autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Photos from June 11th 2016 Cars & Coffee

Pictures from June 11th, 2016 Cars & Coffee

Car enthusiasts start showing up from all over Florida in the early morning to get a good place to park plus some hot (or Iced!) coffee and fresh warm pastries!

Mike Phillips led today's tech session which covered the 3 different types of waxes that can be found in the McKee's 37 line: McKee's 37 360, Mckee's 37 Jewling Wax and McKee's 37 Trademark Paste Wax.

McKee's Trademark Paste Wax is a Finishing Wax, which is often referred to as a Show-Car Wax, as it has no abrasives or cleaners. This was is meant for cars with a flawless finish, like Bob's original 1989 Mercedes 560sl with only 6,000 miles on the odometer. Mike just taught a Thursday Night Detailing Class where they brought the single stage paint job back to life. Cars with paint in this condition only need a finishing wax to protect the paint and get the paint Competition Ready.

Mike showcased the various methods and tools to apply a finishing wax; Hand Application with your choice of a Foam Applicator, Polishing Pal or Gold Wax Finger Pockets and also Machine application with a Porter Cable and ThinPro Pad.

McKee's 37 Jeweling Wax is made for cars which are well maintained and just need slight correction. It's ultra-fine abrasives can remove light swirls and defects in the paint while leaving a hi-gloss layer of protection on the paint.

Cars that have been neglected, such as Tommy's Kia, are covered in defects such as swirls and etching from water-spots and bird droppings. This Kia's paint felt like sandpaper, so the first thing that Mike did was use a clay-car on the hood to remove the contaminants that were bonded on top of the clear coat.

Once he was done with that he demonstrated McKee's 37 360 Corrects, Cleans, Seals. McKee's 360 is an aggressive cleaner wax with advanced abrasive and polymer technology that not only removed defects in the paint but also leaves behind 5-6 months worth of protection.
    McKee's 360 can be applied either by Hand with a microfiber applicator, or by machine with a polishing pad. Mike demonstrated each way and achieve superior results with less effort by using the Porter Cable 7424.

The guys over at our sales tent making deals!

Nick Giving a tour after the tech session:

Onto the cars!

Here's a nice Plymouth Fury:

Jesse working a sales tent:

Fresh coffee and pastries!

McLaren:

Corvette ZR1:

Bob chatting with fellow car enthuasists.

Classic Benz

Porsche Panamera

Mach 1 Stang

A few detail shots from a Ford GT40

SS Chevelle

Next to another SS:

Pontiac Trans-Am Pace Car:

Mustang Super Snake:

A newer BMW Convertible:

Modified Mazda RX8:

Supercharged ZL1 Camaro:

Tim's Bel Air:

Foxbody Mustang:

Bob McKee talking to Tim and his son.

A Very clean 'Vette.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Photos from June 11th 2016 Cars & Coffee

EcoBoost Mustang

Bob's Mustang with the top down.

This car was detailed by Mike at his last class and received a treatment of Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating

Kristin working the Coffee and Pastry tent

JJ and his favorite car of the day.

Classic Nomad Wagon

Here's a heavily modified Porsche.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice stuff !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe I missed this. I just found out about this when I called you guys this afternoon and heard it on the please hold music LOL. I thought I heard sunday though, but I guess it was saturday.

It also REALLY sucks because I've been wanting to ask about the 360 AIO (that's why I called) and you guys were showcasing it today! LOL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for hosting this event. Attended my first ever Autogeek Cars and Coffee this morning and had a blast. Loved the $25 bag deal and seeing all the great cars. Well done. That's my Black Cadillac ATS up above, nice to see it in the pictures. This was my first but for sure won't be my last. We really enjoyed Mike's presentation.

Here are a few photos from me for today.

Post Thanks / Like

What was the 25$ bag deal? don't tell me it was all the stuff u just showed a picture of lol

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11B250 View Post
    What was the 25$ bag deal? don't tell me it was all the stuff u just showed a picture of lol
    Yes, it was all of those products in that one picture I posted above. They had a table full of different products out. They gave you a plastic bag (pictured under the microfiber towels in my picture and for $25.00 you could fill your bag with anything that you wanted. If it fit in the bag, it was included. Just with the 3M "Finesse it" products and the two "Supreme Guzzler microfiber towels", my bag would have been worth over $100.00 from what I can see when pricing them out separately online elsewhere. Amazed.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you once again for the great photos Paul.

Always seems to be something different turn up, the car culture there must be very healthy indeed. Jealous of those who got a tour through, would've loved to have done that when I was over for Boot Camp.

Talon90 - great stash in the $25 bag! Thanks for adding to the great pictures too!

Aaryn NZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics. again Paul. Thanks.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Talon90 View Post
    Yes, it was all of those products in that one picture I posted above. They had a table full of different products out. They gave you a plastic bag (pictured under the microfiber towels in my picture and for $25.00 you could fill your bag with anything that you wanted. If it fit in the bag, it was included. Just with the 3M "Finesse it" products and the two "Supreme Guzzler microfiber towels", my bag would have been worth over $100.00 from what I can see when pricing them out separately online elsewhere. Amazed.
    I am SO MAD I just found out around noon on Saturday about this. I couldn't have heard about it friday!?!?!?!??!?!

That's an awesome deal. I only hope they have it going on next month too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast