autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures: 5th Autogeek Cars & Coffee with Dennis Gage

Pictures: 5th Autogeek Cars & Coffee with Dennis Gage

Special Guest - Dennis Gage
    Dennis Gage was a special guest as he Skyped in to greet our guest and talk about cars and cars shows!

Tech Session = Glass Cleaning, Polishing & Sealing
    There's a number of things that make Autogeek's Cars & Coffee unique among all the other cars and coffee shows taking place all around America on any given Saturday and that's of course our special guests that either Skype in or appear in person as well as our Tech Sessions.

At approximately 9:15am, we hold a brief session to go over a few tips and techniques for cleaning water spots and road film plus all the other air-borne contaminants that build-up on the outside of your vehicles glass and how to remove them.

For this session we went over how to work by hand as most people already own a hand or two. IN the future we'll show how to do the same procedure by machine.

We had a great turnout and I'd like to personally say thank you to everyone that attended the glass polishing class this last Saturday!

The Car Show!

Another awesome turnout for Autogeek's Cars & Coffee!

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: 5th Autogeek Cars & Coffee with Dennis Gage

The cars started rolling in early....

Pete's 1957 Chevy!

Mark's all original 1978 Trans Am

Bob's 1963 SS Impala

Our May 2014 Detailing Boot Camp Class machine wetsanded this car twice and then buffed it out. If you ever get a chance to inspect the paint look closely, there's not a sanding mark or swirl in the finish.

Al's Alpine White BMW 1-Series

This Corvette Stingray just finished the Power Tour!
    The owner says he hadn't even wiped her down yet but she still looks beautiful!

This 1970 Mach 1 is painted with a Nissan 350Z metallic Gold and really lights up with the sun shining on her....

More to come!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Pictures: 5th Autogeek Cars & Coffee with Dennis Gage

Love what Pete did here, modern brakes and modern sized Crager S/S's, well done for sure! I also love Pete's T/A but where in the hell was "Snowman", LOL!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Mike Phillips

More cool cars!

Classy Mustang looking good in a dark ruby red....

Here's Carlos arriving in his 1964 Panel Delivery Truck

The students that attended our January 2013 Detailing Boot Camp Class did the machine polishing to the paint on this rare truck....

Justin aka smokinss on our forum, his GTO always has perfect paint and perfect everything else!

Here's a classic Fox body Mustang convertible....

1955 Chevy COE - COE = Cab Over Engine
    I didn't get the year of this 1955 Chevy COE cab truck but it was without a doubt one of the coolest streetrods here....

Mercedes-Benz Kompressor

1970 Chevelle - Factory 454 Big Block Chevy
    This is my buddy Renaldo's newest acquisition. He just purchased this all original factory big block Chevelle and now days this car because it's a factory big block car is appreciating faster than money in the bank.

Don Eddy's 1964 1/2 Mustang - Family owned since it was new!
    Sad to say that Don recently had the hood repainted and the body shop that painted it left holograms in the paint. So we're going to have Don back to Autogeek and remove the holograms for him.

1987 Shade Maker
    Everyone kept say,

"You're truck's finally good for something"

That is it was hotter than a volcano this last Saturday and my truck was casting a long shadow since the sun was low in the sky and Earl, Pete, Gene and Bob took advantage of the shade it created....

More to come!

Post Thanks / Like

Great event as always, thanks for sharing. Hope someday I may participate at some AG event, looks like you had a very good time, again.

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like another outstanding turnout. Seems like it gets bigger with each passing C&C.

Thanks for sharing.

Mike Phillips

1962 Chevy Impala SS

Here's my buddy Earl, or Earl the Plumber as we call him around here... Earl has a passion for red muscle cars and BIG cubic inch Big Block Chevy Engines.

Here's Earl's beautiful 1962 Impala SS with a 632 Cubic Inch BBC putting out over 900 GRUNT Horsepower.

It's been a while since the paint on this beautiful red Impala has had a proper detail so if you're reading this and attending the Autogeek's Competition Ready Class or ACR, this is one of the cars you'll be working on.

Smokem if you got em....

And just to note, Earl installed a Line Lock system to lock up the front brakes to make doing burn-outs safe... well at least as safe as a burn-out can be.

This cloud of smoke was a big as a house! Courtesy of the Goodyear Tire Corporation.

This is where the proverbial rubber actually does meet the road...

That's Yancy using his finger to write Autogeek in the molten rubber while it's still liquid! He says it burnt his finger! Kids... don't try this at home...

Having a little camera fun with iVan...

I actually took these with my iPhone as I was leaving Saturday.... have to share these on the truck forum I hang out on... while my truck does have a Posi-Track Rearend with 4:56 gears, the small block 350 could never bake them off like Earl's 632 BBC. The good news is I have a 454 lined up to take the place of the 350 small block.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, thanks for sharing the pics but I must make a correction, the Chevelle is NOT a 70' but a 71', the 70 had quad headlights, 71' went to 2. The 71' has its parking lights split by a bar, the 72 was solid orange.

I wish I could make it down there for something like this but 25 hrs is a long drive, especially in a Fiat 500 Abarth, LOL!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Mike, thanks for sharing the pics but I must make a correction, the Chevelle is NOT a 70' but a 71', the 70 had quad headlights, 71' went to 2. The 71' has its parking lights split by a bar, the 72 was solid orange.
    Thanks for the correction. I get pretty busy at these Cars & Coffee shows, feels like I'm being pulled in 3-4 directions at all times. Have to work fast to get the pictures and sometimes I forget what year each and every car is.... so thank you.

Big picture is Renaldo has a very cool Chevelle with a BBC and you should see the smile on his face!

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

I wish I could make it down there for something like this but 25 hrs is a long drive, especially in a Fiat 500 Abarth, LOL!

Just enjoy the pics.... try to make it to Detail Fest next March, I heard it's going to be bigger than ever!

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics Mike! And great seeing everyone. My wife and kids really love coming out to these events. After watching the past few tech sessions my wallet isn't going to like it so much! LOL

As far as my GTO being perfect, I doubt that! LOL But for a daily driven 100k mile car it holds it's own. And as always I appreciate the compliments and camaraderie when attending these events. Keep it up!
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast