am happy it worked out for you and HD..... a very strong company. But... sometimes companies are bought for something they have , that others want.

i work in the petroleum industry and not more than a year ago... a top 5 petroleum resaler in the country bought a company locally in the Illinois area because of a contract the company had. Then they decided they didn't want to deal with the day to day of the company and just got rid of it . It isn't always lollipops and rainbows. I hope it works out for everyone involved because, even though I am not on the forums as much as ALOT of the people here, you are always treated like " family" when you ask about something and have never seen anything like it.... that includes detail fest, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you guys can replicate your Florida operation here in Europe (lines, prices, customer service): shipping charges, custom duties, along with the appreciation of the USD, inhibit me from buying more often!

Post Thanks / Like

Big news indeed!

Maybe the new owners will want to bring back the DP and XMT lines!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    Big news indeed!

Maybe the new owners will want to bring back the DP and XMT lines!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaotik View Post
    Unfortunatelt this isn't always true.... I am happy it worked out for you and HD..... a very strong company. But... sometimes companies are bought for something they have , that others want.

i work in the petroleum industry and not more than a year ago... a top 5 petroleum resaler in the country bought a company locally in the Illinois area because of a contract the company had. Then they decided they didn't want to deal with the day to day of the company and just got rid of it . It isn't always lollipops and rainbows. I hope it works out for everyone involved because, even though I am not on the forums as much as ALOT of the people here, you are always treated like " family" when you ask about something and have never seen anything like it.... that includes detail fest, etc.
    That's totally different. You were part of a redundant business. That's typical in the take over of a smaller company in a larger business environment. There was a company here in Tampa called Neuman Oil (1933), they were the Castrol guys in Tampa. They were on Hillsborough Ave for decades. They were in front of the warehouse I spent 10 years working out of. They were bought, shut down and are ancient history.

AG / PBMG isn't a redundant business. It is an amazing success story and a stand alone business that is wholly based upon what Bob MvKee and his dediciated employees have built over the years. You can buy any business but you can't replicate the dedication of it's employees. The team at AG is what makes it special.

Here's an appropriate analogy, in 1991 when I went into the sales field I called on a company in Clearwater Florida called New Horizon. They were the king of the hill in the automotive paint, abrasives, etc business. Dupont, BASF, PPG, etc at the time. If you were in the automotive body shop business and needed it, they had it in stock and that's where you shopped. Infact this is where I first came across Megs #7, #21, 3m etc and the detailing light bulb went off!

I'm thinking I'm in the same generation as MP. If he were in the Florida market at the time this would have been a large target customer of his.

So I was selling them Scott Wipers and other related items for resale. Then someone with more $$ came in and made the owners an offer they couldn't refuse. Within 6 months they shut the location down and moved it to their hq in Orlando. Key word, redundancy, close proximity to redundant distribution and lines the other company wanted to aquire.

PS dude, I lost my business because of the sale too
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

congrats

8. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567