autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures: Dennis Gage at Autogeek's Cars & Coffee!

Pictures: Dennis Gage at Autogeek's Cars & Coffee!

The story behind Autogeek and Bob "Max" McKee with special guest, Dennis Gage!
    Today's Cars & Coffee with Dennis Gage was over the top awesome! Lots of great people, lots of great cars and a chance to hear the behind the scenes story from Bob McKee as he shared the history of how Autogeek started, where Autogeek is today and where Autogeek is going into the future!

Bob also shared the story about his nickname Max and why Max has now retired but Bob is moving full steam ahead!
    (wait for the video to hear the story)

This is a picture from when Bob was a one man show... and also when Max was introduced....

Here's the first shop, this was the packing room....

Cars & Coffee Tech Session
    After the session with Dennis and Bob it was my turn to conduct the Tech Session where I went over how to evaluate the finish on a car and then using the tips and techniques shared in my how to book, "The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine", I walked everyone through the process to clay and remove swirls out of this beautiful 1954 Hudson Convertible that has not been waxed since the time it was painted, over 15 years ago....

During today's Tech Session I only demonstrated on a small section of paint on the hood. Bill will be bringing his car back this Thursday for the LIVE BROADCAST where we'll be restoring a show car shine to the entire car and all our local cars guys are invited to attend and join in the fun!

Click the below link for more information...

Sign-up: Todd Helme and Rupes at Autogeek - LIVE BROADCAST

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: Dennis Gage at Autogeek's Cars & Coffee!

The weather was PERFECT for Autogeek's Cars & Coffee and we has our largest turn-out of people and cars ever!

This is Matt, he owns the 1967 Continental that we used at my last Detailing Boot Camp Class.

This is my buddy Norm's sweet 1956 Chevy....

This is Bill's 1954 Hudson and in the reflection you can see what a great turn out we had today....

This is my buddy Thom and his 1966 Chevy Nova which is also an Autogeek detailed streetrod....

The Autogeek Drone flying overhead taking pictures and video of today's Cars & Coffee show....

This is my buddy Adam getting a hat signed by Dennis...

This is Justin who goes by Smokinss on our forum telling Dennis about all the mods he's made to the LS2 engine...

Justin's son, a car guy in the making! And that's Justin's wife to the right. Cars & Coffee a great way to start your Saturday with family time, cars and fellowship with other car enthusiasts....

Here's Dennis signing a picture of Carlos's 1963 Plymouth Fury which is also an Autogeek detailed muscle car....

Dennis is talking to my good friend Mark and Joe, Mark owns a 1987 Ferrari GTS 328 that we buffed out here at Autogeek as Mark was the high bidder for the Autism Speaks Charity Detail Auction at last years Detail Fest.

Carlos has placed the picture Dennis singed in his 1963 Fury. We also had his Fury on our TV show, "What's in Autogeek's Garage".

This is my buddy Louie's 1986 Porsche 928 and it's not only in incredible condition, it too was also on our TV show, "What's in Autogeek's Garage". Dennis was amazed at the condition of both the interior and the exterior and it's all original. (It's also for sale)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike, for the Tech Session today along with Bob and Dennis discussions. Good stuff!

Mike Phillips

Such a good turn out of not just "car guys" but friends....

In the back is Jason making lots of coffee and up front is Barbara and her daughter....

Sometimes when I go through all the pictures taken at an event there's a few that stand out. For example I think there's 6 shots like the one below and in each picture my buddy Mark is looking the other way.... His wife Lynn is beautiful and his Ferrari is sexy! Or is his wife sexy and his car is beautiful? Either way!

My buddy Robert with Dennis and that's his TR6 behind him....

My buddy Joe....

This picture is funny because if you look behind Dennis you see Ray my co-worker photobombing!

Nice one Ray....

Mike Phillips

A few more.....

This is my brother-in-law Pete who is also a car guy like most of us. We've had his 1967 Cobra here at Autogeek for one of our show car makeovers and also his 2000 Lotus Esprit with the Twin Turbo Charged Engine.

This is local TriFive car guy and regular at our Thursday night project Tim with Dennis Gage!

Tim, Bob and Dennis...

Shop talk between car guys....

And a parting shot of Ray reading a good book....

I'd like to thank Jeff my co-worker for his superb photography skills as he took all of these pictures.

Nice work Jeff!

Remember, our next Cars & Coffee is Saturday, December 13th and our guest will be Wayne Carini!
    So mark your calendars and be here!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for a fantastic time at Cars & Coffee, Mike! The entire program was as warm and friendly as the perfect weather in "sunny Stuart." Your Tech Session presentation on Bill's 1954 Hudson Hornet convertible was comprehensive and concise. Great work on the photography by you and the Autogeek team. Special thanks to Meghan and you for your time and courtesy to my friends and fellow members of the Everglades Chapter of the BMW CCA. I am looking forward to working on the Hudson on Thursday evening. Thanks, again, for all that you and the Autogeek crew do for car enthusiasts.

Al Fortuna

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great morning! So many cars we didn't get into the tech session. The highlight for me was that my son, connor got a Dennis Gage autograph that's already hanging next to his Mike Phillips autograph. Connor was impressed to find out that Dennis was a scout, a Cub master, and was still able to recite the scout oath.

Pictures: Dennis Gage at Autogeek's Cars & Coffee!-imageuploadedbyagonline1416084539-731553-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I'm oh so jealous!

Folks all getting together wearing shorts and T-shirts in warm, sunny weather.

I look out the window...8" of new snow and the current temp is 3° BELOW!

Sigh....

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Post Thanks / Like

Was an awesome day if you missed it make sure to hit December's Cars and Coffee.

Post Thanks / Like

I had such a great time yesterday. As did my wife and kids.

Thanks Mike Phillips for introducing Dennis Gauge to my family and myself. Means more to me than you know! Dennis is a class act and genuinely great person!

Another highly successful cars and coffee for Autogeek.

Looking forward to another one in December.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast